The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

Perhaps this charismatic individual has somehow disappeared permanently. Though him disappearing will cause suspicion and they will consider him a martyr or they will calm down and carry on with their lives.

True Snipered, I guess rumors would spread and talk will go on, but generally it would depend on how he was dealt with and the noble’s image. Especially depend on how long he was going on for. Just another day in the lands of a noble, or a matter of giving rise to public unrest.

Is it preferred to have character titles be abbraviated or kept full.

Ex. Captain Serenity vs Capt./CG. Serenity or Lt. Sebastian vs Lieutenant Sebastian

Note: CG refers to Captain of the guard. It’s an either or situation with Capt. or CG, not both.

I will probably have to bring this question back up if ranks shift again.

I think Captain works without abbreviations.

Well that depends now doesn’t it? People hate to admit it but they’re easily manipulated. For instance if I said there was a riot in Ferguson again and there was no one to say otherwise then the chances of you believing it are higher than usual. If this information kept being spread by the loudest and most persuasive people for long periods of time then the chances of you believing it steadily rise ever higher.

Now let’s say I did that here. I have the loudest voice and since those in my employ share that voice I’ll be able to spread my story far and wide. Of course there will be those who won’t believe me and there will be those that my opponent will try to send his own message out with. The latter can be bribed or “coerced” into silence or turning on their master altogether. The former will be the minority and possibly might not even care one way or another. With my opponent backed into the corner and overwhelming “evidence” and “witnesses” that I’ve carefully played finally taking their tole he’ll have only a few options which I will give him. Exile, execution, or join in my employ as well. His reputation would be saved,his name restored and my facade as the good and just noble will remain.

Was more meaning abbreviations overall, all ranks generally (Excluding short titles)

As for the slanderer. You would welcome him into your employ hmm. True, the powers of the powerful is a… powerful one.

@Razgriz Now you might be able to start stories on him to counter what he’s saying, but if he’s, as @Cecilia_rosewood mentioned, was working off criticism of your own downsides… you can’t simply destroy an “idea”. If you have truly been building unrest in the city on your own by the time they arrived, rather than scandal they’ll be voicing facts, which people are inclined to hear. This “idea” that you are unfit to rule might stop coming from his lips once you’ve dealt with him, but if he’s working on facts the people will take note.

Suppose we are hanging out in a bar. Taxes are high, winter is coming, we’re all struggling, people are disheartened and grumbling. Then this man walks in, dressed like a common man. Orders a drink and soon enough begins to speak loudly with the bartender, he speaks of the new “lord” and how “he” has brought nothing but trouble. The bar is soon leaning their ears in to listen. Inevitably his solution is dethronement as he works off the peoples anger. His “vanishing” won’t get rid of that. Others might come and support you, many in fact, but it won’t hide the fact that their bellies are empty and they want change. Does your stance there change?

No not really. I’d have to give off the aura of the common man when hardships arrive. If there were to be a food shortage I do not continue to have feasts. Instead I may very well go hungry with my country men. My home will not be filled with the vanity of the usual noble houses. Instead it’s mainly fitted for practical reasons. Business of state, defences,and living. When I go to survey my lands I spend some time working there as well. It may be merely an afternoon but the sight of your leader climbing down from his throne to work in the mud beside you doesn’t really give off the air of a tyrant sitting upon his throne growing fat while you starve now does it?

This will of course make me look like I am beneath the status of other nobles but that’s where my military plans come in. My entire goal is to gain the people’s undying trust much like Stalin and Kennedy did. From there I will forge a nation to be proved of, I will not let any obstacles stand in my path. Especially not someone who threatens me with slander. I want it to be possible that were I to get my people loyal enough, they’d become outraged at someone speaking out against me.

@Razgriz A noble path. Loved by ones people. Strength lays in domestic affairs, but suffers in foreign affairs. Truly, a noble path, but with so much concern and focus on the well being of the people, what of your fragile relations with other nobles? As they plot, gather, and form their alliances, be careful you do not exclude yourself and miss so much that when the time for war arrived it isn’t your unified city vs the world.

But ah, that’s worst case scenario, capture the love of the people and what isn’t there that they would want to do for you?

Just… one… more… section, then at last, I can rest.

To work with the commoners? Then why i am still the ruler? I am here to RULE! Not to work in mud with these insects. And if nothing else is working against those who speak against me, they still have families.

My unified city would also be the most militarized populace on the planet. Every man and woman over the age of twelve will be given weapons and armour and instructed in how to fight with them. By the time war is upon us, the bitter rivalries between other nobles could easily have them distracted enough to make the fatal mistake of not committing enough men to capture my city.

@Ominous Ah the voice of the common ruler, as you’ll come to learn, there are many faces of being a ruler and many affects to what you do. Would it be so hard to rule as a tyrant, but still solidifying the loyalty of your people? Actually that might, you’re people would probably too afraid of you.

@Razgriz Forming a militia aye? The funds that would take would be excessive. From basic wooden weaponry to the full set when wartime comes around. Not to mention they’ll be too busy training, cutting into their work time and ultimately taxes for a time. Let’s not forget that your own father has enemies that will certainly come down on you, and the fact that no new noble of their own house goes unnoticed. Even you will learn about new houses and must decide what to do with them. The people generally don’t like a cunning leader, but can you afford to sacrifice opportunity and rewards so that you may secure the love,unity, protection of your people?

Ignore this: Code for militia would call for population/troop complex and/or simplified math. Possible and workable if need be and continous.

Honestly I’d have them discredited and shamed if they’re slandering me.

Slandering: You haven’t done much wrong, they might be nitpicking for faults, but generally they are fabricating lies about you to slander your name.

Discredit: You’ve mismanaged your kingdom for the most part, at least in the peoples eyes, things aren’t going well and faults are clearly visible, blame is being put on you and they’re working on using the truth against you.

Generally how things will go down. Of course there won’t be a warning when he appears, but it should always be expected.

I’m suprised I never caught this before, but… I don’t think slapping a table is very um. Fearsome.

Found a few errors. Too many screenshots on the same page for multiple errors. If onlyni could highlight them all, but…

Actully…I do. I wish to be employed here as your spy master and your political adviser. There is no one else in your keep that know more of those you will be dealing with more than I do and will. I shall also protect your secrets and gain information you otherwise wouldn’t have. In turn, I gain a home, safety, and conclusion on my family affairs. This way we all get what we want.”

Actually

knows, actually the whole sentence feels off to me.
Maybe rewritten as:
There is no one else in your keep that knows as much as I do about those you will be dealing with

Not sure if you actually meant conclusion or inclusion (if her family is apart of your house. Unsure her family is apart of your house or another). Bit confused on that sentence.

Announcement

Update/Expansion is now up!

The update will include… a lot. Normally I make a list of the changes in the game, but this time round there’s been quite a lot of changes to really keep track of.

• Major changes include the stat page overall changing.
  • The character Whisper officially using her real name.
  • Old tour of the city scenes have been removed.
  • Serious revision and bug squashing has been done.
  • Some work into the next chapter for timely updates have been put in.
  • Order has been brought to the layout of the story.
  • Prologue is officially completed.
  • New titles given to advisers (more are in coming)
  • Other unnamed updates.

A bit of a warning. The demo does end in a cliff hanger, as they always do, though this part may be a tinsy bit confusing without the information from the next chapter. Sozzy. Enjoy, and I look forward to your feedback.

Notice
For the sake of continued public updates and releases, I’m looking for feedback, constructive criticism, error/bug/grammar issues, inconsistencies, plot issues, or other input on the story itself. More so, a feature has been added to jump chapters (might be buggy), this is to help those prepared to assist with beta testing to help scour the game for feedback on individual sections. (No password required). Feedback especially on the newest chapter is preferred.

2 Likes

Yay! You probably sacrificed too much sleep for that update though :wink:

Hi Arcania. How are you?

So, I have a few questions and if you can’t answer them, it’s all right xD

1- Do you think in the future game, we can try to create a Empire? Conquering the others kingdoms.

2- Are our character the rightful heir to the kingdom or we are, I don’t know, the fifth son of the old king?

3- I know it’s a lot of hard work, but are you going to create a guide to the lands of your story? Explaining the kingdoms and etc. I don’t know if you already have it, but I’m just curious about it xD

See you.

I chose inquisitor background and then HAD to name my hold SkyHold (some people will get that)

2 Likes

@EmperorHeartless Haha something like that
@SheaMcD Took me a moment but I got it :wink:
@marvinaustin Well ello there marvin, pleasure to hear from you, I’m doing well enough. :smile:

(1) If by future game you are meaning once you take the throne, yes conquering other kingdoms to create an empire would be the next step. Although, that’s an if the royal legacy continues on to book two.

(2) Neither. You are unrelated to the throne in every way. The way the throne works is that the ruler rules for life, which surprisingly not many have lived a full life, they tend to perish from mysterious circumstances. Once a ruler is deemed unfit to rule, the games of nobility begins to lay claim to it. The throne is inherited down a lineage, however the heir becomes any noble that can wrest control from the heir within an allotted time period. Perhaps I’m over or under explaining, I have the information written somewhere, if it hasn’t been explained already in the game, it will be.

(3) It is indeed a lot of hard work. For the case the storyline progression will be put aside for the story mechanics, background story, general stuff on the land. Although only the things you need to know will appear in the story as your advisers have shown. Everything else you’ll find in your keeps library.

If you have any other questions do let me know that includes if my answers weren’t clear enough.

1 Like

This is really great so far, I can’t wait to see more! :smile: I think I’ve read somewhere that you are going to update every third Thursday/Friday of every month, is that true? Also is the game supposed to end when Rolo tell you to leave the council room (? I don’t know how to explain this I’m so sorry)
I’m going to give you some feedbacks and (ask you some more questions :blush: ) tomorrow, it’s nearly midnight here in Italy.
Ahh and the feature to jump chapters doesn’t work but I think you already know that.

1 Like

I loved it can’t wait for more