The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

I am gonna use biological warfare.
But only in siege warfare.
And I will burn that fortified structure down immediately after.
Any livestock in there will be killed and burned too.
Just…
Just burn the entire thing to get rid of the virus.

@RyseAbove what part of it seems too advanced. And to note, the game has a generally medieval scenery feel to it and does lack electricity and most generally modern technology (even non electricity wise), but things are still kept relatively basic.

@faewkless Wait wait… you’re going to siege a location, only to burn it down after? Ah still on the virus matter, never mind ^=^. Burn away the virus and anything related to it, not a bad plan.

Generally there are three means of dealing with ze epidemic.

• Destroy it.
  • Find a cure.
  • Leave it be.

Destroying it will be costly in the means of those infected would have to be destroyed along with anything they came in contact with. Curing it would account for advancements in the medical field and costly to funds, the disease will remain, but it won’t be much of a concern anymore. Leave it be will account for allowing it to spread and kill until it’s done so much damage, only those immune survives or the virus has ran out of clumps of people to spread it to.

No doubt from such trials you and your people will come out of it enlightened and even more determined to advance and progress. What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger right? You’re so going to have a rebellion on your hands with that attitude :wink:

Any rebellion will be crushed! I like rebellions! A good excuse to spill more blood. :smile: I am a little too bloodthirsty?

Yes my friend, yes you are. Though wouldn’t war or executions be enough to sate your thirst.

Attempting make the game winnable without having to shed a single drop of blood. Of course, it’ll be very difficult, but not impossible.

@Arcania I was replying to SheaMcd’s comment about creating a virus, it seemed a bit advanced to create a virus.

Don’t mind me in that case :blush:

@SheaMcD Using a virus that already exists…and only your people has found the cure to… that could work, though inevitably someone will find a cure, but who knows what the extent of the damage it will reap as it ravages the land in that time. Getting scientific… would you be giving out this cure for free, stressing your economy (funds) or do it the normal way and have the people buy the needed medications (cure) in which case the majority probably won’t be able to afford it, ravaging your own cities in turn. The world is conspiring against you to ensure this virus isn’t born. :wink:

1 Like

@SheaMcD @Arcania That actually is a good idea you could spread your disease to other lands and demand money in return of the cure or other lands can spread diseases to your land thus having to pay the ransom or use your agents to find the cure or heck try making the cure from scratch having to experiment. That might be a bit too much… sry just throwing out some ideas.

That’s…actually a pretty incredulous thought. In all actuality you would be holding the entire realm hostage. Pay or Suffer.

Who knows what might come of it. Wars and the likes might come to an end in order to fund projects of finding a cure.

(Of course all of this is hypothetical, one could make an entire game on the matter, in royal legacies case, this disease won’t be lasting very long, there is a throne to be captured after all!)

1 Like

Finally took some time to play the game.

Freakin’ awesome! Really feels like I’m managing a keep here, great job!

Though I did find a coupl’a things including typos etc:

What curves exactly? Hair obviously, but this isn’t stated in the paragraph.

“She looks up at you with a steely gaze” would work better here, just for lack of repetition in wording, since it says later her eyes are actually steel colored.

Random close quote.

Is it my imagination, or was command since changed out for troops on the stats screen, because I don’t see it there?

Should be “A pleasure to make your aquaintance”

Stream should be “streams”, length should be “lengths”, and “over it” is said twice in the same sentence, switch out one for “above it” and you’re good. Also, what do you mean by lined, please elaborate?

“not very compassionate…” 0_0
not very compassionate…” -_-#
NOT VERY COMPASSIONATE??? (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

And this is after rather than killing the lot of 'em, or letting the disease spread elsewhere, I chose to quarantine and send in our best doctors… do these people have a death wish? Are they bent on getting the kingdom run into the ground? Are they stupid? Or are they just all of the above?

I chose to put money into defense fortifications and medicine, there’s no sense getting more soldiers, since any rag tag army with a half decent commander at the helm could zip in here and have us pinned down in the city since even if we suddenly conscripted 1000 more trained men out of thin air, we wouldn’t have enough time or men (assuming the enemy isn’t stupid enough to plan a siege with less than 2000 men) to run the enemy a merry go round campaign or to try and pincer them atwixt the city’s (currently) non-existent defenses. Thus, let us give ourselves the high advantage that terrain can afford us, and enemy can break their formations against trace italianne, for all the good that’ll do for 'em.

On side note, could we pay less for things that require certain departments of our kingdom (like the epidemic) if we have a high enough level in the corresponding department?

And finally:

Y Author?

Y u do dis to me?

Seriously though, I can’t wait for the next update, it’s a pity all scenes got lost :frowning: .

Also: snarky Rolo is awesome.

2 Likes

About the whole virus thing… Viruses mutate and cures fan become ineffective. Unless you have a method of spreading it far away and are able to control it’s mutation it could very well bite you back and kill your own people off. And if you introduce bilogical warfare others will eventually follow suit and since I’m assuming medicine is nowhere near as advanced as it is today or at least lacking the ease of usage with modern day machines essentially you’d be killing yourself, the people around you, and anyone else the disease comes in contact with (excluding the immune people of course. And no you can’t suddenly be immune. @Arcania isn’t that nice to give you immunity lol)

1 Like

Apologies for the late response, won’t get into details for the delay, but cha.

@Malebranche First, thank you very much, I appreciate the appreciation for the game. Typos have all been fixed, but they won’t be seen until next update. As for the compassionate part lol, they are uneducated. This works real time (in game). Because you upgraded- gave money to a department, they need some time to actually implement it and put it to use. People don’t instantly get knowledge after all. Therefore when people here that they are being separated from their families… they don’t see it as very compassionate. They do however notice that you are making sacrifices.

Your upgrades effect the results. The results are tied in mainly with the corresponding department tier. In short,you’ll be saving money in the long run. But seeing the scene reaction are within a few days of each other, I guess it’ll be in the short run…

With the tiering system and all, setting a lowered cost depending on having the right level and managing the cost (knowing if the mc had previously upgraded a certain department and the cost for that. x (# of departments) it’ll be such a length of code it simply wouldn’t do. Besides that, I can’t go too easy on ya :smiley:

@EmperorHeartless Well said. One is free to pursue the path of madness, but inevitably it all comes back to haunt you. Essentially you’ll be starting the apocalypse. Haha, I could be… nah you’re right. :smile:

I’m curious, for those who ordered the extermination of the sick and the disease. Did you order the bodies to be buried… or burned.

Wait there was an option to bury? I only had the option for it to be burned. Maybe I just didn’t notice or played an old demo. I’ll check again.

Woops sorry Neo, there isn’t an option in that specific. Just a musing rhetorical question.

And to note to others. The game does say at times that “This was the best option” not in those exact words of course, but your people might say something like that. Key things to note. It all depends on your definition of a best result. In their eyes, it might look like the best thing to do at the time, but you might wanna ask yourself… what does a bunch of commoners know?

Mix up your ruling at times, see the results, then decide whether it was the “best option”. No matter how good a choice may be. I’m afraid I’m not so sweet as to let it all end “perfectly fine” :see_no_evil:

There should be a scene- chapter where you have a hater, but their charismatic and getting the people on their side. Practically undermining and slandering your name. Although I’m curious on that point. How would you deal with someone like them? How does your values (The way you are/the way you want people to see you as) play into things?

I’m a bit of a softy I guess… A pragmatic softy who doesn’t like to keep up appearances. If such a person showed up all of a sudden my first response would be to go and talk to them. They need to have some reason for hating you, right? And once you know that reason you can try and improve yourself and your rules on those things. That person might just have some brilliant insights on what’s going on that you’ve missed completely.

If there’s no real reason for that person hating you that complicates matters, but I’d still prefer to try and solve it in some non-violent way. I’m not quite sure how though. I’ve got a feeling banishment would have a distinct chance of having the opposite effect of what I’d be trying to achieve.

1 Like

He is going to have an “accident” one day. And sure i will try to ruin his reputation. I will do this in secret, i don’t want to give him credibility or transform him into a martyr.

Hmm that’s an interesting situation there. I’d probably either forge some piece of false evidence against him and have him executed after firmly turning the people against him or give him a gift. The gift would be something like a blanket or a fine coat, the reason for this is that it would be either poisoned or diseased. I’m sure they have creatures with similar toxin as the poison dart frog right?

After all when you play the game of thrones you either win or you die. I intend to be the one who wins and rules over all the land!

1 Like

@Cecilia_Rosewood Intriguing to say the least. There’s always a reason for everything, but in that time that it’s taking you to find, solve, and improve the matter- can you handle the damage to your image they’ll cause in the meantime?

@Ominous Dig up personal records on him aye; ruining someones credibility is always a means to get someone to slink back into the shadows.

@Razgriz A more direct approach hmm. Paint him as the enemy and “legally” take him down… a reasonable action. Destroy anyone that stands in your way. However, beware martyrs.

That depends on what my image is. If it was bad to begin with I don’t have a whole lot to lose (maybe fend off a few more assassins and crush a few more budding uprisings, but that’s it.), if my image was good it’d do some more damage, but at the same time people would be less inclined to believe such a person, which buys me some more time and if my image was somewhere in the middle… Well… I guess I’d have to make that person vanish for a period of time and have a good in-depth conversation about the matter (depending on the person possibly with some intimidation and/or (mild) torture.).

Martyrs are indeed a problem. However that’s only if they’re remembered as martyrs. If they’re remembered as psychopathic anarchists then they will lose their power.

@Cecilia_Rosewood I like the idea of speaking to them and discussing matters. True, having a good image generally would make people take a second look at them and be more easier to dispose, that is a very good point o.o

Intimidation aye. Hmm I don’t believe there’s a stat that measures intimidation… but that can be squeezed in with leadership. And your ability to be convincing with charisma… I might want to take a second look at the stats.

@Razgriz Can’t argue there, though I doubt his sudden… “situation” wouldn’t start rumors linking you.

On the matter of being chosen to rule. …

Q: What’s the difference between democracy and feudalism?
A: In democracy, your vote counts. In feudalism, your Count votes.

1 Like