The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

I’m glad you found my suggestions useful! :blush:

I will try to look through the rest when I get the chance!

@NeoHeartless Well ello there, that’s right, political marriages are being planned for the future in the background. That is very much on purpose. (He does have a forgettable name doesn’t he) I’m currently with him right now, making plans on what to do in the city :smile: I had the scene written out somewhere, be a shame to have to rewrite it…now where did I put it…

That is very much correct. You’ll have several enemies to contend with, excluding the ones you have yet to make and have made during the trial. Those allies and enemies will be showing their heads in the next scenes and more in depth over the next chapter. Domestic first then Foreign.

Part of the enemy play would be the disrepair of the keep…speaking of, is the scene where the MC pays for the keep repairs still there? Don’t remember running through it when adjusting the funds…

@bumblebree Think we just found you an extra day job :p, if you would like the access code (which has proven to clearly not be as secretive as imagined) let me know, it’ll aid in navigating the scenes.

2 Likes

If you mean the part where they debate over where funds should be put and the option to spend crowns on fixing the fort then yes. If it’s not then nope sorry. Haven’t seen a “rebuilding the fort scene”

Also Hi! Lol. I just been lurking, but checking the demo. I definitely like it so far and hope to be of some use in its development.

Oi that scene is one to be repeated often as the story progresses, to further construct your holding. Hmm…as long as there’s a mean to “repair” I guess it’s all right. Tell me something, did you call upon the money lender? And if so how much did you take from him?

Glad to hear it :smile:, then let’s be sure to get what we can into development aye :wink:

Only 5,000. Honestly when deciding funds I’m at a crossroads between defences or education & medicine. I borrow the 5k Crowns to quarantine, but I feel that may be a foolish decision as a noble, but I can’t really bring myself to just kill them off. Sending them off to other cities would also potentially ruin my reputation before I get past the first tax season!

Haha someones thinking like a true noble at last! Weighing in the consequences is a tough one :wink: Speaking of the quarantine and consequences…there was a decision to simply ignore them right?

What’s the status of your crowns? Or is it going through shock from the dept your dipping into? Gotta be sure not to set incoming funds too high or too low.

Hmm I don’t think there was a decision to ignore them. I believe I only had “Quarantine”, “Kill them all”, and “Send them to your neighbors”. Of course it’s entirely possible I read the ignore it option thought so little of it and then ignored its entire existence.

And I had about 800 Crowns left with a debt of 5k. (Deduct 200 due to the prophetic sheep herder. I wanted to lock him up tbh thought he was crazy, but got to keep up appearances after all.)

I don’t think I’ll have an ignore option then in that case, looks perfectly fine as it is with balanced results. That’s a perfectly sound amount of crowns and dept, looks like things are going as planned.

Hahaha an interesting one that one. (Don’t take my words for support for any decision made, afterall there are no right or wrong answers in the world of nobility.) :wink:

Appreciate the information, now to focus on Sergeant Colin and the city tour.

Well I’d be happy to share my opinion on those scenes when you’re ready to have them tested. Also I feel that the backgrounds should have a mini-chapter and the like. Just something that explains what happened and perhaps give rise to opportunities or problems (depending on how you handle situations in your life before becoming a Noble) in the future.
Also what are the estimated ages for you and your advisors. Showing the age just imo helps me get into the story and characters more.

I’ve been planning for an entire chapter alone for the background (mainly for replayability). Depending on the MC’s background…they’ll have quite a handful.

There are several incoming scenes where your background plays a role into things, the background page isn’t just there for scenery ya’know.

I’ve actually been arguing back and forth whether to ignore the age factor of the MC’s or not.

As it stands right now, whatever age “you” the MC are, that’s generally what age the other advisers are. You know, better to slip into the skin of your character, that and it aids with the plot.

Specifically noting the idea of having an adviser as a love interest. But that’s all still in the development stage.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear. I’ve been wondering whatever happened to my fellow soldiers and my commanding officer. Maybe I’ll see them at a future battle and be able to convince them to join my side hint hint lol. That could be an outcome although I imagine there can be lots of possible scenarios for the background.
Alsobunderstand what your going with the age thing. Some people would like that, but others would also feel slightly irritated about not having an “defined” age I guess all that really matters is how you present it.
Romanceing an advisor huh. Guess that’s one way to buy absolute loyalty lol.

Also sorry if I come off as demanding with some of comments whether now or in the future. It’s your story you are writing and I just want to help out, but when I get into it the ideas just keep coming out lol

lol I think I get the idea :wink:

I’m attempting at general description about them and defining what they wear. Hopefully leaving that to the MC’s imagination of getting a good picture in their head. Decisions decisions…

And oh no please, I understand where you’re coming from and welcome the input. Flows of ideas tend to build new perspectives and even more ideas, I welcome them with open arms. (I tend to see everything in the best light at nearly all times)

I guess the MC can be of un-announced age and the advisers more…leveled. Though I’ll still have to think on which approach I want to take.

Haha so many possibilities. I feel if I tried writing something I’d end up spending days just writing prologues.
If you need any assistance (story wise and picking up mistakes) just let me know or just put update versions of the game out. I’ll be sure to add in my input. As for coding… You’d have better luck elsewhere. I have the coding skills of actually I have no coding skills.

Lord I know what you mean. Can’t begin to tell ya. I’ll be sure to hold you up to that mate. Haha no worries, I’ve got the coding covered :wink:

That would be great! It may take me a bit to get you some more edits, but I absolutely will when I get some time!

I’m away for 2 days and I miss all of that. Well, what feast wouldn’t have a jester, pig with an apple in the mouth, bread, wine/ale, cheese, and assorted vegetables and fruits. I think we should be able to discus the state of the realm, rumors, and I think we should be able to partake in some events, like maybe tipping cows, singing songs, playing the lute or shooting an adventurer with a arrow to the knee.

I also called upon the money lender, 5,000, but after court was held I still had like, 3,800 or 2,800, something like that. Of course I sent the sick to other cities. Well, that was before the crown amount dropped to 12,000. Here I would like to state that I believe 14,000 or even 15,000 crowns is a better starting amount.

The advisors being around our age is fine with me, it means we will understand each other more. By the way, I have yet to figure out the code, but I will keep trying :innocent:

Hmm… I just can’t see people being ok with their new noble pranking the hell out of them. First Impressions of course. A noble pranking his own people would not be very popular among his subjects and would most likely be mocked and shamed by other nobles.

I wasn’t being serious with the pranking part, and I would assume that seeing a noble being a little more fun and relaxed would increase the popularity with the common people, but yeah it would probably hurt the reputation with other nobles.

If we are able to romance our adviser, may I suggest gender-locking the adviser then? Then we’ll have Captain Valeria/Whisper and Rolo/(Sergeant Colin? :wink:) as RO’s? (Correct me if I’m wrong!)

Colin that’s his name! And are they gender locked? I wouldn’t know. I never play as females not my thing really. Can’t get into a story believing I’m female. Sounds like it could be a surreal experience.