The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

Damn it, now I’m never going to be able to make the eccentric Lord Zane, who insisted all his advisers wear pink, one-piece swimsuits all the time.

@Zane_Hiam o.o I should really have a scene where the MC attempts to get everyone in pink o.o Though admittedly none of the advisers like pink surprisingly :confused: Dunno about the swimsuit though :stuck_out_tongue:

I originally meant for the game to be more vague, straight to the point, and faster paced. I will see about returning to that in the incoming chapters. Along with the…reward before the deed thing.

How manny people are in this realm? And i can do horrible things on the conquered territories? :grin:

The amount of people is still in debate for this realm and its era.

Conquered territory becomes one with your country. As the stats imply you can rule with compassion or as a tyrant. Thongs can get quite bad, but prepare for revolts.

And i can suppress a revolt with extreme violence? Bloodshed is calling for my soul! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Technically if your people have revolted, they’ve rosen up against you…thus that’s game.

Althouhh before that happens its possible to end demonstrations, protest, and rallies by force. All in all, deal with the situation as you please.

Best have the absolute loyalty of your army first though, or you might have a problem on your hands.

Even if i have the loiality of my army they will be alright with this?

Consider your army as the extension of your will. IF your army isnt loyal to you and you order them to do something like… massacre civilians. They’ll think you’ve gone mad. When the people begin to riot ( not at revolt stage) your army might join them or not protect you and you’l get caught up in things. If the citizens revolt than you have a chance of the army putting a stop to things.

Edit: For the sake of the game actually getting updated…I’ll be replacing the choice of who you can go into town with the MC will be taking a guard with them instead. A sergeant will do fine…

If there are any questions as to the details of the why, feel free to ask, till then.

Attempting to edit and revise as I multi-task update. If you experience any bugs during game play…that’s a problem. And if you spot anything that doesn’t make sense let me know.

And a bit of news! I think I might have finally figured out the gift bestowed upon the royal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right after you’re introduced to Sergeant Colin; when you’re about to enter the city.

The gift? Are you talking about the supernatural ability?

That should’ve led to the demo ending, I’ll fix that, thanks @flux

@NoGo It’s something else :slight_smile: would hate to spoil the surprise. Though it couldn’t hurt to have visions in your dreams…and having the ability to shut it out through dream catchers or such that an adviser concocts…

If there’s anything anyone wants to ask the sergeant just let me know.

@Arcania Another one :stuck_out_tongue: After you decide to go to the market with Sergeant Colin.

@Flux Found n Fixed %_%

@Arcania what is the easiest way to indicate somewhere we found a potential wording error? I can screenshot it, but if I don’t screenshot the entire passage, is it too vague to find?

Snipping Tool allows you to screenshot the exact area you want. But if there’s something, simply the general what you did to get there- what the next choices are- or what’s going on (Who’s around). Every scene and every choice and description is unique so it’s not too difficult. - Apologies for the late response.

No worries! Thanks for the reply.

Would you like edits to the grammar and punctuation of your text at this time? If so, would you prefer I post them here? The post might get a bit long, but they’re mostly punctuation and grammar edits.

Here will be perfectly fine, thank you. :slight_smile:

Okay! Here are some suggested grammar and punctuation edits:

I believe trampling already implies “upon” in its definition. So saying “trampling upon” is like saying “treading on upon.” But I might be wrong. I also think the wording is a bit strange to say something is “trampling towards you,” but again, that might not be correct.

I would say something like “A massive army marches below you, trampling your land as they make their way towards you and your keep.”

Some minor punctuation suggestions:

Both of these should have commas:

“A gentle voice speaks to you, seemingly in your head, overcoming the noise around you.”

“Your loyal paragons stand at your side, assured by your presence.”

“Remember the words of the wise: ‘All great kingdoms are destined to fall.’”

The first sentence would be clearer if you said: “I must give the signal to let loose the trap I set before battle.”

“As if you had just seen a vision, you quickly shake your head and focus on your surroundings.”

A suggested rewording:

“Servants run to your side as you arrive at the gates of a large hold in disrepair. A woman approaches you as you step down from your horse with several guards following a few feet behind her. Her long, wavy scarlet hair reaches down to the middle of her back and hangs mysteriously in front of her left eye. She has a smile on her face and wears custom-made light armor. As she moves towards you, her hips sway naturally with each step. Even so, these graceful movements and attractive features do nothing to diminish the obvious skill and experience she possesses. As she finally stops in front of you, she taps her blade and her initial smile is replaced by a glare.

She must know who you are. If she knows what’s good for her, she’ll address you as…”

Sorry it was so long :stuck_out_tongue: Please keep in mind that these are just suggestions and I completely understand if I’m being more picky than you want to be. If you would like, I could look through all the other passages with the same scrutiny, but I don’t want to do that to start, in case I’m going too in depth for your liking.

Great work! It looks like it will be a cool story! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for running through that, much obliged :smile:

For the trampling part, I did put in a comma, but I prefer that wording. As upon is a more formal word for “on” it seems to flow better for me. Other than that, I agree for the most part with all the suggestions.
That word, mysterious, made me want to add more to her description, even a piece of side story to that. Although it looks right, I’m not so sure it sounds right. Feel free to take a look at that piece.

And please, I adore nitpickers, that probably wasn’t the best use of words to describe it. A thorough examination and scrutiny is just what my games need, especially at the early stage. Helps me specifically to confirm my words, so I’m not going over it 20 times trying to rephrase even further. It’ll be a nice help to go further if you so wish. Look forward to further works, and I do very much appreciate the support. :wink:

Assassins Legacy has been sucking up my work time. Just need to bring the fragments together, and I’ll be back to work on Royal Legacy.

Oy, royals
Part of the celebration to officiate the establishment of the MC is a feast in their honor. (Sorry guys, no festival, you’re not sitting on The Throne just yet :p) If you have any thoughts or ideas on what should be served, what entertainment should exist, and generally what you can do or discuss, let me know. Else I might take more time than I need to on it.

I assume since its a royal you’ll probably be able to set up a political marriage in the future or something like that.

Also the demo stops right after I finish asking Serenitys brother (I forgot his name lol) questions. Is that on purpose or is that a coding issue.

Also I would assume that your family already has a few enemies and allies considering it’s been around for several generations.