The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

That one I mentioned about the boy going to the Bones of Sonder is still there, and I have the error message too:

1_0_trials line 261: non-existent variable ‘faith’

That message happened when I told the shepherd’s boy it was too dangerous to travel alone into the hundreds of miles of ancient abandoned cities and crypts buried under his feet just because he got dizzy and thought God told him to.

@Moreau I had forgotten there was more than one way to refuse him…that one has also been fixed.

@Arcania After you decide who will accompany you to the city, I picked Lt. Serenity and everyone else goes their separate ways, however this comes on the page after they leave.

Lieutenant Serenity: “Where to then?” Sage Rolo: “The life of a commoner is really an interesting one. Where shall we start?” Emissary Whisper: “Looks like this is going to be fun. Speaking of which, where will our entertainment begin?”

I’m assuming that the only dialogue that should appear here is the person you wanted to accompany you, if not, it seems out of place.

@Karnacjr Thank you very much for that, found where I went wrong, all fixed now :slight_smile:

Whisper was just worried about you and followed. ;}

Haha that’s our Whisper for ya. Speaking of which…I’ve really gotta get her started on her job description soon…

There was one thing that have been troubling me lately. Please tell me. What do you think about be able to build a shipyard on the Player Keep?

You know. Build a Fleet. Transport troops. Raise revenue with shore profit?

1 Like

I think that is a very good idea. It could add another element, like building a merchant fleet.

@Nahim Hmm…the Royal Marine Corps a lovely ring to it.

I’ve been tossing the idea around, especially seeing the MCs city is situated near a body of water. Could cut down travel time (Depending on location)…used for all kinds of surprises…always nice to be able to conqour through the seas. Aid in reinforcement…shore profits.

I think I’ve come to a decision then.

By the waterfront, the docks/ports.

@NoGo that’s a good way of seeing it. Seize the world through building a trade empire, build a fleet to take the seas and conqour the lands, or simply through discovery and explorations. That would be an interesting element to add to the game.

Yes I think I will see about adding that. Gonna have to add more stats to keep track of the ships and such, but not a bad idea. :smile:

Beware the pirates dear nobles, beware

When Serenity and Whisper talk about going to the new steam room, I responded with “I wouldn’t mind tagging along”. They responded with “We could have a big girls night out!” I’m a sir though so it wouldn’t be a girls night out, should their response be different?

That it should. I’ll get on that right away. Sigh Why does that scene have so many issues.

Edit: There that should do it :slight_smile:

Oi that’s been fixed. I should really clean up those stats.

I like how you have remade everything and reshaped the story it seems to be going great so far. I won’t ask but when you do put up a update let us know so that way we don’t think it’s the same exact game over and over.

@adamthecowdog Thank you, although I’m a bit confused there. The game was completely remade…but that was a few days after this thread went up…about a month ago.

As for when the game is updated. I always announce when its been updated in bold letters along with what’s in the update package. Unless you’re meaning the intro page (the first page). Experimenting a little with that, might look like it’s describing an entirely different game, but it’s all telling the same thing, just in different ways. Apologies for the misunderstanding/misleading there.

I got the same thing that faewkless did.

A misspelling on my part, got it.

Notification: Lieutenant Serenity Valeria is being given a promotion. Moving up a station more befitting her position. Her new title as she will be referred to is, Guard Captain Valeria. As it will show up when she speaks, Captain Serenity.

If you notice lieutenant anywhere, it’s been overlooked and needs changing. Do let me know if that’s the case.

2 Likes

As you first meet Whisper,Lieutenant Serenity: “Identify yourself or prepare for a reunion with The Creator.”
, right after that in a dialogue choice, “Serenity, as my lieutenant and one whose security is their concern, what do you think?”. And again, Lieutenant Serenity: "In any case you’re now a part of house Reinhardt. Bound to it in all sense of the word. Advise him well as his emissary. Fail and it’s your head I’ll have. Right after you finish the conversation with Rolo " Lieutenant Serenity swirls around. The long zing of her blade leaving its scabbard fills the room.
Sage Rolo: “You arrived at the keep with your own personal 2,000 crowns. You inherited 10,000 more crowns once you took your position as head of this house. It should have already been allotted to your Avor.” Shouldn’t 2,000 be 4,000

@NoGo Thank you,
All Lieutenant’s found. Hmm a total of 14,000 Crowns. More than enough for wealthy living…that is if you don’t want to go in dept and borrow…I think I’ll lower the original to 2,000 although that was a mistake Rolo had made on his part. Some financial adviser…

Note: Several adjustments have gone into the “Budgeting” scene, If numbers aren’t adding up let me know, and if there seems to either be too much crowns or too little also let me know. Remember as time passes cost will only rise as well, especially when it comes to upgrading above the original tier.

Also trying to decide weather it would be easier to keep track of and balance things if the dept stat existed or simply crowns went into the negatives instead if the MC was in dept. Let me know your thoughts, else I’ll discuss over pm with others, random selection :smile:

Tip: I don’t recommend going into dept more than 1-5k crowns. If any at all just yet. Rates really do rise quickly :slight_smile: Come to think of it, not exactly a spoiler…ah well.