The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

Oops! My fault her name is Serenity Valeria. Sorry! i misplace her as another character.

So, if i was you leave the relationship to another day. In his book “The Journey of the Writer” from Joseph Vogler, he presented the romantic interaction as a conflict or a quest itself. There are the tesion between the Character and their love interest, and there are the cicles of conquesting confidence, manage egos(jealous, shyness, stubborn) and facing shadows and antagonists. (It is, of course whem the antagonist does HAVE a crunch in the main character or the main character loves someone that hate him for veiled circunstances).

So, the best way to work that out is ignore the Relationship by the first months of development and focus only in the characters personality/cenario development. AND IF someone ask if this guy or that girl is a romace option, you consider create a module or schene in choicescript solely based on their personalities and the public feedback.

I agree with you. The game dinamics is the true priority at the moment. And i must say I love the “Achievement button”. Very clever again! That gives to the player a noction of what kind of game you are developing. That is very aproachable!

Whew would hate to have had to go through all the files to fix the names =p

That’s not a bad idea. Give hints to relationships here and there, but altogether set aside relationships. That’ll save me alot of stress and complications. One cannot simply rush a relationship afterall it must happen naturally. Getting to know the person and all. I’m considering adding a calendar and time system…

Thank you very much :slight_smile: It works as a nice reference for me also to know what should come next.

welcome.

The community is already a great way to maturate ideas. Look, i remeber that in some place here at this topic you wrote about a “progression scheme” (construction, military development, research, then freetime, random event followed by a storyline event). And that is, sir, a great way to perform this kind of game!

Did you remenber that i said i used to draw graphics?

Well, one of these are chronographs where like: You must survive the winter. Every fortnight you people will ${consume} resources

[*set consume ((food_consumation + wood_burned) * population_increment)\ 100)] .

Every turn are equal to one week. so you player’s people will need to survive three months consuming resources six times along 12 turns. This is obvious an example of a Banished-like tun based gameplay.

There is no way a game designer can assemble that kind of mechanics without a decent chronograph. Otherwise you run the risk of loosing youself in your own trigger events and getting stuck in the coding.

1 Like

That’s quite the system you have there, of course you’re right the game would need a decent chronograph in order for such a game system to work, though that’s assuming the game would be structured in such a way. I’m still juggling ideas around, but until I see how the events go (construction, military development, research, freetime, random event, storyline) and are reflected on the player, putting in resources and population, rather than a show that more people have come to populate or leave the city or resources are dimming, I’ll have to leave that on standby.

However I can see just how useful such a system would be. We should discuss this in detail over private.

This seems like a very interesting idea! I will keep an eye on this. Oh, by the way if you need any help (referencing historical and fantasy stuff) you can ask me (I am a huge history nerd).

I tend to drive those with a love for history insane with my curiosity and masses of questions and intrigue =p, I’ll be sure to take you up on your offer :grin:

Appreciate the support on the game.

If you ever need help fleshing out a character i’d be happy to help.

This is quite good! Well done so far!

@vampierkid222 Thank you very much I’ll be sure to let you know if that’s needed.

@APersonOnAComp thank you, if the prologue/intro can be so good, hopefully the train can keep running for the rest of the game.

Ah the piecing together of royalty…

1 Like

This looks like a really good story. I know at times can be stressful if it comes out looking really good. I know some books people crave a sequel. I know there’s a fourth book in Hero Rise. Just know your work will be deeply appreciated.

PM me any time if you have questions and I will get back to you as soon as possible. :grinning:

@Joshua_Devon Much appreciated :slight_smile: I look forward to seeing that comes to fruitation. Till then I have much thinking and revising to do. :smile:

@Coold00d12 Much obliged, I’ll be sure to do that. In fact I did have something…but then I lost it. It was important so I’m sure it’ll come back up again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Will you be able to have kids and married them off for personal gains and wen will the next update be out??

To answer your question you will eventually be able to have kids and marry them off for personal/political/and no gains. Although you can always simply have a bastard child, or marry someone that already has a child.

I have no way of knowing when an update will be coming, but know that it is being continuously worked on (with exceptional breaks for assassins legacy.)

also apparently against forum rule too ask for update`s

House Doritos… how much mountain dew have you been drinking?
I’m guessing the inquisition is part of your crossover…
I find it weird the assassin didn’t notice whisper…

Going from female to male name causes an error: line 51 no selectable options.
You are the last heir of *house {house}, if you were to die everything would unravel and your lineage would come to an end, taking all your secrets with.

Sorry if I said anything already said I just got around to this.

1 Like

@Dark_Stalker Haha been awhile since I’ve had mountain dew :P, yes the Inquisition is part of the crossover a bit.

If and a big if, the MC is an assassin, that doesn’t automatically make them a well trained one or for that matter having their guard up at every moment, especially while in their own room while entering with their guard captain. And noting whispers chosen place to hide, perhaps it was at an angle, the shadows far too dark/blending in with her clothes, and she may just be someone of well trained patronage. The MC however hasn’t been much of an assassin for long, they’ve been focused on nobility and reclaiming their heritage. Let me know if this answer is still not satisfying, perhaps adjustment scan be made :slight_smile:

Hmm, I’ll look that over asap. Line 51 aye…and if an issue hasn’t been fixed, mention it as much as you please till it is ^_^, but no I don’t believe any of that has been mentioned yet. I’ll be able to get some actual work done.

Lt. Serenity: "I don’t have much to add other than the obvious. We could use her around…or someone with her talents at least. You are the last heir of house {house}

Two house? Is this a typo or an error?

@Sophia IT’s missing a key, causing an error. I’ll get to fixing that also, thanks.

Error Fixed.

@Dark_Stalker Can you screenshot the error? I’m having trouble finding it myself.

When’s the next update?