The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

I like this game and assin’s legacy I can’t wait to see where you go with thes games hopefully you can get them published by the way did you ever get your computer fixed because I know you where having a lot of problems with it and assin’s legacy.

@adamthecowdog Haha thanks, yes I did get it fixed finally. Progress on the games are going slowly, but steadily. don’t wanna rush and crash and burn after all. I should really get the next scene up so I can get back to work on assassin’s legacy.

Although it will 've much better and easier once I get my laptop.

@Arcania Oh… Well… Okay then. I uh… highly recommend giving it at least one watch. Or at least listen to the soundtrack. It’s probably the only Disney movie that doesn’t have at least one song I hate. lol.
But yeah. One of King Triton’s underlings is a crab named Sebastian who he sends to watch over Ariel. So you hear his name said in annoyance by both deep/manly and high/feminine voices. :].

But speaking of Disney… Props to blatantly sneaking in the Mulan lyrics. XD.

Im kinda shocked that you haven’t seen the little mermaid.

Also i’m confused, did you add a scene ? Or did you only fox the overlap

@Monk65 Haha Thank you very much, and I’ll be sure to do that, hopefully I can find the movie somewhere =p (Only disney movie I think I haven’t seen)

@alexxo97 I get that alot…and I only fixed the scene. I did complete the scene, the prologue that is. Getting to the city stuff now.

Update Released

• Bugs Fixed
  • Errors Corrected
  • Stat Page remodeled
  • Stat Page design change in consideration
  • Invasion scene removed and replaced
  • New Scene added
  • Prologue completed

Enjoy and be sure to give me your thoughts and feedback if you so please :slight_smile:

And a word of warning. From this point forth. Everything you say and do will have an affect. Whether now or later.

1 Like

Loving how it’s coming along!! The explanations of things are great and I like the ring idea! And I am glad you kept Rolo’s name :blush:

Firstly, the stats, Charisma, Intrigue and Command, back when I played Game of Thrones Ascent, those were the three main stats,

Second, the opening, although it’s been a long time, I’m pretty sure that’s how Game of Thrones Ascent started when you meet your… officers, first enters the person with your troops, then the man who’ll take care of your knowledge and stuff, and then your personal agent.

@Arcania
Overlap is fixed but if you want to have MC get Intrigue from soldier career then you need to fix this description

It takes more than just a way with a weapon to get up in the world as a
soldier. I married the only offspring of my commander in the military.
The commander showed no favoritism towards me and I was worked to the
bone day and night. When my lover died, the commander pushed me even
harder until the exhaustion nearly killed me. When at last I broke, the
commander saw that I was rewarded for my efforts and put in a more
comfortable position as a noble. (Benefits: Command +2 & Intrigue +1)

Doesnt sound logic he would try to get what he wanted from commander.
so if you want to have intrigue in soldier you need to fix This Career description.

@Jaxx haha hardly noticed, it was just the order that seemed most logical and the advisers that were suggested and I agreed with. Although from what I’ve heard of gota their adviser setup is quite different. I can see the idea behind the stats, although mines aren’t completely set, still several ways to go about getting a job done, I’m at least glad my stats were not taken from gota =p But if you do notice any similarities other then the genre …and general things they would share…let me know, I’ll be sure to make changes to differentiate.

@CaesarCzech Hmm…you do have a point there. But I’ll have to think on a proper redo for that one. Although having your commander who could be nobility. Their practically in your pocket once you married their child. Your future is near set with inheritance. Of course you most likely wouldn’t simply be allowed to leave the military with a snap of future. Being incapable or seen as a broken soldier from a breakdown…that’s a quick way to get out. And now the rewards of your years of hard work pays off.

I need to add an unseen expansion stat…

@kanani40 looks like my post didn’t go through. Thank you very much ^^ I wasn’t sure how well the explanation style and ring idea would do. Glad it pleased someone ^^ I’ll be sure to see about keeping things entertaining in the coming days of nobility.

Getting an error

Invalid indent line 57

@cascat07 Can you tell me when this happened?

Nevermind > quicktest is a lifesaver :slight_smile:

All fixed.

I opened it today and got this message:
Startup line 6: illegal mixing of spaces and tabs; this line has a space, but there were tabs on line 5

@Monk65 Ah errors are all fixed. Tricky little codes getting overlooked >.>

Man I’m terrible, I didn’t know you had another game in the works Arc.

@Inepted12 Haha no worries, sometimes even I forget I’m working on multiple games at once :stuck_out_tongue:

that’s never a good sign there that eve you forget that but it does show your working hard just don’t work to hard.
at least you will not have any issues with burning out on one topic like ive seen with some writers. with 2 or more your muse should birth aplenty a wondrous ideas.

be happy and dont compromise your ideals most importantly have fun writing.

1 Like

This story has pretty GREAT potential.

You cold put a “*hide_reuse” in the part that you MC ask his/her advisers about Whisper, you know, to add more verosimilance to the dialog tree. Also, it will be a great relieve you add an cosmetically placeholder explanation to what happened to you castle (Village? province?) after you invest in the topics of the counsel.

By the way, an administrative aspect of being an lord could be inadvertently fun to play in this game. Not only expand and ministration of orders to your servants but also judging his petty causes in your country court. resolve family dilemmas (In order to be the lord you must guarantee an heir), skirmish between your knights, peasants and barons and even problems with the local economy. (The bank also must be important in these affairs)

what do you think?

@Drakeye Haha probably not, the games just seem to become one big story sometimes I forget one is the other. True, keeping active that way does tend to keep things spicy, as long as one doesn’t do too much at once. I’ll be sure not to, and do enjoy that of course :man_with_gua_pi_mao:

@Nahim Thank you very much :smile: I’ll be sure to push that code in o.o, shame I missed that.

I’ve actually been tossing the idea around of just how much or what the MC (is) rules over. I guess you can consider it a…village. A castle and its surrounding lands (includes the village within its walls). Although it’ll probably be referred to as a city throughout the game.

Yea its about time for the MC to start relaxing in the game and enjoy the fun in the city. But first thins first and thatsa bit more administration. Coming up with the dilemmas is making me come up short handed sadly :disappointed:. I like the idea of that. We should speak more in detail of your thoughts on that later. I see a grand idea budding. :smile:

Welcome buddy!

So make sure you hold theses ideas. Both of you and from the community in an separated notepad, so you can focus in you main storyline and do not ron in the risk of an Development Hell.

My experience in software projecting shows me that, the less creative you manager is, more likely you team will deliver the app in time.

It’s because creative people always lose himself in their own creativity. That’s bad for the development of an game. In fact the very first thing i do when sketching a project is define cleary from the begin What is the possible ends and why. So this way is hard to loose the track.
I also draw a lot of graphics but its pure brainstorm, and you do not need that.

But, talking again of your project.

The first impression that i had from the things Silvanna told me is that your lineage is in peril and the land where’d you live is abolt to sufer some kind of political turmoil. Probably there are some other forces working.

The idea of adding advisers was clever. No one likes micromanage every little poop on their own lands. Also is important to put in some part of you story an “intermission chapter”. Were the main character can interact with the world you create.

My personal contribution for your development is something like:

1 Walk around the castle and perceiving the enviroment change caused by your actions (Investing in military cause you men to wear better capes and armor and decorate you keep with pretty banners made by his wifes, education makes an school raise inside your walls and change the way peasants work and think towards you… etc.). Talk to the people. or mistreat then. make an discourse or hunt a fox in the wood with your guard. (If you is animal friendly, hunt down an prisioner from the dungeons stead. :smiley: )

2 Visiting your advisers quarters. Unlocks dialogue trees. you can use temp variables to modify the dialogues by the time, and even add an funny minigame, like an seduction/mistrate development. Or even a true relacionship development(but that is a bit tryck to code).

3 Explore you domain! Ride off to the ruins, negociate the next harvest at the markets (and charge an interest on it). colect “protection fee” fron lesser lords (beware to not piss of the wrong ones), or befriend tehn. chase bandits in the woods or ask them for a drink (and ask the to work along whit whisper as you smuglers/saboteurs)! have fun in mini events that does not have connection whit the main plot, but also can be inserted or removed from your “*scene_list” not affecting your development.

4 Last, you could add an *rand variable to the climate. imagine the player read a scene that happened in an sunny day, and replaying it on an rainy day!? Not hard to code, neither important to the narractive but it also add some enviroment to the game

That’s it. i hope you like, and hope it helps in patch the holes that you are facing in the main branch story.

@Nahim_Kerman

Ello there and thank you very much. Development Hell is certainly a place I wouldn’t want to go. Sadly I have an incredibly overly creative mindset. It’s a good thing I tend to keep people around to keep it in check and limit it. Always having a end goal or oversight or should I say strategy to get the thing done is key I gotta agree. The tactic to getting it done now can be another thing.

I’m not quite sure I know who Silvanna is unless I accidentally mixed up my files. Sadly I have corrections to make. The lineage in a sense does need to be continue and the land is going to suffer…several turmoils indeed :slight_smile: I’ll try not to get into details.

I gotta say your insight is spot on. Those who were assisting in feedback and contribution and myself had either the same or very similar thought process to go about this. The relationship part I gotta say will probably be the toughest. Then theres the matter of what comes first and what comes next. Balancing the scenes out between fun, relationships, and work can be quite tough. I’ll have to look into your fourth contributed thought alongside you later.

Altogether thank you very much you’ve reinforced my thinking and getting me back on the rails to keeping things running smoothly. Appreciate the insight and input. :smile: