The Rosy Ones (WIP)

In this story your mom’s a demigod right so who is our grandfather or grandmother ?

1 Like

I really enjoyed reading the demo, can’t wait to see where this goes. Best of luck to you😊

2 Likes

Hmm, I don’t think I mentioned anything about the mom being a demigod… but Mystic does mention that she had the aura of a golden (someone who is a god or at least partly god). You’ll learn more about the your character’s family tree as the story develops. :smiley_cat:

Thank you so much! Glad you liked it. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

So what species can the MC be

Angel, demon, fae, elf, siren, or mermaid. I’m still working out the details though and the reveal won’t be early in the book, so these still have a chance of being changed.

5 Likes

Those really sound like amazing choices. I do wonder if the gods will react differently if the mc is a demon.

3 Likes

Greaat

1 Like

Hmmm… I kinda imagine my mc being either an angel or demon considering my moods tend to make me feel one extreme or the other.

2 Likes

Sounds excellent!

3 Likes

If these are the choices does the mc get a different form they can change into?

1 Like

I already have the gods’ thoughts on the mc being an angel, demon, fae, or elf thought out and they’re all reflective of what the gods think of the species and its cultures. siren and mermaid, i’m still trying to figure out.

do you mean like do they get to shift? in this world, each magical creature has two forms: the human form and the magical form. the mc can only shift into their magical form when they’re much better connected to their magical side, so it won’t be anytime soon. but they will have another form. so far, angels and demons will both have wings, fae and elves will both be a little translucent, and sirens and mermaids have tails.

9 Likes

Just read this wip… Very intruiging indeed. So many mysteries surrounding our mother and the world overall. I’m already in love with elijah, one of our angel guards even tho he won’t be a RO :joy:

but after looking at the related tumblr and reading about chai, am excited to learn more about that cocky dragon man :slightly_smiling_face: anyways just a post to say well done author, I look forward to reading more in the future :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you so much! A few people already said they wanted Elijah to be an RO but it doesn’t seem likely at the moment. And Chai proves to be one of the most popular yet again! He’ll be very pleased.

Once again, thank you very much!! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

UPDATE OCT. 18 2020

If you’re following my tumblr account, you probably know I’ve had a pretty busy/stressful few months since my last update. I’ve been trying to write in my free time but I was never satisfied. At the start of the month, however, I started re-writing Chapter 2. This is not the full Chapter 2, but it’s still about 14k words with and without code so it’s… pretty long? I’m having a hard time writing the latter part of this chapter so don’t expect it too soon :pleading_face:

I also still haven’t fully written the stat gains/losses in this chapter, but since I’m not 100% sure with my stats in the game yet, I don’t think it’d be too important. (Relationship gains and losses should work, though, and be accurate.) As usual, I’ll probably edit here and there in the future because nothing I write is ever perfect and I’ll rethink stuff for sure.

And as usual, tell me if there are errors of any kind or if you have suggestions! I just had prelims and went to a friend’s birthday and am still stressed from other personal stuff so I will mooooost probably see some mistakes tomorrow when I check, but I’ll greatly appreciate it if you guys can tell me if you come across some.

Happy reading, hope you like it, and have a nice week ahead!

36 Likes

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to reading :eyes:

Re: you being stuck on the latter part of the chapter… I write (but don’t code so I don’t write on here), and a friend of mine who also writes recommended writing “backwards” if you get stuck. Basically if you know how you want the chapter to end, start there and work backwards.

I haven’t tried it yet but a couple of people co-signed that recommendation so it could be worth a try if you stay stuck?

3 Likes

I really liked the game. Thank you for the update. Waiting for the next update.

1 Like

It says there’s a bad slot when i tried to save. Loved the story. It’s so interesting!

1 Like

Thank you!!!

And thank you for the tip but I already write non chronologically and I’m most sure of how I want this chapter to end, the last few scenes are already written. It’s how I’m going from where I left off to that that’s driving me insane. And I agree, knowing the end usually works! Or, y’know, skipping scenes and writing what you’re most familiar with in the meantime.

Thank you so much! Hoping for more fruitful writing scheds in the future. I really want to finish this book.

Oh, my bad. Someone on tumblr sent me a screenshot and I know what the problem is already. Unfortunately, I’m about to sleep and won’t be able to fix it until much later. Sorry about that! And thank you for mentioning!

4 Likes