Closed

permanently closed

159 Likes

Found this when I chose right

1 Like

I read Lord valor as Lord Vader lol :grin:.

10 Likes

From what’s written so far, I’m looking forward to more of your writing! :smiley:

After the name selection, it reads “Your name is ____, one of the last things you stil have from your parents.” I think “stil” is supposed to be “still”?

Code stuff for the direction choices:

The Right choice error that was posted can be solved by either using things like *goto and *label or else putting this in your variable creation section of your startup file to use Implicit Control Flow:

*create implicit_control_flow true

Which makes choices and other statements much easier and efficient! :smile:

I chose straight and selected “Play again”, but it throws an error:

Given what the message and the page says, I’m not sure if this is in your files or else something else in the background? This one is a little out of my scope as an also newbie ChoiceScript coder sorry :worried:

Also when I choose left and click “Next Chapter” after the Emma line, I think it’s getting stuck in an infinite loop. Looking at your code, I think this might be because that choice has a *finish in it, and is trying to go to the next file (“variables” in this case), but if you haven’t uploaded that, then it has nothing to go to. If that’s the case, if you remove the *finish and either use implicit flow control or *goto the ending instead, that should fix that.

I hope that helps! :blush:

2 Likes

@TylertheTiger02 at this time there just isn’t anymore code.
@parkerlyn fantastic tip with the implicit control! I will add that tonight. I need to switch *ending for *finish for all three options, thats all I have written right now. I hoped to have the full prolouge up last night, but after spending literally 6 hours and figuring out how to let you choose your name, I was done :joy:
@Fardil_Husain Hahaha noooo he’s the good guy!

3 Likes

Hi ! I think I found a mistake. Such an error occurs after we choose our gender as a man.

1 Like

@ResulEkremKaya Thanks! I was missing one letter :pensive: should be good now!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. The same problem continues.

1 Like

@ResulEkremKaya I played with the code some more. I believe now it should work.

2 Likes

Thank you for your interest. It works flawlessly right now.

1 Like

Something to take notes, when you meet your friend she say that your father sent her to get you and she just leave, then when Lord Valor ask you name and you stutter he just doesn’t care anymore, for a beloved and kind lord thats doesn’t seem like something to do.

1 Like

@ResulEkremKaya

I’m glad it works now!

@AstinFamily Yeah, I know its still a little raw. I just needed to get something down on paper, but I will of course go back and flesh out the characters and makes some choices/scenes less clunky.

2 Likes

Oh, not a problem it’s just when you write sometime you could forget about old stuff because of a mind full of idea

2 Likes

The stat screen is really good can’t wait to play.

2 Likes

@Nosteponsnek Thanks! I hope to make stat development an important part of the game, so I’m glad you like it so far!

4 Likes

Major update out tonight (see update log for details). If anyone would mind looking at my code and telling my why my *goto_scene death is not working, i’d be much obliged. Have fun!

Minor typo. It should be enemy instead of nemy.

So far its intriguing. Sorry about the code though, cant help you there.

2 Likes

Typo is fixed. Thank you!

2 Likes

Capture
This line feels a bit off. “My best friend Virginia” should suffice imo.

s
Another typo. Phoenix instead of Pheonix.
That’s all I was able to find.

3 Likes

Haha for the first part I was doing Ctrl+c and Ctrl+V all over the place. Missed a spot on cleanup :joy:
Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like