The Quicktest keep failing to pass this particular part, but Randomtest and readers can pass through just fine?

Hi! So, I’m having trouble with the Quicktest. It keeps failing on this particular line of coding (I have also copy pasted the coding in the post so the code formatting will be clearer):

The thing is, the Randomtest has no problem passing through it. I have tried playing through the part and choosing the problematic option, but it works well just as intended and I pass through with no problems or error message. No readers have also complained about getting coding errors there. I don’t understand why only Quicktest seems to be having a problem with this particular part of the coding.

I think the error message said that I have to put *goto or *finish and I already have *goto in the coding, so I don’t know what it’s asking me to do. Please, help :sob:

The error I’m getting is:
QUICKTEST FAILED
Error: Prologue line 327: It is illegal to fall out of a *choice statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.

My code looks like this:

*else
	Viktor $!{vlname}. Is that your father's full name?
	*choice
		#Yes.
			*if (gender != "female")
				*set lname "$!{vlname}"
				*set vlname "$!{vlname}"
				*goto teleport
			*if (gender = "female")
				*set vlname "$!{vlname}"
				*goto feminine_surname
		#No. I must've misheard the voice.
			*goto input_vlname

You can Ignore it, Quicktest tends to throw errors which are non issues sometimes since it doesn’t actually “play” through the game.

Try to replace *if (gender = “female”) to *else in the first choice option. Or add some text and *goto for this option which is not locked beyond *if. For some reason both *choice and *fake_choice produce this error during the quicktest if their text is fully locked behind ifs. Even if the second *if logically replaces *else, the quicktest takes them as two completely unrelated requirements and gives a warning about incorrect use.

3 Likes

Quicktest isn’t super smart. When you say “if it’s this, do x” and “if it’s not this, do y”, it doesn’t correlate those two ideas unless you explicitly tell it to. Even if there literally is no other option, it will treat it as though there is a possibility for neither of those to actually go through. Quicktest asks itself “What if it’s not this, but it’s also not not this?”

You can force it to use basic logic by making use of *else statements.

*else
	Viktor $!{vlname}. Is that your father's full name?
	*choice
		#Yes.
			*if (gender != "female")
				*set lname "$!{vlname}"
				*set vlname "$!{vlname}"
				*goto teleport
			*else
				*set vlname "$!{vlname}"
				*goto feminine_surname
		#No. I must've misheard the voice.
			*goto input_vlname
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.