One Thousand Blooms — (ON HIATUS)

All right, the next update is, hopefully, ready for next week. Should something horrible happen to me, then it will be the following one, but I want it to be out before February ends. Also, the rating of the game is between 12+ and 16+; you’re all warned.

Things that you are going to see/play:

• Start shaping your MC’s temperament with a lot fo different traits (variables) such as: courageous, brash, compliant, cold, and a wiiiiide etc. Note: if you follow certain coherence along the story, you will get perks and downsides, too.
  • How much Daddy’s and Mother’s dearest despise hate love each other.
  • Bits and pieces of Daddy and Mother dearest personalities.
  • Name and designated sex at birth, which is not the same as gender; since the story starts with a very young MC, I’ll try to make it as organic as possible if they are not a cis male/female, from transgender binary to non binary. It’s important to note that even if you MC doesn’t seem to think themselves as anything else than cis in their early years, it doesn’t block the possibility to identify as something else than cis as they grow. If I don’t explain myself clearly, well, you’ll see in the game.
  • Some childhood scenes.
  • Missing childhood scenes that I’ll add later.
  • (Hopefully) Cherry’s (:cherries:) birthday party.
  • Plenty of more things that I’m sure I’m forgetting.

Also… I thought of something. Asides from the prologue and part of chapter 1, would you guys want a sneak peek on some of the romance scenes? Or any scenes at all, since you’re going to spend a lot of time with both Maetthere and Rhona?

29 Likes

I hope there is a scheming seductress liar because that’s Maras

Yes, please, if nothing else it’ll tide me over until the development is far enough along that our mc’s are out of childhood.

4 Likes

Now I’m getting grabby hands. Yes, please! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I hate both assholes so for me see a romance stuff with spoiled brats is annoying. Except include poison hidden in beverage…

Awww…I actually kind of liked Maetthere as a guy, way back in the old demo/contest entry. His bratty and spoiled sister, not so much.

1 Like

cant get to the game, I’m blocked from it :cry:

I don’t think anyone can, given it still uses the old dropbox links and Lycoris hasn’t updated it yet. But fear not, we will have something soon. :slight_smile:

@poison_mara
Mara, teach me your ways! How can I play evil, scheming, back-stabbing characters without feeling like an absolute vilainess? My goody shoes personality always gets in the way. :’(

1 Like

First You have to create your character and why is this way or not and trying to understand him her they. Then all their actions are acting. exactly like an actor you are in role. So is no way you feel bad because is the character not you who does that actions. The characters views are not yours.

My character has been treated like poo all her life and her mother is a stupid bitch who killed her daddy and is wasting her heirloom.

And Matt and the bitch. CAN’T stop saying how more rich and Matt directly try to buy me like a sex slave even when I say him GO FUCK YOURSELF I DON’T WANT YOU…

SO YEAH MARA IS ANGRY AND GOING TO DO ALL NEED TO TEAR HER MOM AND MATT IN PIECES and restore her family

1 Like

Link doesn’t work for me :frowning:

Author hasn’t updated it yet.

…I’m going to get angry. I don’t want to, but I’m going to get seriously mad; I KNOW the link doesn’t work, and it has been a long time, but I can’t believe the amount of post that ask/tell the same; I KNOW you can’t play the game, and that you’re not going to read over 250+ post to find out if anyone else questioned why it doesn’t work, but I’m getting considerably annoyed. If post 247 says that the link doesn’t work, and gets answered (explaining the reasons), why do I get another one, three posts later, asking the very same thing?

Don’t take it personal, but I’m tired of it, even more when I’m telling you that I’ll update with the prologue and part of chapter 1 next week here.

And this is not only for @Gapaot or @moonwalkerdragon, I don’t mean only you, but there’s a good chunk of comments wondering the same things over and over (i.e; why the game ends here, where’s the game, etc.) so it’s only natural it gets on my nerves.

Now, if you excuse me, I hope no one asks again the same. If I come out as rude, I’m sorry, but I’m incredibly disgruntled by this.

12 Likes

Geez, sorry. Didn’t know but then again: I forget my own birthday :laughing: (seriously, it’s an issue)

Usually, link is always working. If you don’t have a story, don’t post a link. If it’s not updated, link usually leads to old version. Or there’s note in fist post, explaining that link won’t work because of reasons.

Yours has neither. Maybe you should’ve done something to remove confusion, instead of complaining. It’s clear that default user behavior is click link you’ve provided (done), check first post about why it’s not working (done) and decide that reading 200+ posts is way more troublesome than post about broken link(done!)

And yes, people mostly read first post only. And bold text.

Aaand it clearly says “your can play”

…And if you read the title, it says that the update was months ago; thing is, I cannot edit the post, I need a moderator. Plus, anyone who has been here knows that dropbox links don’t work anymore (there has been plenty of trouble in other threads because of it) that’s why most use Dashingdon.

Did you read my previous comment? I’m mostly annoyed because someone 3 post before yours said the same, then someone else, 2 post before yours, answered. But if you only read the bold letters of the first post, then I cannot do a thing.

I know that internet arguments can go forever, so I’ll leave it here. Get angry too and don’t ever play the game if you want to, that’s not my problem.

5 Likes

I edited the title - this should help. I’ll be waiting as usual if you need my help.

3 Likes

Thanks @Eiwynn, you’re a sweetheart :hugging:

5 Likes

@Gapaot
“Oh look, that person I don’t know is acting all angry. I bet they’re jerks!” There you have it folks - apparently, you’re not allowed to vent your (rightful) frustrations without being labeled as rude and accused of having anger issues. Hats off to you sir, you must be Sherlock Holmes to have such amazing deduction powers just from a single encounter! /sarcasm

You would be angry too if people constantly pestered with you the same issue over and over again. Rather than getting defensive about it just accept it and move on. For future reference Dropbox links don’t work anymore. In any thread.

10 Likes

I definitely defend your response to people. Bold letters included. @Gapaot An author has explained repeatedly THERE IS NO LINK READY THERE IS NO LINK THERE IS NO LINK…And then people still pressing and pressing. Today Lyc has very happy expresses Soon the new link would be fine…WHAT IS FIRST SHE READ WHERE IS LINK LINK DOESN’T WORK. SO YEAH NORMAL Author get mad is like people were trolling

6 Likes

“Oh look, that person I’ve probably seen once in my life criticized something, better whip some sarcastic resort to make me look wicked smaht”

There you have it, folks. Apparently, you’re not allowed to have non-positive views on author. Or you might just get sarcasm’d! Hat’s to you sir, you should have your own stand-up show.

You would be annoyed too if you’ve got author exploding at simple , valid comment about broken link. Rather than getting sassy about it just accept it and move on.