One Thousand Blooms — (ON HIATUS)

I am so glad you put the demo back up or else I would have missed this treasure! Honestly, this has to be one of my favorite WIPs out on this website. I’m really interested in seeing what you come up with next and the changes you make to the demo.

Also, like @Terriermon50 said, is that where the demo is supposed to end? Because I had the same thing happen to me. It’s cool if it is I was just surprised by the bug.

4 Likes

I just played this game, and I really enjoy it. I’m glad you put the link back up, or I would never have had the chance to play it.

I love games about intrigue!

1 Like

I really liked the romance that built up if you choose such and I was worried that the whole game would consist of heartbreak. So far, I think my MC though heartbroken could not hate the childhood friend who proposed marriage :broken_heart:, but that friend’s father and anyone else that comes between my MC and my MC’s childhood friend are a different matter :imp:. I am looking forward to the happy endings and I hope at least one will include finally marrying the childhood friend that proposed to the MC :heart:. I am glad you decided to continue this game and I think it has too much potential not to continue when you’re ready.

4 Likes

I have encountered many errors while chosing sexual orientation or chosing if I still love Rhona and also when I chose if I’m okay with the marriage with her.

But the game is great I love it :wink:, continue the good work.

1 Like

Love and Hate are simply two sides of the same coin.

3 Likes

@COGZealot True. This is why I included the caveat “so far”. A betrayal coming from the childhood friend that was deliberately intended just to hurt my MC would provoke hatred rivaling Medea save that my MC would never hurt an innocent. I just felt that from what we had seen up till the end, my MC could not hate the childhood friend for the break-up however painful because thus far there is no indication that the childhood friend deliberately tried to make it painful rather than the childhood friend being coerced into it. My MC will save the full measure of wrath for the ones doing the coercing or trying to steal the childhood friend :imp:.

2 Likes

Not sure if this bug has already been reported, but if so just ignore this post: if you say your first crush was a boy or a girl this error message pops up and the game crashes:

For boy.

For girl.

1 Like

“No one is innocent” And the “friend” wasn’t coerced, they just couldn’t stand up for themselves when the time came, regardless of their past antics. If the relationship could be salvaged I would gladly do so, but if not. There will be vengeance.

Nemo me impune lacessit!

2 Likes

…“If I could, I would, If I cannot? They will burn.”

3 Likes

I do agree about that, but that does not mean that coercion did not happen. If I recall correctly, Rhona already was threatened repeatedly with being disowned for other things so the threats getting worse is not infeasible. The pressures on a younger son that was just designated heir could be different, but might still qualify as coercion.

Definitely. The only question for my MC is who deserves to receive it and the childhood friend from my MC’s perspective has not yet done anything to deserve that.

Neat latin quote.

2 Likes

@Terriermon50 yup, buggy as in it’s-so-full-of-bugs-it-almost-sucks :bug: I’m working on it :persevere:

@regent Oh, I’m going to make an overhaul; I’ll let the player groom the MC much more, the years will be longer, and the relationship with the friends will be more meaningful :smile: But since the current demo was something I had to do in less than a month (with school exams and all) it’s quite… rushed to be nice to myself, because I think it’s terrible.

@Victoriya thanks! :wink:

@Norilinde this game runs on heartbreak and pain and drama; my other game out of desperation, gore and murder :innocent: Are you thinking of taking revenge on Cherry? Or Lord Faerwald? :wink: But yes, out of all the endings, marrying the childhood sweetheart is totally possible. Like, it would be a crime to make it not possible, right? :wink:

@bl00dragon yup, buggy buggy, but thanks for the encouragement! :blush:

@COGZealot @Norilinde betrayal is kind of subjective; it’s very rushed, but the circumstances are not exactly “simple” :smirk: Like, yes, maybe he could grow a spine, or maybe he was literally out of options; like, sometimes someone can’t just say “no, I don’t want to”. In this game, things are so simple :smirk: Like, he got poisoned once, but who was the culprit? Who would want to kill the spare?

@Asura thank you! :smile:

8 Likes

I don’t believe i read your story yet so i may take a peek

Thank you! :grin:

If I recall correctly, she was the one that kissed the MC’s betrothed in front of the MC. So it depends on what else she does, but she is on very thin ice and the forecast is not looking good for her.

Definitely, though in the seemingly unlikely event that the childhood friend objects, my MC would probably settle for something non-lethal and possibly along the lines of poetic justice though it would be tailored to be as unpleasant as possible.

Well, I suppose one person with an obvious motive would be the original heir. Which could mean either that the original heir was the culprit or someone merely wanted to make the original heir look like the culprit. Considering what the spare’s betrothed is told at the end, perhaps the original heir would have had cause to feel threatened.

3 Likes

Well, I don’t think it’s terrible at all! :slight_smile: However, I’m excited to see what you do next!

4 Likes

I am one of the terrible judges some of you seem so eager to criticise and talking mean about us. We should be impartial and sincere giving an accurate score. We aren’t a group or Bullies trying to depress writers.
Taking that aside. This wip have AN ENORMOUS POTENTIAL . If wasn’t the fact that the game version we had to judge were so damn buggy the game were up in list. It was one of my favourite plots . So I hope buy sometime the final version.

So I want to cheer you up because I had writer depression before, you have talent. You must keep working that would let you to improve.

10 Likes

So it doesn’t seem to recognize my saying Mattie was my first love. It also has this error.

Also, I think it would be good to have an option to be ecstatic he proposed, if you said he was your first love.

4 Likes

Yup, that’s Cherry! :blush: Redhead, purple dress :dress: Though it was Maetthere, the one who kissed her check, not the opposite :imp: She’s going to be a love rival :smirk:

Lord Faerwald is tough stuff and not my fave, so feel free to think of something nasty for him :smiling_imp:

The story is full of holes, and I’m going to cover them :persevere: But yes, good thinking in who’s the possible author of such thing :wink: Because in the end you won’t be able to trust anyone.

@regent you’re so sweet, thanks! :blush:

@poison_mara hahaha, thanks for dropping by :smile: The competition was crushing for me, alas, c’est la vie! And sometimes it sucks. I know I have a lot of room to be a better writer, but hey, sometimes I look at what I wrote when I was 12 and I’m “Thank goodness I never let anyone read it, it’s terrible!”

@ashestoashes018 thanks for the bugs and the idea :wink:

So… I’m going to update the link now, with a much shorter version, but it’s going to be free of bugs! :bug:

8 Likes

I loved your game plot and idea. But I had to read directly code to end most of plotlines because of bugs in the contest. And the weird gender and sex. Preference issues. But idea wise and plot the game is Mara quality seal. Just time and polishing and this could be A Guenevere level. I maybe miss more hatred but apparently afable and loving choices. My character decided married and then killed her friend who she said as a rapist that ransom her. I would have preferred a opportunity to seduce a old man women from lower chaste but tons of money to marriage. Our character is too passive let everyone “pee” over her ( metaphor guys :wink: ) And mara thoughs would be all anger and vengeful while her words honey and soft like hot toffe syrup over a pancake

5 Likes

Plays the game. See that daddy’s name is datura…

Then remember something special about it :
All species of Datura are poisonous, especially their seeds and flowers.

Is that, intended ?

EDIT: Also did you make the demo shorter to solve the bugs ?

4 Likes

@poison_mara the character is currently 4, so it’s not like they can be a a mastermind, you know. Once they are 5 or so, then yes, I’ll give the player a lot more agency, though I’m still working in it. Making a game ain’t easy, I need tons of time and tweaks :persevere: And are you calling Maetthere a rapist? Poor kid :disappointed_relieved:

@bl00dragon:expressionless:

In the main post I answer that question:

Then, in my last post:

Like, I did say it before :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like