The Price of Freedom: Innocence Lost (Complete)

historical-fiction
adult-fiction
gender-choice

A game that I really enjoyed in a while here. When is the next installment coming? Will there be romance options?

Yes, they’ve been mentioned further up the thread.

If the game is hosted on Dashingdon, you can ask Dashingdon about how to implement a save system. I’m not at a computer right now, otherwise I would tell you how myself.

Not sure when the next installment is coming, games of this kind of length can be hard to put an estimate on. And yes, there will be romance options. :blush:

That’s true. I’ll ask around and see if I can find out how. I’ve seen so many games using a save system, but never seen anything that explains how to implement them. :yum:

It’s coming in 2XXX that’s the safe bet

Now that I’m on a computer and can help easier…

Putting a save system in is pretty easy. What you want to do is put a command in the startup file, after all of the *create commands, but before any lines of actual text. The command is:

*sm_init (insert game name here) | 3

Oh wow, I’ve never seen that before! Thanks, @ExcaliburV! :grin:

No problem! I had to ask around to find out about it too, so I’m glad I could spare you that. :grin:

As a note, if you try to test the game using firefox or something along those lines, that line will cause the game to break; it only works in Dashingdon, as far as I know. So if you need to go in for bugfixes or edits and test it in a browser, you’ll want to remove that command.

Oh, okay! Was just about to reply saying that it doesn’t work, but I guess that’s why. :yum:

Edit: Actually, it still doesn’t seem to work. I mean, the game works on dashingdon, but there isn’t a save system. :persevere:

What of children? Will they be possible?

I actually haven’t decided yet. :blush:

Yeah, that might be a mistake on my part. Out of curiosity… Did you actually include the parenthesis? Because you aren’t supposed to do that. I just put those there to indicate that’s where the game name goes…

Bad thing to do on my part.

Gladiators were occasionally bought for nights of pleasure.

Well that’s going to be uncomfortable if a guy buys my lesbian gladiator for one of those nights.

Oh. Yes, yes I did. :yum:

Edit: Got rid of the parenthesis, but it still doesn’t work. :persevere:

True, but I still haven’t decided what to do about children. :yum:

Ah, I have one more thing to tell you that might make it work. Sorry it slipped my mind in the first place.

If you go to the Edit Game Details section of your game on Dashingdon, there should be a checkbox that says “Check to use smPlugginMenuAddon save pluggin by CJW”. It’s on the right side of the screen. Make sure that box is checked for it to work.

Looking forward to the game either way!

YEY! It’s working!!! :grin: