The Porthecrawl Witness - Entering Beta

I adore your worldbuilding! <3 Very refreshing being an insider for once. For me, I find it easier to be immersed when you’re already apart of the community and the more I read, the more enjoyable your world became. I’m very curious about Asher and I’m looking forward to future updates. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks so much! World building is super important here, so I’m glad to hear that it’s coming across well!

5 Likes

Had a Eureka moment in the 3 mins since venting my frustrations. Mainly in that I realized I was looking at outdated info :exploding_head: mind blown

Managed to resolve (uh, maybe) the *image issue. So hopefully, snazzy chapter headings will be incoming.

I may do a poll of a couple different designs! You know, if this works out and I don’t inadvertently set the whole project on fire. I just hope everyone likes fancy “Chapter X” as much as I do.

19 Likes

Since I’m home ALL the time now, I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop and made some fancy aesthetic things. I’ve really enjoyed fleshing out this MC.

Templates

https://coolgirlofrp.tumblr.com/post/150691013277/character-psds-002-003-a-study-in-character-so#tab5

5 Likes

This seems really interesting so far! Story is definitely unique and intriguing, so I’ll have to keep an eye out on it. I do have a few notes though. In C5 I experienced two crashes, both in the path where you sleep in and grab a late breakfast with Annabelle, and the one where you walk with Quinn. Some of the conversation topics seems to do it. And also, I wish there was a save function implemented, but that’s a minor thing in comparison to the crashes, hehe

1 Like

Oh! I really like that mood board thing!

1 Like

Thank you! I was immediately arrested by the template when I saw one done for someone’s Sidestep (Fallen Hero: Rebirth), so I had to recreate it for Madeleine.

2 Likes

I love these!

I was writing a scene recently and your OC kept running across my mind, funnily enough. I get really excited when people share things like this!

3 Likes

Thanks for reading it!

I’ll get the final evolution of the demo updated at some point, as it’s changed a good bit. Or at least what feels to me like a good bit. The new version shouldn’t be crashing everywhere.

I’ve also got a “save” function (checkpoint? a save-ish thing) implemented in my working version of the game, so you’ll be able to replay certain chapters before moving on. But yeah…hopefully without any game-breaking crashes

3 Likes

Chapter Header Poll!

As mentioned in a previous post, I’ve created some potential chapter headers. I’ve included both day/night mode variations.

Option One - The Basics:

Option Two - Wrought Iron

Option Three - Trees

Option Four - Lamp

These are rough versions just to get an idea. Final versions will be improved.

Vote below for your preference. I’ll take the highest two and then do a FINAL vote between those.

So…Round One of voting:

• Basics
  • Wrought Iron
  • Tree
  • Lamp

0 voters

Thanks everyone! Hope you’re all doing well in the current mess.

10 Likes

Urgh, how one is supposed to choose when they ALL look so Good???

I would, personally…my taste…the one…you call Wrought iron? I would use for the epilogue. It seem fitting, like an old rusty gate about to close, on that big house…

So that leave the rest. I Take the Trees. Cose, they remind me of both trees from Pillar of eternity and the Witcher 3…

Ya know…these?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QmlRrB3LXW4/maxresdefault.jpg

So its morbide…but it fit the ambiance…

forgot the lamp…

The lamp is nice. Homewhever, if that lamp could blink, or fade out like a candle…just imagine! It would be so atmospheric!

Funny enough, since it doesnt do that. I would replace it with a crow instead. Perched up…

I clapped my hands like a little girl when I read this. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Do you have a discord?

I…love it. God I can’t wait for this to be a full release.

All the characters are intriguing, as well as the story that’s hinted in the few chapters we’ve gotten.

Well done.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Opened at author’s request.

Back from the grave, everyone! :partying_face:

A big thank you to the moderator, Eiwynne, for re-opening this topic! I’m very excited to be back.

The demo has received a much needed face-lift. You can find it here (in addition to a newly added Chapter 6).

Play the Demo

Progress on the story hasn’t slowed down while I was away. It’s been very steady. I’ve another route to finish, then the fine-tuning before edits.

The link to my development blog has changed, but now that the topic is re-opened, I’ll continue to update here as well!

Best wishes to you all! And thank you for sticking with me :slight_smile:

Development Blog

57 Likes

welcome back! :hugs:

Hum…are you tweaking or updating or something? Cose the game is loading forever for meh…

Update: Okay, so the game seem to just hang and forever load at chapter 4 - when you give Quinn your phone number . So the below line (the last one is : In Old Porthecrawl…)

2 Likes

Thanks! I missed interacting with everyone

I think I found the issue! It should be fixed. Maybe? I hope.

2 Likes

I’ll give it another run. Going directly to chapter 4 work no problem. But it start loading forever if you go there from chapter 1…naturally .

Update: it work fine…sorry…I was engrossed in tha story :sweat_smile:

Update 2: Okay, got an error : demoasherintrotradition line 244: increasing indent not allowed, expected 15 was 16

(Hum…I spoke to asher descendant, so I mentioned them to him and during the 3 choices, I picked ‘‘They probably wouldn’t want to claim you either’’ …yeah I’m ass to him on purpose lol)

1 Like