The People's House (WIP) (UPDATED: 2/19/24) - Presidential Sim

Damn,time really flies when you’re having fun
All i gotta say is congratulations for making this masterpiece man, I’ve seen so many great and ambitious political intrigue stories vanished through thin air because of stress, life’s problems etc etc,but yet here we are a year later and you’re still going strong with that massive 200K words and I’m glad I’ve been here since day one…to many successful days ahead :beers:

12 Likes

After around the discussion regarding the Progressive caucus’s bill for education, the scene cuts to Moderate Republican Caucus talking about moderate unemployment bill, instead of something relating to education.

4 Likes

Is that why Republicans are supporting child labor? Is it a bug in the system?

1 Like

Can you please post screenshots?

1 Like

Question: Is suposed to not load the next chapter after the speech ‘State of the Union’? Most WIP put the classic ‘play again’ menu, so just want to confirm.

1 Like

The public demo is current to Chapter 2.

@Iukan Chapter 2 has the PC trying to get Congress to pass a bill and ends with “Address to a Joint Session of Congress”.

3 Likes

Where the 2 chapter start? I just remember the ‘Next Chapter’ buton after the ‘State of the Union’ speech

I’m talking about this page

1 Like

Chapter 2 has the title a House divide or something.

The first chapter is about you setting up your cabinet and goals and issuing executive orders.

2 Likes

I read old thread comments and even though the subject has died, I would like to give my opinion on the issue of creating a party, honestly I think it’s a terrible idea.

Being able to become a Maverick president is already making the protagonist the greatest recent statist in the history of US. For there to be another party with the strength to win the presidency in like, least then 10 years? The biggest American crisis in history would be necessary for a sudden change, the protagonist would have to have 200% charisma, the second American civil war would have to happen. The Soviet Union need to come back and the second black friday happen on the same time.

Maybe in a future game similar to another country, maybe in a fictional world like Suzerain to not have any problems and throw the limits of reality down the drain.

But pigs fly before there’s been another party in America with the strengh to win election this decade if not century.

5 Likes

So, it end there, thank you

2 Likes

There is bound to be some friction between people and media if president approval rating are high and media outlets represents MC as a bad president ( for the most trivial of things like the way he way, eat, stand like the stupidest of thing it can give the player some amount of power as people will be generally more distrusting of the media.

And favourable media outlets who favours a popular president bounty to be more popular and more influencial as people will trust them to give the truth over everything, even if it’s not the case.

1 Like

You could say Trump already managed it…in the worst way possible. To pull off my mc’s maverick mayor run to the presidency I figure you just need some real accomplishments (finally making progress on Portland’s stubborn homeless problem may do it for my mc) a compelling biography, charisma like Obama and of course a bit of luck (in my mc’s case I figure none of the more established Reps were willing to challenge a relatively popular incumbent like Hoffman allowing my mc to quickly wrap up the primaries against the C team). A very rare but far from impossible combination even if that does always make mc one of the great political talents of their generation I am okay with that.

4 Likes

Dunno why, but the game always crashes at this part
ñkñl

1 Like

It’s the end of the demo

3 Likes

Writer’s Diary #28
June 3rd, 2023

Hey all! I am back at last from the camping trip I mentioned in my last writer’s diary (and will be leaving for another trip next week). Still, I wanted to fill you all in on my progress and goals for this month – even with all my planned travel and work starting back up for the summer.

As a bit of an FYI going forward – some of these writer’s diaries may end up having some minor spoilers to them. I’m obviously not going to be detailing anything major, but given the fact that we’re now over 200,000 words into the plot, any updates I give will be giving away some small details about future plot points and characters. So, if you don’t want anything spoiled at all I recommend not reading these updates!

The Updates

• Two new characters are entering the story (with their own unique character pages and profiles) – your charismatic Secretary of Labor, Erin Kline, and another rising star in your party, Nevada Senator Roger Moore.
  • As I mentioned previously, this part of Chapter 4 briefly splits off into two paths: either prioritizing a major party fundraiser or attending a luxury vacation with your family to celebrate you and your spouse’s 20th wedding anniversary
  • I’d estimate that I’m a little over halfway through the luxury vacation branch – both paths will have unique dialogue and scenes with your spouse and larger implications as the story progresses
  • As the pressures of the office set in, you and your spouse will also have a hugely important conversation, regardless of the path that you choose
  • After these two branches conclude with your return to D.C., the focus will shift to the midterm elections and the consequences of them – with your previous decisions in the story playing a role in the outcome of the election

While I don’t have much time to write until the middle of the month (I have orientation for my new job early this week and another vacation planned for the week after), I am hoping to release an update for my Patrons by the end of the month with all of the new updates! While it isn’t a set-in-stone goal of mine, I’d also like to have finished both of these branches by that time as well.

A special thank you as well to all 150+ of you who voted in my last poll, I really appreciate it!

Updated Word Count: 202,500 words

Patreon Link: RFKramer is creating The People’s House | Patreon

27 Likes

4 Likes

why I think this name to be so funny? I fell like every time they appear on a scene I gonna laugh

1 Like

I won’t lie if you were going for immersiveness you did leave out a couple states but you did a good job overall

2 Likes

One of my beta testers pointed out that the state of Missouri is missing, were there any additional ones you noticed? It’s my intention to have all 50 states be implemented!

9 Likes

nah i went back to look it’s just the one

1 Like