The People's House (WIP) (UPDATED: 2/19/24) - Presidential Sim

will the MC have the choice to reform military industrial complex in to a more efficient where resorces are not wasted over a scratch on a computer screen kind of waste. And in what direction will MC take it I mean by setting policies and regulations to support one over the other

6 Likes

Writer’s Diary #26
March 26th, 2023

Hello everyone! I apologize for the delay in posting this update; as some of you may know I had spring break followed by an unfortunately long period of illness that prevented me from getting much done. Nonetheless, I have a lot of great updates to share with you all.

The Updates

• Chapter 4 has almost doubled in size since my last update. Pre-spring break Chapter 4 stood at just under 8,000 words and now it is at just over 15,000 words! Ideally by my next writer’s diary we’ll have passed the 200,000-word milestone for TPH!
  • Chapter 4 so far contains another Cabinet Meeting, the potential to sign/veto two pieces of legislation, several more scenes with the First Family, and (naturally) the largest scandal that the White House has faced yet (with more to come!)
  • I also won’t share too much as to avoid spoiling anything, but this chapter will also have a fairly heavy focus on family/work balance

For Patrons – the demo is now updated including everything that’s written so far. I sincerely hope you enjoy it and look forward to hearing your comments! For those who are not subscribed to my Patreon and have asked: the public demo will (generally) be updated to include one less chapter than the Patron-only demo. So once Chapter 4 is finished and released to Patrons, everything through Chapter 3 will become publicly available. This isn’t fully set in stone, but this is generally what I’ll be following to decide how much to make public at a time.

Thank you all for your support and patience, I look forward to hitting that 200,000-word mark soon!

Updated Word Count: 198,000 words

Patreon Link: RFKramer is creating The People’s House | Patreon

23 Likes

population decline can be in it earlier stage so there can be so decision made to help families and make it easier to raise children or at the very least have some minor decision to make it more manageable

2 Likes

Is the new demo included in Writer’s Diary #26 on Patreon

1 Like

The public demo is current to Chapter 2, as Chapter 4 is not yet complete. Once Chapter 4 is complete, Chapter 3 will be added to the public demo. As for the Patreon demo, it contains everything written thus far, as it says.

3 Likes

Thank you this was really helpful

1 Like

Hi all,

Thank you to those who have sent messages to me checking in, I do truly appreciate It! I don’t have many writing updates but wanted to send out a quick message to let you know all is well and I have not given up on TPH in the slightest; I’m just on a brief hiatus from writing to study up for exams and recharge a bit after an incredibly busy semester.

I’ll be back to writing more regularly starting in May and you can expect my first official update on May 7th. Thank you all for your understanding, and looking forward to resuming this project in a few weeks once I have more time!

35 Likes

Good luck with your exams.

And I big relief wip is not abonden ( like a good ton with interest stories) . :smiley:

1 Like

A big question. When can we expect next update. Like in a time frame??

1 Like

While it is not an official rule on the forum, it is considered poor form to ask about updates from the author.
That said, he has said:

3 Likes

Sorry. I be careful next time.

3 Likes

Writer’s Diary #27
May 10th, 2023

Hello all, long time no see! It appears that in true political fashion, I have failed to keep up my promises of getting an update out to you all on the 7th. Once again, I apologize for the delay. My semester doesn’t end until this Friday, and I’ve been much busier than originally anticipated.

So, while I have only been able to add a bit, I do still have some exciting updates to share in this post!

The Updates

• First and foremost, we have officially hit the 200,000 word milestone! :confetti_ball: :partying_face:
  • In Chapter 4 you will need to choose between your family and the party as a difficult decision comes your way, the consequences of which could be major
  • There are also two more major characters who will be entering the storyline in Chapter 4; both will of course have original character pages that have been written
  • Both of these new characters will be playing large (or small) roles as the story progresses, how significant they become will largely be a decision put in your hands

As I said, due to finals I haven’t been able to write as much as usual, but am still very happy with the progress so far. Once I have more of Chapter 4 written, I’ll be releasing the new bits of the story mentioned above to the demo on Patreon. I just also have to thank you all for your incredible support one more time. It has meant the world to me that you’ve all stuck with me for the past few weeks while I finished up the semester.

Going into the summer, I’ll likely keep my same upload schedule – a Writer’s Diary every other week with demo updates as often as I can get them out. As a brief heads up – for my summer travel I will be on a camping trip for about a week at the end of May and will be on another week-long trip starting the third week of June. For the sake of spending time with my family, I will not be writing for those two weeks.

Lastly, and in other incredibly exciting news, the demo of TPH turns one year old on May 17th! The first rendition of The People’s House went public on May 17th, 2022. I’ll put out a mini post next week with a quick poll – I’m interested to see how long a lot of you have been following the story!

Updated Word Count: 200,000 words (!!!)

Patreon Link: RFKramer is creating The People’s House | Patreon

27 Likes

congratulations on reaching, 200.000 words and reaching first year anniversary for the thread .

It’s kinda relief a great story doesn’t get abonden ( It happens a lot).

And good luck on exams results.

4 Likes

I know it’s been a while, but remember what I said about the Air Force? Well that lead to what might have been one of the craziest 4 months of all time. So that’s why I took a break from here, and later I tried to replay it with the updates later on, but unfortunately my browser had an issue, and by the time it was fixed it would have probably been too late to be useful. I don’t think I’ll be able to say as much as I originally did for a while.

While I cannot currently speak on the quality, congratulations on writing 200,000 words. You did more (useful) work in a year than most government employees do in a lifetime.

6 Likes

:partying_face: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TPH! :partying_face:

I am incredibly happy to announce that as of today, May 17th, The People’s House is one year old! I remember first posting about this idea a little over a year ago and having a lot of doubts. I truly didn’t believe that many people would be interested in this idea of mine, and I doubted my own ability to write a story that people would want to read. Before this, I certainly had never stuck with a writing project for so long, and definitely had never written anything close to 200,000 words in length.

I, in the event that I don’t say it enough, truly have to thank all of you for your continued support one-year out. Without it, I definitely would not have stuck with writing this story for as long as I have. I also need to thank my incredible testers @Snowflower and @11110, they’ve been a huge help in making sure that all my demos are playable, and have given incredible ideas and suggestions throughout this entire process.

While I won’t be detailing writing updates until my next Writer’s Diary, I will announce that I’m planning on adding the ability to play as a non-binary character and the ability for your spouse to be non-binary as well. Frankly, it’s something that is long overdue – I had only not included it prior as I was unaware of the “Mx.” title that existed, and there are many points in the story that required an honorific for the dialogue.

In all, I’m so incredibly proud of how far the story has come. It’s insane to think that just a year ago, the story was only a few thousand words and you didn’t even have the ability to select which state you were from. While we still have a long way to go before TPH will be ready for publishing, we’ve made a great amount of progress, and here’s to hoping that in year two we’re able to get even more written.

Lastly, I’d love to see how long all of you have been following along, so please do feel free to select whichever option in the poll below best matches!

How long have you been following TPH?

• Since the beginning!
  • Approx. 10 months
  • Approx. 8 months
  • Approx. 6 months
  • Approx. 4 months
  • Approx. 2 months
  • Just recently!

0 voters

20 Likes

I’m really glad to see you still in here, i honestly already thinking about the worse the project gone but I’m glad I’m wrong

Happy anniversary, my first impression when i first see the WIP before playing is i though the game gonna be bland but I’m glad I’m wrong because after i play the game is fun and i mean fun is funny we can act really crazy as president and more. To be honest my target if this game finish someday, i wanted to make nuclear war lol

4 Likes

When I was giving my name, the game asked what my middle initial was. What if you (or your character) don’t have a middle initial?

4 Likes

The middle initial has been expanded to a middle name in the Patreon demo. I am not sure yet if there will be an option to not have a middle name at all. @RFKramer , your thoughts?

4 Likes

This is so good. Is now saved on my list of WIP, looking forward to this project.

I don’t know if your game is on the dashion, but if it isn’t, you should put there

1 Like

I suppose this could be somewhat easily fixed, I’ll certainly make note of it.

The demo is on dashingdon! There’s a link to it in the first post on this forum page, and for subscribers to my Patreon, there’s also a demo posted there with more of the story.

11 Likes