The People's House (WIP) (UPDATED: 2/19/24) - Presidential Sim

I took Lawyer and Gorvernor of Virginia, I actually don’t remember Jacob, what he does again?

1 Like

Will there be a military conflict/war in the final version? kinda hoping for an iraq war situation during GWB era

8 Likes

I don’t know if RFKramer would really want to let you be as downright evil in the game as Bush was in real life though. Maybe there’s like a Korean war or Afghanistan or something, but imagine playing a game where it’s like “Hmm, we need to get some resources. Let’s say country X has something they can’t have and then invade it, destabilizing the region and killing thousands of innocent people.”

7 Likes

Heh lets say if we try to do an iraq war situation im 100 percent certain that we ain’t popular anymore and before we even go to war we can solve this problem with country x ,lets say they have something we don’t want them to have pretty easy solution to this. We get our boys in the sky and bomb wherever they have the material we don’t want them to have and if they make more of it bomb the production facilitys and other areas of it (like we did to yougoslavia in the late 90s)sure there is no doubt we’re going to have backlash forigen nations or the country x itslef and our guys in congress but we can bribe some of them to slightly make the effect less worse for us but we’re the united states of America we can deal with it.

1 Like

It might not have to be a war we instigate, it could be something similar to Russia/Ukraine

4 Likes

I’ve seen rfkramer talk about that before. However, it may have been limited content on patreon, so I’m wondering if it’s okay to reveal the content here.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a good idea to reveal patreon only stuff until RFKramer reveals it to everyone.

7 Likes

yeah, it’s still better not to publish it.

2 Likes

Is it possible for MC to get a in depth briefing on classified files on UFO sightings will make it more realistic as pentagon have confirmed and provide video evidence for this weird situation By years of investing them and clearly contribute quit a lot of time and money

6 Likes

that would be fun, like a “wild wasteland” encounter almost lol a smoking man enters the oval office late at night to brief you on something even if it never becomes a plot point that moves past that single scene…though maybe thats too outlandish :crazy_face:

1 Like

It could be a classified U.S. or Russian or Chinese flying object. It could be a new type of fighter plane or a reconnaissance balloon like the recently talked about. In fact, such objects caused a stir in the Roswell Incident and the Captain Mantell Incident.

4 Likes

I don’t think it that outlandis since pentagon them self have confirmed there existence and are more or less confusing as general public of America it could be a great point for the military to ask there buget be increase so they are better prepared for any thing and it can play a major role in Escalating tension as military believe it to be advance aircraft that represents a major risk to the US

7 Likes

If MC have high approve rating does it help party member in mid term and successful solving oil prices situation. It be nice have a majority in both houses It could convince people that president is a competent person and see more leaning towards the party

2 Likes

Writer’s Diary #24
February 14th, 2023

Hey all and happy Valentine’s Day! I apologize for the few-day delay in this writer’s diary – I had a very busy weekend and just didn’t have the opportunity to post.

The Updates

• The entire story up through Chapter 3 is now available on Patreon! There’s still some polishing to do when I come back to the story for some edits, but I’m very happy with where the story is thus far.
  • I’m also now around 5,000 words into Chapter 4 and have written a few scenes so far regarding a new scandal (and there will of course be more to come)
  • I won’t say any more to avoid spoiling anything, but Chapter 4 will cover the midterm elections and all the chaos that ensues when the opposition party gains a majority in Congress

Things have still been crazy busy, but I am happy with the progress that’s still being made!

Updated Word Count: 190,000 words

Patreon Link: RFKramer is creating The People’s House | Patreon

24 Likes

Im praying to god that we can choose for the MC to engage in an international conflict sequence (declare war) against other major superpower country (china, russia, etc). Considering recent US strain relation with Russia in regards of Ukraine, and China in regards of the “weather balloon”

5 Likes

Alive

Writer’s Diary #25
March 6th, 2023

Hi all! Sorry for the delay in getting this update out to you all again – I realize it’s been almost three weeks since my last update due to some setbacks. As some of you may know I, unfortunately, had to do a complete factory reset of my laptop due to what I believe was a virus. Luckily, I had most of TPH saved and only had to re-write around 10,000 words. Still, I’ve been working on writing in my free time!

The Updates

• Due to the factory reset, I did have to re-write Chapter 4. Thankfully, it was all pretty fresh in my memory and I was able to re-write it pretty quickly – the chapter is now at about 8,000 words in all
  • I’ve also been working on a more concrete outline for the chapter which (as planned) should end right before your decision regarding whether or not to run for a second term
  • Thankfully, I have a week off for spring break next week, and I’m hoping to do a lot of writing in that time. Ideally, I’ll be able to get a few thousand words into Chapter 4 in that week off to post on Patreon

I’ll have a solid ten days off next week – I am still working for most of it but thanks to the support of so many lovely people on my Patreon, I was able to take a few days off to dedicate just to writing. I can also say that I will be posting the first chunk of Chapter 4 this month! As of right now, the plan is to write as much as I can during break and publish as much as makes sense to Patreon.

Thank you all again for bearing with me as midterms, computer viruses, and overall work has slowed down progress – I’m hoping to do a lot of catching up and to hit the 200,000-word milestone soon!

Updated Word Count: 192,000 words

Patreon Link: RFKramer is creating The People’s House | Patreon

26 Likes

Hello! Can someone go past chapter 2? The demo can’t seem to load for me past the point where we’re finishing the press conference with our achievements in CH2

1 Like

The public demo is only up to Chapter 2. The Patreon demo is current to Chapter 3 and has/will have a chunk of Chapter 4.

5 Likes

It looks like work has resumed on “the crown”, a game with similar content to this one.

3 Likes