The People's House (WIP) (UPDATED: 2/19/24) - Presidential Sim

I mainly selected the Marine Corps because they’re the most respected branch of the Armed Forces, and I decided to pick one rather than include different storylines for each different branch.

I’m honestly not planning on appearance customization as I don’t think it’s incredibly necessary. I could easily create a scene at the beginning where you pick hair color, eye color, height, and all sorts of other appearance-related stats, but it really wouldn’t change anything about the story.

I’m definitely open to adding more options for cabinet picks, but I honestly didn’t really see the need for any more than the options already offered. I could throw in a bit more for added flavor, but the main ideologies are already expressed in the cabinet options available.

10 Likes

Definitely not related to how im going to disunite America in the game and end humanity (FBI,CIA, this is a joke im not doing it in real life only in game)

Step 1 : print the us dollar In The Thousands of millions and give it to people to cause massive hyperinflation, while this happens the stock market and banks are haveing people trying to withdraw money and sell stocks this will more or less cause the collapse of the us dollar and stock market

Step 2: Call in the southern states governors and grant them independence and back stab them by calling the us millitary to crush the rebellion

Step 3 The final step : Cause the last final war that humanity will ses by ordering all us nuclear forces to launch all their payload on major nuclear powers and smaller nuclear powers and cause a real fallout game in the progress.

2 Likes

1 Like

Speaking of appearance will there be a part where we met with the previous presidents? If the timeline in this story doesn’t go too far away from our timeline for example meeting with 90 years old Obama or just meeting with the president from 2024 onwards which will be a fictional characters?

2 Likes

I think everyone we meet is fictional at this point (exception: hereditary rulers (constitutional or otherwise) must come from real families, but no actual extant individuals get used).

8 Likes

Writer’s Diary #21
December 4th, 2022

Happy December all! I hope you all had a pleasant Thanksgiving and are looking forward to the holiday season.

The Updates

• The entirety of the Asia trip is completed! It is now publicly available on the Patreon version of the demo, though it isn’t fully polished
    • I am planning on adding some more branching opportunities at a later date, but for now it’s playable and the main story arch is written.
  • I’m also working on finishing the rest of Chapter III, I was hoping to finish this by the end of December, but considering I’ll be coming home for the last half of December to spend time with family, I’m not sure how much of it I’ll get done. Nonetheless, I’ll write all that I can!

There aren’t too many bullet points for this week, as the bulk of the writing went into the Asia trip which I do not want to spoil, but I am very happy to finally be reaching the end of this chapter. The next chapter will focus on Midterms and the ensuing chaos, which is much more up my alley!

Once again, thank you so much for the support, and I look forward to releasing a public update of the demo around Christmas time!

Updated Word Count: 170,000 words

Patreon Link: RFKramer is creating The People’s House | Patreon

23 Likes

Writer’s Diary #22
December 17th, 2022

Happy December everyone, I hope you’re enjoying time with loved ones!

The Updates

• This week almost all of my writing has gone into finishing up Chapter III, I’ve made some progress but the writing takes time due to the massive amount of branching!
  • This past week, I’ve written a bit more of Chapter III post-your trip abroad, and just finished up the first half of the Cabinet scene which needed to be written about 36 times! There are twelve pieces of legislation possible to sign, with three different options within each piece of legislation.
  • For the next few days, I’ll be shifting my focus to spruce up the Prologue a bit, though I will be going home for the holidays later this evening so I may not be able to write as much as I’d like. Regardless, I will be keeping my progress of releasing an updated demo for my Patrons and for the public!

With this, please let me know what more you’d like to see out of the Prologue! As of right now, my planned additions are much more customization of your spouse – setting a background of where you met, what your spouse did before the Presidency, etc. But, even still, I’d absolutely love to keep adding more bits of your characters (and your character’s family) background, so let me know any ideas you have.

I also apologize for the above post. I accidentally posted this before I was done writing it twice! (I have not gotten much sleep from finals season!)

In any event, thank you all for sticking with me as I work through this story, I’m incredibly happy with the progress that I’ve made and look forward to continuing the work in the new year!

Updated Word Count: 176,000 words

Patreon Link: RFKramer is creating The People’s House | Patreon

24 Likes

Is this update for the public demo as well or just the Patreon demo?

either way, I’m still super excited about this :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Still hoping for the Christmas gift

2 Likes

Updated demo will be dropped this christmas or…? Anyway, stay safe out there author, its snowstorm here in wyoming ┐⁠(⁠´⁠ー⁠`⁠)⁠┌

3 Likes

Everyone will be getting a Christmas gift from me, I’m keeping my promise! I’m hoping to write a bit more, but no matter what I’ll be releasing updates for Patrons and the public at some time tomorrow!

Wishing you all a merry Christmas Eve and happy holidays.

33 Likes

THE HOLIDAY UPDATE IS HERE

:confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

I hope all of those who celebrate had an excellent Christmas – I’m so incredibly excited to be able to deliver this holiday gift to you all.

I could rattle off all the new updates, but it has honestly been so long since the public demo’s been updated that I couldn’t even begin to list them all.

As a rough overview: the public demo now includes everything from the Prologue through the very end of Chapter 2, A Congress Divided. Patrons have access to that, plus all that’s been written for Chapter 3, America Abroad. If there are any errors, please upload them here with a screenshot of the error message. I’ll be up for a few more hours at my laptop to fix them ASAP in the event I made a typo.

Finally, and to say it once again, thank you. We’ve made it this far together, and I look forward to hearing your impressions, suggestions, and kind words of support.

P.S. probably should’ve mentioned this in the original post but the updated version is uploaded to the existing link in post one!

36 Likes

Yesss thank you i cannot sleep because im waiting the public demo thank youuuuu

4 Likes

I hope it lives up to your expectations!

6 Likes

I wonder if the in-game word count may need a small update?

2 Likes

The public demo ended after we gave the speech at congress right? Or am i missing something

5 Likes

finally, a game where i can try to make america a commie haven /j (or am i??)

2 Likes

That’s right, the Address to Congress is the last part of Chapter 2!

7 Likes

I might be totally off here but I think this section might’ve been meaning to reference the Republican party’s view as opposed to the Democratic party’s view:

That and there’s an issue where they don’t refer to the MC by name in that section.

2 Likes

Loving going through this so far. One of my favorite Christmas presents. :slight_smile:

Edit: That was exhilarating, especially the speech at the end. Definitely gonna be playing this over and over for the next week for optimization purposes. Will do a comb through for potential bugs and issues since I’m going to be checking the stat page and the text for every decision anyways.

2 Likes