The Paths to Greatness (Discussion) - OUT NOW!

Yay! Still wondering what a cute rich kid like him did wrong to get kidnapped and drafted and turned into barefoot cannon-fodder though?

1 Like

got another error for ya

chapter2 line 174: Non-existent command ‘gotobootcamp7’

1 Like

Maybe nothing? (;

Forgot another space, haha! It’s fixed now!

NEW UPDATE: JULY 7TH, 2017

THIS UPDATE INCLUDES:

• First day of specialized training with mentor.
  • Chapter 1.2.
  • General performance improvements/bug fixes.

Again, a huge thanks to everyone who has read this! Don’t hesitate to reply with bugs, suggestions, or constructive criticism! Link is in the first post! (:

4 Likes

Hello! I am still working on this, but it is a lot of writing and I have been busy lately.

Anyways… (:

NEW UPDATE: AUGUST 30TH, 2017

THIS UPDATE INCLUDES:

• Chapter 1.3.
  • Some of chapter 1.4.
  • Introduction to the Swollen King.
  • Fixed Non’Caesura’s relationship values.

As always, a huge thanks to everyone who has read this! Don’t hesitate to reply with bugs, suggestions, or constructive criticism! Link is in the first post! (:

5 Likes

@Writing_Fever

I don’t think two “He” is needed

• “Me? I didn’t do that but maybe someone thought you could help me help?” You suppose it would be best to think of something to ask him.

This is may just me, I found it weird there two help here

I like this story and it’s good to see you still working on this! I hope we can know more about mc village

1 Like

Fixed everything you mentioned!

Thank you!

Oh, we’re going back there pretty soon… (;

NEW UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 4TH, 2017

THIS UPDATE INCLUDES:

• The conclusion of chapter 1.4.
  • The conclusion of our introduction to the Swollen King.
  • Grammar fixes.
  • A new feature – if you want to read the newest updates, but don’t feel like going through the entire game up to that point, you can now choose to start reading at the beginning of the latest chapter with a default character!

As always, a huge thanks to everyone who has read this! Don’t hesitate to reply with bugs, suggestions, or constructive criticism! Link is in the first post! (:

EDIT: I realized that there are some concepts that might not be understood in chapter 1.4!

Explanation of the calendar year of Primeo

There are twelve months with thirty days in each month. The first month is called “Month One”, the second month is called “Month Two”, etc. These correspond to the Gregorian calendar, except there are five days missing. At the end of the year, there is a festival five days long that doesn’t count as part of the normal calendar year. Let me know if I can explain anything else!

3 Likes

looks
reads date
remembers what year it is
spittakes
(By the way, I wasn’t trying to be rude or anything. I understand how much free time it takes to write a choicescript game but I just found this funny. Keep up the hard work!)

1 Like

Haha, it’s fine! I know you’re not trying to be rude! On top of my life being busy, some of the sections I essentially need to write four different times and four different ways because the mentors are each a very unique character. So it can be a lot of work! ( :

NEW UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2017

THIS UPDATE INCLUDES:

• The conclusion of chapter 1.5.
  • WARNING: This part is a little graphic. Nothing super gory or sexual, but it may be disturbing.
  • Grammar fixes.

Link: https://dashingdon.com/play/writingfever/the-paths-to-greatness/mygame/the-paths-to-greatness_compiled.html

5 Likes

You forgot the link (20 characters)

1 Like

It’s in the first post…

1 Like

Some people (Me included) are too lazy to look up they prefer to see what’s in front of them…:sweat_smile:
@FutbolDude21586 But thanks
@Writing_Fever Btw for the first scene no person can survive for more than 3 days without food or water they would be in immense pain and wouldn’t be able to think clearly or reflect on their predicament but say they are in good physical condition. Perhaps you could start with something like “You’ve been surrounded by darkness for three days.You have not eaten nor drank. You cannot see, for your eyes are covered. You cannot feel, for your hands are bound behind you. You can only hope this ends soon, the pain of starvation is unbearable. There is nothing to do except try to think, and remember how you got into this situation. in the Haze of your pain you remember…” instead of “You’ve been surrounded by darkness for three days. No one has come to feed you or give you water. You can see nothing, for your eyes are covered. You can touch nothing, for your hands are bound behind you. You can only hope something, anything, will happen soon to relieve you of the numbing boredom. There is nothing to do except think, and remember how you got into this situation.” just a few minute changes i would suggest can make all the difference, it can create a more desperate feeling atmosphere.

1 Like

Nah, just click the Nov 2014 label on top of the timeline-scrollbar. You’ll be directed instantly to the first post.

Also works for the latest comment, which is the bottom label of the scrollbar.

3 Likes

I’m getting an error after you meet the emporer when you go back to your tent

1 Like

I believe that’s the end of the WIP thus far.

1 Like

I edited my latest reply to include it, anyway. It’s no trouble!

I’ll take your suggestion into account. I wrote that years ago, so it probably needs a bit of a refresher anyway, lol. ( :

For the first time or the second time? Which attribute did you choose as your main talent? If possible, could you tell me the error code and/or what popped-up when you got the error?

The end of the WIP so far is after you return to your village, so I do think that syd969 did encounter an error.

Thank you all for the responses and I hope I have addressed everyone! Feel free to suggest more changes or bring anything to my attention that you think would improve the story or user experience! ( :

Link: https://dashingdon.com/play/writingfever/the-paths-to-greatness/mygame/the-paths-to-greatness_compiled.html

EDIT: @syd969 : I think I fixed the error you were getting. Let me know if it still happens!

3 Likes

I wish there was a way to collaborate, writing alone is so well…Lonely

1 Like

Who says there isn’t a way to collaborate? Maybe you and a friend could write a story together, or one of you could write and the other could code, or perhaps one could write and the other could illustrate? As long as you are happy, it shouldn’t matter what roles you have. : )

Did you end up finding the link okay and/or have any problems with the demo?

Yep it’s fixed!!! Thanks alot now I can continue my journey :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Something must be off, the update mentions going to 1.5. I never seem to make it past 1.2 before *finish is triggered.

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m glad I was able to fix it!

I think I fixed the problem. Is it working now?

You’re right though, the demo currently ends a little ways into 1.6. (: