At long last, the game that, like, thirty people have been waiting for…
… is finished!
If you would like to participate in the beta testing, just message me or reply here saying you want to and I’ll respond in a message with what I’m hoping to find out, the link to the beta, what I want feedback on, and my appreciation for taking time out of your lives to contribute to testing my gamebook!
Seriously, it means/would mean a lot to me! (:
Welcome to the island of Primeo! I’m going to be honest, it isn’t all that exciting here. At least not until you are conscripted into the service of a mysterious Emperor that no one has ever heard of, before! There are many paths to greatness, which will you walk?
In The Paths to Greatness,:
- Learn one of four stat specialties.
- Meet different characters with unique personalities and reactions.
- Play as gay, straight, bi, aromantic, or asexual.
- Have the option of being either a man or a woman.
- Find love or walk your own path.
- Take fate into your own hands with one of 15+ endings that change based on the choices you have made.
Approximate word count (I used the word counter in NotePad++ and figured that I would subtract ten percent to account for code): ~168,458 or just round to ~168,460.
HOW THIS WILL WORK (PLEASE READ):
Each round will last for one week after I send the link to people or however long it takes them to respond to me less than a week. After a week, I will assume they just got busy and couldn’t give feedback. That’s fine, but I will move on to the next person on my list for the following round. I am going to cap the amount of testers at 15 for now – it might be more or less depending on who responds.
Each new link will be an edit of the previous round’s link.
Also please respond in a timely manner! Thanks again!
People I have messaged/that have messaged me about it (this is just for my own personal record-keeping, if you want me to remove your username just tell me):
Round 1 who didn’t respond: Gamerboy01, masterx, Terrell_Williams, Delena, Damean_WightFlame, Qwtdr, shiaya, Hellburner2
Links sent for second round: Sunshade, Whars01, Athenian_Soldier, Ethan_Garrick, milyjrvis, Mightcould, Dcorderiou, Rello
Line for third round if I get to it: Vic, CaesarCzech, Tylar11021, PapaGrohk, Paradox, No_This_Is_Patrick, Axe-L-Rose
Feedback received from: Kanaya, Inessy, Jackpot1776, Harley_Robin_Evans (lots of questions, no feedback), NatsDemilla, MindGlitch, Exeldgamer, lexveloirte, Robert_Snead, Kendra, Ender1 (positive reaction, but no specific feedback), kairu, Codyj89, BigBob
- Fixed an oversight in chapter 3 where you didn’t have any options to ask about the assassination suspects.
- Removed placeholder factions from the stats screen.
- Added basic character customization options.
- Activated the save plugin feature on dashingdon to make beta testing easier.
- Fixed infinite loading bar bug at the end of chapter 4. It was going to the public demo chapter 5 instead of the beta chapter 5, which includes the ending.
- Fixed mistake where player was unable to move forward during the ending.
- Added “back” button on the stats screen.
- Game will no longer skip chapter 1.