The Paths to Greatness - BETA TESTING CLOSED

ALL ROUNDS OF BETA TESTING ARE CLOSED.

Thank you to everyone who signed-up and/or gave me feedback! This has been a long and exciting project for me and I am thrilled that so many of you were interested in helping me see it to its conclusion. Be on the look-out for more writing from me, because I’ll be right back with another gamebook sooner than later! (;

Welcome to the island of Primeo! I’m going to be honest, it isn’t all that exciting here. At least not until you are conscripted into the service of a mysterious Emperor that no one has ever heard of, before! There are many paths to greatness, which will you walk?

In The Paths to Greatness,:

• Learn one of four stat specialties.
  • Meet different characters with unique personalities and reactions.
  • Play as gay, straight, bi, aromantic, or asexual.
  • Have the option of being either a man or a woman.
  • Find love or walk your own path.
  • Take fate into your own hands with one of 15+ endings that change based on the choices you have made.

Approximate word count (I used the word counter in NotePad++ and figured that I would subtract ten percent to account for code): ~168,458 or just round to ~168,460.

HOW THIS WILL WORK (PLEASE READ):

Each round will last for one week after I send the link to people or however long it takes them to respond to me less than a week. After a week, I will assume they just got busy and couldn’t give feedback. That’s fine, but I will move on to the next person on my list for the following round. I am going to cap the amount of testers at 15 for now – it might be more or less depending on who responds.

Each new link will be an edit of the previous round’s link.

Also please respond in a timely manner! Thanks again!

People I have messaged/that have messaged me about it (this is just for my own personal record-keeping, if you want me to remove your username just tell me):

Round 1 who didn’t respond: Gamerboy01, masterx, Terrell_Williams, Delena, Damean_WightFlame, Qwtdr, shiaya,

Round 2 who didn’t respond: Sunshade, Whars01, milyjrvis, Mightcould, Rello

Technical issues: Ethan_Garrick

Technical issues, never responded: Dcorderiou, Athenian_Soldier

People from Round 3 that never responded: Vic, CaesarCzech, PapaGrohk, No_This_Is_Patrick, Axe-L-Rose, Hellburner2

Feedback received from: Kanaya, Inessy, Jackpot1776, Harley_Robin_Evans (lots of questions, no feedback), NatsDemilla, MindGlitch, Exeldgamer, lexveloirte, Robert_Snead, Kendra, Ender1 (positive reaction, but no specific feedback), kairu, Codyj89, BigBob, Paradox, Tylar11021

Changelog
  • Fixed an oversight in chapter 3 where you didn’t have any options to ask about the assassination suspects.
  • Removed placeholder factions from the stats screen.
  • Added basic character customization options.
  • Activated the save plugin feature on dashingdon to make beta testing easier.
  • Fixed infinite loading bar bug at the end of chapter 4. It was going to the public demo chapter 5 instead of the beta chapter 5, which includes the ending.
  • Fixed mistake where player was unable to move forward during the ending.
  • Added “back” button on the stats screen.
  • Game will no longer skip chapter 1.

Round 2 changelog:

• Added character profiles section to stats screen.
  • Wrote additional side stories/character vignettes to give some of the characters more depth. These are accessed through the character profiles section of the stats screen and are unlocked after you meet or have a certain relationship level with a particular character.
  • Fixed a bug where you could not continue on to chapter 4.4 when on the charisma path and romancing the Emperor.
20 Likes

is it to late to become a game tester?

1 Like

Hey I’d be more than happy to beta test your game

1 Like

Nope! I’ll message you and you can see if you want to do it! (:

Okay! I’ll message you some more information!

Hey I’d love to participate in the beta testing for your game !

1 Like

Can I beta test please

1 Like

I would like to help you with beta as well.

1 Like

i can become a tester

1 Like

Hello, I’m interested in helping with the beta test!

1 Like

Hi!! I’d love to help you with beta test!!

1 Like

I’d love to test it!

1 Like

I’d like to beta test!

1 Like

Interesting! I’d be willing to Beta Test

1 Like

What would love to beta test

1 Like

Sounds fun! I’d love to beta test

1 Like

A humble creator. I literally just made an account to beta test this. Been lurking too long.

1 Like

I’d like to beta test as well, I’d it’s still available. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This seems like it will be an awesome game! I would love to beta test it!

1 Like

I loved the demo and would love the to be able to beta test!!!

1 Like

This would be quite interesting to join

1 Like