The Paths to Greatness (Discussion) - OUT NOW!

I have a question is there any female romance options?

1 Like

For female player characters or NPCs? Women MCs can romance everyone. The romance options that are women are Ser Aurum the athleticism mentor and Fabricia the quartermaster/surgeon/everything else.

Thank you. Another question how do you start a romance with the female romance options?

1 Like

Choose either athleticism or skill as your first attribute and then do things that they like. For Ser Aurum, that would be not asking about her past, not disrespecting her people’s values, and acting in the best interest of the Empire. For Fabricia, this means being clever, not undermining the Empire, and spending as much time with her as possible.

How do you meet Fabricia?

1 Like

Choose “I was often called upon to do odd jobs because of my handiness” in the introduction.

my god mate you coulda just said you didnt like it

5 Likes

Nice book and everything but did I just send some random person to their death right after the tournament?

3 Likes

Yeah… if you don’t investigate it’s always the noble woman or patrol woman. Otherwise you can send others/anyone to death if you investigate.

1 Like

I always send the soldier guy because if i have to bullshit a poisoner i’m at least making semi legit bullshit

1 Like
Summary

So there isn’t actually a poisoner to find?

2 Likes

nope, the emperor just wants an excuse to get rid of one of the people he doesn’t like :joy:

2 Likes

I’d rather have rant-style feedback than the thirteen people who simply wrote “boring” on the Google Play Store reviews, lol (:

Weellll, not necessarily a random person… but, yes. (;

2 Likes

Good book, but I feel that many choice stories guive the character a very passive voice in the story. I prefer a jarring beginning that sets character into the story more than reading tons of lines that cause a slow burn, thats only me tho and it’s not an isolated issue in the COG style games so not a deal breaker.

1 Like

Thank you!

Hey, I don’t know where else to put this, but if this is too off-topic or counts as spam, then the moderators are free to delete this post. I really, truly just wanted to write a disclaimer of sorts and don’t have any other way of communicating other than this thread.

So, for the last few months or so I’ve been keeping an eye on the various piracy sites that have made my gamebook available without purchase for any rando on the internet to read. For obvious reasons, I am not going to be linking to any of their websites, but based on their own download figures of apparently near seven hundred and the literal twelve pages of people in their forum thanking the original person that pirated it, I think it’s safe to say that this is a prolific problem.

I mainly just wanted to say to those that have pirated my gamebook and then went and left a negative review (and I know there’s at least one of you, because you wrote the exact same review both on the piracy site and the Google play store) that you are playing what is essentially only one version of my gamebook. The way the original pirate modded it so you have 90% in every stat did the rest of you no favors, because doing that pretty much completely broke the way it is supposed to be played. This is a game about relationships and how those are strengthened and weakened based on difficult circumstances, and I can’t say I blame the people that said it was boring to play through a story where everyone loves them – that is boring, but it’s not everything.

Additionally, the way some checks are set-up, the biggest choice you can make is your mentor, and even that might be completely broken. If I recall correctly, some dialogue is shown only if you have above a certain value (as you are only supposed to have one high one), and one can imagine what would happen if all a character’s stats are at 100. It would be like reading all four main paths at once and doubtlessly be terribly confusing.

Also, other than the modding essentially breaking what I wrote and ruining what the story is meant to be, pirating takes a lot of the fun out of writing. You are not sticking it to some giant corporation zillion-dollar-per-year-income game developer or author when you steal, but rather a human being who, like all of you, needs to eat. I don’t write to make money (if this were a realistic option, I would) but to tell a story and most importantly to entertain. It genuinely hurts more than my wallet when people steal access.

9 Likes

I’m sorry you have to experience those things. Imho if you have such a proof someone is pirating games you should tell mods and have him banned, who the heck pirates games for under 5$ come on… that’s so lame.

5 Likes

Not on this forum (that I’m aware of, anyway) but the person is a part of the pirating forum and left the same review both on their site and the Google play store. It’s especially frustrating because all of their concerns might have arisen from the simple fact that the modded version they’re playing is so railroaded!

3 Likes

Yes. The modders don’t actually understand how the code works, so they insert numbers that look good to them, without regard to how that actually affects the game. We get error reports daily from users of these mods.

5 Likes

Yeah, they’re usually too dim, not to mention in a rush to be the first one out with a mod and get all the reflected glory for it, so they do a hack job of the mod and break things that were never meant to be broken.

It’s a tough nut to crack. Any measure that could be put in to stymie their efforts threatens both to screw legitimate non-pirate modders and increases the odds of getting negative reviews in the marketplaces from the bottom-feeders that download their stuff. It’s not enough money to make a legal case out of it, and certainly the authorities don’t give a fart in a whirlwind.

4 Likes