The Passenger is OUT!

just played it cant wait for the full game this was :fire::fire::fire:

12 Likes

Seems pretty amazing from what I played, I really loved Roach’s character! Good work!

10 Likes

looking foward to more

4 Likes

Hey, gang! Long time no see, but I come bearing good news. I don’t know how many of you knew that I’ve been stuck with writer’s block for a while now–and just as I was working on the last fixes of the complete beta of TP :sweat: But I got into a contest to try and claw myself out of it… and it worked! Last week I was able to squeeze out 5k words and I actually enjoyed writing, so let’s hope I’m completely ready to finish the game. I really really want to start working on something else :laughing:

Hope you’re doing fine, hugs!

82 Likes

Hey, I just found out about this game in the morning and just completed it few minutes ago. I love the concept about the MC is an elderict abomination that stuck in human larvae’s body :rofl:

I can’t wait for the update, are yout still continuing this story? becausee the forum last activity is like a year ago. Please keep up this good work!

5 Likes

Hey there, glad you liked it. I finished the (alpha) game, actually :blush: It sits at 310k words long more or less, but something tells me it will grow in length. Right now I’m adding character interactions and fixing stuff.

30 Likes

Great to hear, good job!

3 Likes

Found the demo due to it being pinned from the recent replies, and it’s really good! I’ll definitely be getting the full version when it’s published, the characters are written well and while it’s heavily interaction based, it also feels natural when playing a non-romantic route. Plus, who doesn’t like playing a horrific abomination?

Hope the writing is going well!

5 Likes

Yay!!! I am so excited to hear you are back in action ☆ this story is so goooooood… looking forward to hanging out with R&J once again :heart:

7 Likes

I am excited to hear that!! I’ve really liked this story since I first came across it and the twenty something times I’ve played through it! Honestly just wanna say I really love this and keep up the great work!!

2 Likes

Well then that was…idk but I am going to be keeping tabs on this it has my interest and its different so thats a win in my book.

1 Like

Hey gang, how’s everything doing? This week I was able to add 4k to the epilogue and finally finish the first of 5 scenes that really need rewriting. I think the others will be shorter :thinking: but who knows :laughing:

Right now my list of tasks looks something like this:

• Rewrite scene 1 :white_check_mark:
  • Rewrite scene 2 :green_square:
  • Rewrite scene 3 :green_square:
  • Rewrite scene 4 :green_square:
  • Rewrite scene 5 :green_square:
  • Fix pacing :green_square:
  • Add choices :green_square:
  • Fix code :green_square:
  • All the other stuff I don’t remember atm :green_square:

Stay safe, hugs!

85 Likes

Gang, how are you doing? Last week was a productive one; I added 6k words to the epilogue and finished the second scene I needed to rewrite (it was the shortest, but still).

My list of tasks is looking like this:

• Rewrite scene 2 :white_check_mark:
  • Rewrite scene 3 :green_square:

I think I should have the third scene ready in 2 weeks if there aren’t any setbacks, of course.

Stay safe, hugs!

92 Likes

How can I get the last choice ???

I though it has something to do with the essence but I could never get more than 35 % till that point and even then I couldn’t get the only choice that (I guess) we use our power (the other times we kinda didn’t have much of a choice) ?

I mean through the whole story we’re supposed to be more powerfull than Roach and here even in a simple scene they could do more than we could

Mc you shoul’d feel ashamed man

(And I just can’t get more essence so if someone could give a hint abt what to do 'cause I’m srsly curious abt this scene)

Edit: I fixed the spoiler tags – Eiwynn.

1 Like

You need to have humanity below 35 to be able to pick that option

5 Likes

I love this game so much! and all of the characters in it :slight_smile: it was funny and a little scary, but above all VERY interesting. I personally love games that are dependent on your relationship with the characters around you, whether it’s good, bad, etc.

My only comment about that is, it seems MUCH harder to raise affection points if you’re keeping things platonic. I personally think platonic relationships can be just as meaningful and full of love as romantic relationships, it’s just that the love takes a different form. For example, running Fiama’s route twice and making all the EXACT same decisions, minus the flirty ones, there’s a pretty big discrepancy in the relationship points (flirty run is much higher). In fact, even if you reject her at the end and lose points there, your overall total is STILL higher than if you chose not to flirt with her at all.

Same with Roach’s. Though his point total being higher at the end makes more sense bc if you’re pursuing him romantically there’s a scene that’s not available to you if you’re just platonic. It would be great if you could convince him to trust you with his painful past even if you aren’t flirting, just if you bond enough as friends. I did appreciate we were still able to hug and stuff like that while being platonic though! That was adorable.

It would be great if you can show that your MC is really dedicated to a character and cares about them a lot, WITHOUT having it turn romantic, or even while pursuing someone else romantically.

Another small thing Jonny’s was super hard to raise if I was flirting with Roach too, which I understand. Buuuut over a few playthroughs I realized even if you only flirted with Roach once or twice after rejecting him in the beginning and Johnny wasn’t around when you flirt, he says that he knows you’re messing around with both of them which seems a bit harsh. Especially since there are flirt options when you JUST meet the characters and are maybe trying to figure out if you want to pursue anything with them at all. My first playthrough I didn’t realize Jonny would be so affected by it until we talked in the video store, but even after telling him I liked him more and I stopped flirting with Roach, Jonny still acted like I was pursuing something with both of them.

Anyways, despite complaints taking up most of this comment, they are pretty minor, I want to emphasize that this game is AWESOME! and I love it even without a focus on platonic relationships. I can’t wait to see where this story goes next :smiley:

14 Likes

This is freaking incredible!! I’m utterly hooked

1 Like

Ah, the friendship points. Yeah, they are super broken :sweat_smile: I decided to get rid of those stat bars in the beta for that reason; I realized some npcs would be able to reach 50, when others would be around 40, and others 30. The finished game will have text instead.

I will however pay attention to this next time I playtest the game (once it’s ready to be reviewed by my betas once more).

Hm, not sure about this. I don’t see Roach parting with info about their love life unless it’s absolutely necessary. They talk about this because they are making a point, trust has nothing to do with the reason why they’re telling Newman; it’s a means to an end.

Hah, yeah. Sneaky sneaky, don’t tell Jonny you’re only into him if you’re going to keep flirting with Roach. Tell him you’re into both of them, then when he asks you to walk him to the car he will ask you to choose between Roach and him (or Fiama and him) because he doesn’t share.

Uh, this is odd. Must be a bug because that isn’t supposed to happen. Will take a look later.

@alliebee @Baldanna thanks for your comments, and I’m glad you liked the game :grin:

18 Likes

Hey gang :grin: so, this week I wrote another 5k words and now I’m close to finishing the 3rd scene. I think scene number 4 will be around 7 or 8k words long, but the last one might get a bit longer :thinking: We’ll see.

That’s it for now, stay safe, hugs!

69 Likes

Hey gang :slightly_smiling_face: This week I added 5k words to the epilogue and now scene number 3 is finished. Holy crap that one didn’t want to end :weary: The last 2 scenes are long so they’ll probably take me two weeks each too. Hopefully rl will go smoothly.

The List:

• Rewrite scene 2 :white_check_mark:
  • Rewrite scene 3 :white_check_mark:

Been listening to Hotline Miami’s soundtrack non-stop while I write, great stuff.

Stay safe, hugs!

88 Likes