Devour (WIP, Update 3/11/18; ON HIATUS)

A little side project I’ve been working on, since I’m having trouble with ‘The Monster of Rome’ at the moment.

Elevator Pitch: You play a hive-minded, body-jacking monster with a limited understanding of human society, ethics, and anatomy. Over the course of the game, you’ll attend college, commit acts of psychological violence, go on dates, assimilate the feedbags into your hive-mind, and generally have a good time.

Sound like fun? You’re in luck, because I’ll be putting up an installment each weekend. I’m not in a great headspace at the moment, so I may be a little slow on occasion, but fingers crossed.

Trigger warning: As you are playing as an amoral murderbeast, there will be violent content, including scenes of psychological harm.

DEMO:

https://dashingdon.com/go/2338

106 Likes

This sounds really interesting and like something that would be right up my alley. Good luck!

6 Likes

Ooooh, now that’s different!
I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for this.

5 Likes

You totally had me at this line. I’m looking forward to it.

4 Likes

Metzger just wants to raise his family in peace

…i’ll see myself out

7 Likes

That’s great. I always wanted to dominate the human race with something else other than Plague Inc.

3 Likes

An amoral murderbeast?

I expect this to get darker than dark, dude. Don’t disappoint me! :smiley:

4 Likes

A little (?) Kiseiju Sei No Kakuritsu influence there? Hell yes, i can’t wait for the demo!

4 Likes

This sounds awesome, can’t wait for the demo.
With our MC, will we be able to customise our host bodies looks?

4 Likes

This sounds good and on slow occasions you will upload boy or perish by the virus hahahah

1 Like

First update posted! Not a whole lot yet: some backstory, our first introduction to some capabilities, a bit of customization (yes, @Perillix, there will be extensive customization in the final version).

Next week, we’ll learn how to strip the free will out of our food’s head.

9 Likes

Man, I knew I was learning the wrong things in class.

9 Likes

A guy named his pubic hair?

Some of this is simple repair, as parts decline with use and age. We suspected that the dark mucus on its forelimbs was a preservative, and it does seem to slow decay (some skin samples carbon-date to the Ptolemaic era)–but it still decays, although this could be because it’s in a sterile environment.

Wouldn’t they think we might decay less because we’re in a sterile environment? Or if that was your intent, the sentence has an unneeded shift to focus on the decay before mentioning that. Right now it sounds like, “it decays because it’s in a sterile environment”

2 Likes

Grats for the upload, it was a nice one.

Btw…

2 Likes

Thanks for the bug report! I’ll try to fix that before the next update. In general, this one has been a little difficult to program, since ChoiceScript delights in giving me ‘invalid character’ error messages. (I had to transcribe this update onto an entirely new download of the ChoiceScript package.)

@Dark_Stalker, maidenhair moss is not named after the maiden’s head.

The ‘sterile environment’ idea was, in fact, that the host body would decay if the virus was placed in an unfamiliar environment (removing some of the variables extending its parts’ lifespan). So yes, since the virus hadn’t adapted to the sterile lab yet, its body was beginning to decay bit.

3 Likes

Ah, that make more sense.

Pls tell me we didn’t eat that doctor, I don’t want him as a part of me…

3 Likes

This is fucking amazing. It’s so interesting and hilarious; I would kill for more (pun intended)!

2 Likes

Wow that was absolutely disgusting…I like it!

So we shall also be learning the ethics of humanity in conjunction with uh digesting 'em eh? Now thats contrast Im looking forward to exploring.

4 Likes

Definitely looking forward to this. Looks good so far.

One minor anachronism: “like a computer downloading a disk” wouldn’t have been said in 1963. Computers didn’t work that way then; the first known use of dowload was in 1977, according to Merriam-Webster.

2 Likes

I wasn’t expecting such a quick death. Especially about how no fucks are given that Ava dies.

6 Likes