The Paper Pusher of Inferno Inc. (WIP)

Oh I adore this!!! I’m actually getting The Office vibes from the demo and all. The humour is good and the interactions between MC and the characters feel so natural. I especially loved how the deal breaker for the job was essentially a hell pet that I love so very much :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Another thing that struck me is how hot everything seems to be, wow. I live in and am used to a cool climate so anything above 24°C (75°F for all you americans out there) and I feel like ripping my skin off, yikes. I can imagine my MC at some point reaching boiling point and just unleashing a rage fit on their job, clients and coworkers due to the extreme heat.

All in all, consider me impressed. I don’t have much critique, seeing as we’re only seeing the beginning of it all but regardless, I’m really looking forward to seeing where this goes!!

7 Likes

Er, I don’t know yet.

@pachinko thanks for the comments! And yes, temperature is a big deal in Hell.

3 Likes

HELL ice cram flavors

Fallen Rocky road

Nine circles sundae

Damned chocolate

Underrum raisin

No rest for the wicked banana split

7 Likes

Good Intentions Rocky Road

3 Likes

Bealzebub peanut butter

Hot as hell vanilla

Morningstar black cherry

Apocalyptic black licorice

Devilish cookie dough

Cerberus Neapolitan ice cream

4 Likes

Hey, this WIP is awesome! I love the wacky humour and the day to day style of the writing.

I also picked up on a mistake while picking through the code. When you tell the man you’re doing his paperwork and to stop his infernal tapping, you gain politeness rather than lose it.

2 Likes

Thanks for catching that! I’ll fix it as soon as I can get to a computer.

Edit: it’s fixed now.

2 Likes

I laughed out loud when you mentioned Dante Alighieri and his influence on religion (and the visualisation of hell) back in his day. Love the way you integrated him in there!

This was very well-written and absolutely hilarious. I’m a huge fan of all things Hell and Fire, so I enjoyed this one, especially since it deviates from the ominous nature of punishment. The word choice really got to me, and your writing style is something many could immediately relate to. Keep it up, would love to see this come to fruition.

P.S. I named my hellhound Mrs. O’Leary. Bless your heart. I love that thing to bits already.

4 Likes

Yes, Dante’s views of Hell were…interesting. And thanks for reminding me to add a pronoun choice for the pet.

3 Likes

I understand that there are no Coups or all that but i hope the game is not entirely static, If you want to have the contrast with normal I think promotion should be possibility. i mean Ordinary Bureocrat game except set in Hell.

Also not fan of the y in Lucifer, perhaps switching from Lucy to Laicy ? because the contrast of Ordinaly name Lucy and Formal Lucius doesnt quite fit.

Also loved the pun and References in the Gabriel Michael, Ariel. 3 Archangels and then you actually managed to find names that fit naming pattern.

Lucifer also comes out as bit Too familirial, I would go less desperate and more There is too much bureocracy and we need more people and you fit so im prepared to treat you as valued Employe. Less of friend asking you to join startup more of Friendly Boss thinking you are right fit and it would be advantageous to both.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d just go with “Lucifer” for a masculine or feminine Lucifer. Corporeal beings get so fussed about about such matters, the incorporeal are more pragmatic.

4 Likes

True but the point here is both the pun and informal name. You cant exactly go with Alex if you want to keep the pun.

3 Likes

I loved it! I want to play more. By the way, I now have a hellcat :grin:

2 Likes

I’m glad you liked it! Unfortunately, updates are tied up with a lot of other stuff, so I have no idea when I can update next. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Good opening, I am of course immediately imagining a female devil as Liz Hurley… :laughing:

1 Like

A job I never knew I wanted before playing your WIP. Imagine that.

A demo I never knew I wanted before playing your WIP. Imagine that.

Okay, I had slight suspicions about liking this part before playing your WIP. Imagine that.

In short.
Loving the writing style.
Props for the word play.
How high up the company ladder can we climb?

4 Likes

Glad you liked it!

So, um, there’s no actual corporate ladder to climb. There aren’t promotions, although there could be opportunities to get different, more specific jobs. Hell is most insistent on equality.

3 Likes

Interesting. I will be keeping an eye on this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.