The Oval Office : READ LAST POST

It’s sad, but it’s way too true :pensive:

1 Like

The ethnic choices in this game are kind of confusing… You have so many choices amd differentiate between Latino and Hispanic but “Middle Eastern” and “Asian” are both homogeneous groups… And there isn’t even an option to choose more than one. Like, if it weren’t for differentiating Hispanic and Latin it’d make some sense as a “this is how people see you” type thing, like how everyone says Barack Obama is black, but that’ doesn’t seem to be the case. Are Slavs Caucasian or Asian? Are Indonesians Indian, Asian, or Pacific Islander?

4 Likes

I was on the old list and thought I still had my spot so I didn’t respond. Then I haven’t been on the Forums since Thursday so I missed this post. So would it be possible for me to still secure a place as the Director of the FBI?

1 Like

I appreciate your input. I will add that to the game to pick up to 2 different races. As far as determining what your ethnicity is, you really just need to pick the race, not where the ethicity group came from. Like for example Slavs come from both European and Asian countries, but in this game where the race came from doesn’t matter, as you are the President of the United States, where you have to be born there to be elected.

Also, as far as I know, everyone thinks Barack Obama is black, the only real controversy was whether or not he was born in Hawaii (a state) or somewhere else (Kenya). Maybe this is what you are talking about?

You can, as long as anyone else doesn’t claim it. If a position/character of a person is claimed by more than person, then it will be determined by who claimed it first. In about 2-3 hours, I will post the list of spots (all are available and perhaps add some more, either myself or with suggestions.) So be by an electronic device soon, cause first come, first serve!

Another milestone!
The Oval Office has reached 5000 playthroughs! Thank you so much everyone for all of your help getting to this point, and for future efforts to get this story published! I’m happier than beyond words! THANK YOU! :joy: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Can I be an old college friend that now works with Putin (or whoever is the prez of Russia in the game)?

This would be me on the weekends

2 Likes

Oh poor Pepe how the mighty have fallen

3 Likes

That doesn’t really make it any less confusing. Hispanic and Latin have a huge amount of overlap with Hispanic referring to “spanish speaking” while Latin refers to the area of Latin America. At least that’s one set of definitions, but most people don’t even seem to differentiate at all. People are different “races” because of where their ancestors came from. I’m just trying to figure out what the purpose of the feature is. It seems like there’s no reason to limit it if it’s just cosmetic. If it’s not just cosmetic it’s not clear what its actual purpose is.

As for President Obama I’m talking about the fact that his mom was white. His dad was African yes, but it’s safe to assume that like the vast majority of sexually reproducing living beings he got half his genes from his dad, and half from his mom. He’s actually half black and half white, but people think of him as just “black.” Also, the place he came from really does matter since among other things, when he was born there were still anti-miscegenation laws in several states, whereas in Hawaii it’s almost surprising to meet someone who isn’t mixed.

1 Like

You will have the option of going to basketball or baseball matches as president

5 Likes

@Spyder
Will we have a first pet?
Every president (except the current one) had one.

8 Likes

If we can have a first pet, then I want a freakin’ strange pet like an alligator like good ol’ Teddy Roosevelt. Dude was such a boss in real life

4 Likes

Seriously? No one else thought of this? This is legendary :joy:
I’ll wait until the next chapter to add this as a feature :smile:
Also it’s sucks that there is no presidential pet in the White House right now… It probably would’ve been forgotten about anyways :disappointed:

9 Likes

I’d want a bush baby or a kitten, something super cute :stuck_out_tongue: . Also arg just noticed I accidently deleted my last post :frowning: . Didn’t do a full playthrough with regards to noting down typos and such, but one thing I thought of was maybe have an option if we go to our interview nude to say we want to set an example for America, that if nothing else this term will be the term nudity became legalised :stuck_out_tongue: .

Edit: oh yeah and I also liked that you mentioned an office romance, that yp is criminally underrated.

6 Likes

Or a bear like Lord Byron.

Or… why not both?

7 Likes

I want a platypus as my pet

4 Likes

Don’t forget to name him Perry

4 Likes

ooh. i loved perry the platypus. Best character of phineas and ferb.

7 Likes

So Which country are we gonna conquer today ?

5 Likes

Ideally, all of them. Or, at the very least, somewhere with nice weather and luxury suites.

Going back to the topic, I quite like the amount of characterization here. My MC is a Muslim Republican from Alabama. Heh.

Interested to see how this piece will be adapted to the Age of Trump (the military background lists our past through the Obama administration, but nothing further).

6 Likes