The Oval Office : READ LAST POST

Yo, Justice, aka Spyder here.

I fcked up. I know. I fcked up real bad.
The first thing I should do is NEVER EVER promise you guys a date. I should know that by now.

Man, fuck.

I apologize guys, for once again screwing up and not getting the chapter done on time.

And sorry @DUNGEON_MASTER

I have been EXTREMELY busy over the last few days and have had things to do.

Its… kinda embarrasing, but numbers aren’t my forte. As a result, during my junior year I fcked up in Advanced Trig as was sent to fcking summer school. It only lasts a month, but there are NO computers avaliable, nor can I use my phone, except for a 30 minute lunch period. Long story short, my time has been taken.

Before I had to go, I was planning on releasing a chapter every two weeks, or less. At this junction, it’ll probably be about a chapter a MONTH.

Once again, I’m sorry for going MIA on you guys, but just wanted to let you know what’s been going on. I didn’t come with a chapter unfortunately, but will soon, as I am about 60 percent done. I am finished with the agenda part, halfway through family time/time with potential RO’s and haven’t started on the “world tour” yet.

I might cut that part out for an exclusive, seperate chapter if you guys want. It DEFINITELY would be easier on me, as putting that in another separate chapter would put the first chapter at 80-90 perent done. But at the same time, it would be about 30-40 percent less of a chapter (roughly around the same length of the prologue) and would be less of a reward for such a long waiting time.

So…

Rather me cut it short so you can get the chapter sooner, OR wait for the 30-40% bigger chapter, and therefore better reward?

I can’t physically poll for the options so I will just tally up the individual responses. I will probably cut it by FRIDAY morning, which will give me enough time and enough answers for a fairer poll.

See ya’ll later!

P.S: I just looked over the responses to the chapter names, and should have a choice by tomorrow.

P.P.S: Thank you @AmericanShakespeare, @INDOMINUS and @DUNGEON_MASTER for answering questions and keeping the peace! Many, many thanks to you all.

11 Likes

If you want then I can create a poll for you.

I will support a bigger more rewarding chapter.

3 Likes

Sure, thanks a lot buddy!

1 Like

No matter what happened, I’ll support you all the way. You did a great job. Keep the good work

5 Likes

There is a poll in 1st post.

Tell us what you guys want a big update or a quick one.

3 Likes

sucks man but no problem man you take as much time as you need make this game as best you can and do not worry about how long it takes trust me when i say the people on this site are the best when it comes to waiting i wish you best of luck. jack major

3 Likes

The poll shows an overwhelming favorite, so I might as well just call it.

With 80 percent of the total vote, A BIG UPDATE has won the contest! That means that the new chapter won’t be ready by the end of the week. Probably not next weekend either. But the wait will be worth it!

Thanks so much for understanding everyone! See ya’ll later!

14 Likes

Interesting WiP so far, excited to see the next big update :wink:

Picked up quite a few minor typos. Will dm you with screenshots :slight_smile:

2 Likes

pushed a new update with typos fixed :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

The new chapter is at 60 percent done- the agenda has been finished, and the RO/family scenes have been completed. I would have released it today, but the poll asked for the bigger update.

Will see ya’ll soon!

16 Likes

By the way, @Pandini and @DUNGEON_MASTER, anything about the chapter name contest? I probably just missed the post, but I was pretty proud of the names I entered.

3 Likes

Spyder is still thinking about the chapter name and no post has been made to address the matter.

I think he is more focused on completing the chapter before naming it.

8 Likes

No offense, but I honestly won’t ever play a game where I have to pick a vice president that’s either democratic or republican. I sincerely and strongly dislike both parties. Maybe add an independent option? (if you want. all up to you.)

8 Likes

3 Likes

Uh… I believe what @Twiger_Fluff was trying to say was to have a Vice President from Independent party

10 Likes

youre everywhere shakepseare😂

2 Likes

Arizonas where its at my dude😎

1 Like

Could I make polygamy legal because I always go for the harem endings if not having mistresses work as well

4 Likes

Consider it a political deal. You were popular enough as an Independent, but not popular enough to win alone. So both parties approached you and offered you one of their promising young stars as a Vice President. You get to be the first independent and they get their new star candidate some executive-level experience.

Not to mention the power of the VP is solely at your discretion, aside from their tiebreaking vote they can only do what you let them. A vast majority in the VP’s in US history did absolutely nothing at all, they were largely seen as ways to get more votes. It’s only in the past 30 or so years that Vice-Presidents have gotten more ‘power’.

7 Likes

Not to mention that there are many cases where you have members of the major parties that are only there because they have to be or because they agree in principle on certain things like Bernie Sanders.

5 Likes