The Oval Office : READ LAST POST

You could add academic background. Right now there’s business, military and politic but I know that loads of teachers and doctors became politicians.

4 Likes

@Spyder I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond and i hold no offense and thank you for the chance to say give a concise view of Republican politics.
The Republican party is a fiscally conservative political party that believes in smaller federal government and more responsibility in the hands of the state governments. The ethical principles of the party are strongly rooted Christianity such as the view of marriage being between a man and a woman as well as their stance on abortion is that it is murder of an innocent child. Some views of the group do conflict with Christian philosophy such as the support of the death penalty. The parties stance on social programs is that it is not the governments responsibility to take from others to give to others. How to help the smallest of society is the responsibility of each individual in society and it is their choice if they should help or not and not have an authoritarian figure dictate how they use their money.

3 Likes

Would it be alright if I use this definition? It seems to hit all of the correct values. And it must be true coming from a Republican.
@DUNGEON_MASTER Im going to replace the definition with this one.

This is a great idea. In the option where you choose to have a spouse or not, I will add an option where after the Game asks you if you ever had a spouse, there will be a choice that will say, “I used to be in love with someone.” And the two choices after that would be that your former spouse either left you/divorced you or died either giving birth or from another cause, but you can be a single parent if you chose to have kids.

2 Likes

“HA! In your face, RICK! Look who’s president NOW!!!” Is what I imagine what my MC would say after the divorce.

2 Likes

Well this might be considered a minor nitpick. But a female President is supposed to be addressed as “Madam President”, not as “Ms. President”.
It is proper protocol in most countries to address a democratically female head of state as “Madam President”

4 Likes

You’re right! My apologies. Someone else told me that it wouldn’t be proper. Will change it in the next update. See ya!

1 Like

Not sure if it’s been mentioned above but any chance we can pick our rough age? I know the game mentions our character is 40 but it would be nice if we could go a little younger. Not American myself but I gather the youngest a President can be is 30? It’s not essential though.

EDIT: Also what does one call the First Lady if the President is female, have that actually be decided yet? First Husband, First Man?

2 Likes

Strictly speaking, the youngest a president can be is 35, but more often than not we elect people who are much much older than that due to notions regarding experience.

Also, if we choose to be the first female president, we can potentially set the precedent for how husbands can be called if we so desire. (wink wink @Spyder)

3 Likes

Or First Gentleman…

2 Likes

OK. I will add ages 35, 45, 55 and 65. There will be benefits and drawbacks for every age.

3 Likes

Trump is 70 though, so shouldn’t you add 75 too?

1 Like

Sounds like that could work pretty well, maybe something about a more youthful president being more attractive, fit and charismatic versus the experience and wisdom of an older president?

1 Like

I think with 75 it gets harder to imagine the President having any sort of solid romance without it being a wife/husband or considered a tad creepy.

2 Likes

Okay, I don’t want to be an asshole, but can you keep your Trump, Hillary and other stuff to yourselves? It’s just annoying when I scroll down and many posts are not even in half about the game. It’s especially annoying for people who are not from America… (Like me) Discuss it on pm or something and not the game page.

Now about a game… Im not good on reviewing… But otherwise it’s pretty K, compared to other stuff on the forum.

Also plz guys, don’t report this post, just cuz you’re some feminist or Trump supporter or I dunno what else, as I’ve said im not interested in these.

5 Likes

This game is about the American oval office which is about the US. Trump, Clinton and “other stuff” like what to call the First Dud if a woman is elected President are all a part of that… seriously.

Perhaps this game about American Presidency and everything that entails in today’s world is not for you.

7 Likes

This is not about Trump,Clinton and “other stuff”.This a game about playing a fictional leader of a country.There are plenty of works of fiction out there where a real country has a fictional leader and the story never makes any major references to the countries real historical leaders. Spyder has made no indication so far that this game is going to bring up real usa presidents or presidential candidates in a major way. This is a thread about the development of a work of fiction in a forum about works of fiction.It is not a place for you to keep complaining about real politicians and not add anything to the game development.

4 Likes

I’m sorry but you are wrong on many levels.

of the US not “a country” … Just to be clear 0 here is the development notes:

Just to be absolutely clear:

Not important to the discussion of this game.

On the contrary - the name of this game is a huge indicator that this is about the US - the age requirements are also, among other things such as adopting the real Republican party platform …

If you feel something doesn’t pertain to this WiP, flag it and the moderators will make up their mind.

If you feel a post does not belong here - flag it; its that simple. American politics is part of this game’s development. It belongs here.

3 Likes

I think you misinterpreted my post.I’m fine with discussing the way the usa political system is set up,but I simply don’t think people should use this thread to complain about Trump or Hillary.If you wish to share your thoughts on the last usa election and the qualities of the candidates then there are plenty of other places on the internet to do so.

3 Likes

Can you please point those posts out, because I reviewed the thread and while I did see a comment within posts the posts all were relatively on-point. Ultimately it is the author himself @Spyder that will draw the line on how much to let go or not - some authors are more comfortable then others.

2 Likes