The Oval Office : READ LAST POST

OK. In the next update, I will add hair-length specific style options after the hair length choices. Thanks for pointing it out!

2 Likes

I just played through, and was also about ask a bit more about the race options, since I myself am Arab-American, but Iā€™m glad someone already did. Other than that, I enjoyed what you had, and look forward to see what comes next.

2 Likes

Things that will be addressed in the next update:
Adding specific styles for certain hair lengths
Adding gray eyes
All races separate from each other (no slashes)
More dialogue for spouses after you reach the White House
Kids!

If there are any more story problems or suggestions, reply to this thread or tag me. For all coding problems (exposed code, stat errors, gender-flipping, etc) make sure to tag @DUNGEON_MASTER.
Thanks everybody! The view count has already exceeded 300 in the first day! Thatā€™s so awesome!

4 Likes

Wow so the demo was short but it got my attention. Cant wait to create a green dictatorship.

3 Likes

I think what I most like about this thread is how many people canā€™t wait to mess stuff up! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Actually i have updated the game and inserted grey eyes

3 Likes

Love the game and Iā€™ve been waiting on this one but got one quick question: will nicknames be added later on? There are a few presidents and politicians both fictional and real that donā€™t typically go by there actual name (Bill Clinton, Mitt Romney, Fitzgerald Grant from Scandal,etcā€¦) and was just curious if it would be a feature.

2 Likes

Great demo, love the character creation

2 Likes

@Spyder its a little unnerving to post in such a lefty forum but just to bring a point to your attention that might uh dissuade your right leaning potential customers is how you describe the Republican party in your game " I generally prefer more conservative views such as lower taxes especially for the wealthy as they build our nation, Religion is very important in everyday life and no-noā€™s to gay marriages and abortion as they go against the Bible and our ideals as Americans. We also support military spending to protect ourselves from terrorism and to be an ally to our friends. As for inside the country, we fight hard on crime and criminals. Welfare should be trimmed down, to only those that deserve it." I donā€™t believe you meant for it to come off child like and tasteless but thatā€™s how it is coming off. You do us a disservice by treating us like children.

Edit I would have it known that a good many people vote Republican just for their anti abortion stance and many of those people are areligious and still consider abortion abhorrent murder.

Edit 2 other than that well done i look forward to seeing your progress.:+1::grinning::+1:

9 Likes

Hey man. Iā€™m sorry for making you guys feel that way, my apologies. I was taking random quotes from the internet, even some from gop.com(the religion and veiws on abortion and gay marriage specifically) and other sites like Wikipedia.com and Quora.com.

I know that results could have been slightly skewed for Democrats and liberals on Google but I didnā€™t know it was (in your opinion) false.

If itā€™s possible, could you either reply to this forum with a proper definition in your own words, or message me? The last thing I want is to make a group of people feel misrepresented. Thanks buddy!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s actually a GREAT idea. Maybe it can be nicknames from the press or the citizens? Or do you mean you make your own nickname?

3 Likes

Lol. How are you going to do that?

1 Like

Same as any other dictatorship except we got treeā€™s on our side for this one. Everyone must have 5 tree minimum on their property otherwise the f*cker get turned into one. Weā€™re gonna save the world boy.

3 Likes

LMAO

TO
THE
YOU
GO

2 Likes

From now on, I will be scheduling chapters. In the process of writing Chapter One. Will introduce spouse, kids (if you want them) or flirting options for the Reporter, Secret Service Agent and your VP. Also will will introduce your stances on hot-topics, able to take a trip to several countries, and meet foreign ministers and presidents. Able to set allies or make enemies of them.

3 Likes

Forget not Prime Minster or King/Emperor (yes, the only Emperor is in Japan)

2 Likes

Either way is fine but it just seemed kind of odd when I was playing to have everyone call me by my full first name instead of the shortened version of it. Very few people call Bill Clinton William or Teddy Roosevelt Theodore so it just seemed like a thing to add for either popularity purposes or to distinguish different levels of familiarity.

2 Likes

It is a good idea but I think a nickname from media or public would be a great thing than a self defined one ( though the latter is easy to code and would provide a greater level of customisation )

3 Likes

Itā€™s a relatively ā€œnormalā€ thing to have radicals in the opposition party criticize the current president and causing a ruckus,but it could be interesting if the player character had to deal with radicals within their own party. Acknowledging that every potential party has a ā€œdark sideā€ would be interesting from a narrative perspective and help prevent the game from becoming biased in favor of a specific set of values.

4 Likes

This game seems to have itā€™s tongue in itā€™s cheek. I love it!!

2 Likes