The Oval Office : READ LAST POST

I find this concept interesting I would definitely purchase it on google play store as well mainly because I would turn America into a Dictatorship.

4 Likes

Nice concept. Interested to see how it develops

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure he said all of those are going to be included.

As for romance, I think it would be nice if you had the option to chose from a selection of first ladies/first husbands who you previously romanced, married and is now your partner, and then you can choose to either be a strong dependable power couple on the world stage, or risk having affairs and dna on dresses. :wink:

That said, it might be interesting to have the option to be a single president too, given that the world would talk about it. As for romance options outside a first lady (whether or not these are affairs or not) I would imagine the logical ones would be a security guard, the chief of staff, personal secretary, maybe some non white house types like a reporter?

Oh and it would be fun to have something at the end to compare to which president you are most like. Me, Iā€™ll be Teddy.

11 Likes

Lesbian first lady. And name-able please.

6 Likes

this sounds so good, Iā€™ve been wanting to play a game like this. thank you

1 Like

#non-binary please Y/N???

5 Likes

Playing as a tyrant sounds good :smiling_imp: Iā€™m also curious about becoming scientifically superior.

I hope itā€™ll be possible to make choices about each individual issue instead of getting a strictly divided democrat vs republican package deal, because some people donā€™t fully support either party.

4 Likes

I plan to have it where if you lean in the middle on more than a few issues, like abortion, gun control, or foreign affairs, the game will recognize that you have more independent values, rather than either party.
But beware: Alienating yourself from your chosen party could have disastrous (or good) reactions or consequences.

3 Likes

I am currently working with Choicescript, and hopefully, the first chapter will be out soon!! the first chapter will contain about 5k-10k words. This game is officially in beta.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like Hitler or Stalin, by any means, but you can essentially bring the whole country under your control, either by political shrewdness, or by violence or help from another country!!

3 Likes

I am however, a minor (15!!) and am juggling schoolwork along with teenage angst.
Bear with me guys. I will try to keep my ā€œdue datesā€ but I may be a week behind schedule or may have a buggy game.

7 Likes

Sounds good! I think it will be important if you have a President who takes on board all kinds of topical issues not to simply have two sides to an argument. People are going to have all kinds of reasons why they are for against things like abortion, gun control, police security and power and immigration, even in just one party. The player should let the President reflect that, and in turn increase or decrease his friendships with the NRA, Pro Choicers/Lifers, the FBI and so on.

Also think about the supporting characters you want to include, and most importantly of allā€¦ enjoy yourself! Remember that no matter how much we suggest or nag about when we can see something, itā€™s your baby. Take your time and when you think itā€™s worth releasing for us to try out, do so! :slight_smile: Youā€™ve got a good idea on your hands here.

3 Likes

I will have ā€œfactionsā€ of some sort, and some will try to bribe you or even blackmail you if you lived a ā€œdirtyā€ or illegal term. Be careful.

Also, due to the magnitude of this game, I will probably have to add another week to make the WIP out in a month, due to the fact that I am just beginning learning how to do Choicescript.

5 Likes

Will we be able to choose our characterā€™s home state, cause Iā€™m thinking who needs the lower 48? Alaska all the way baby!.

2 Likes

Yes. This is a good idea.

1 Like

Time to be a tyrant!

2 Likes

I assume weā€™ll be able to influence our relationships with different world leaders too? Clearly the big ones would be the British Prime Minister, Russian President, Chinese Premier, a couple of Middle Eastern leaders (including a dictator or two) and the EU states, among others.

2 Likes

Would it be possible to have a meter showing the state of the country? For example we have two options, and they both impact the US but maybe one impacts it more than the other.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget the Australian prime minister.

2 Likes

Totally! @anon57826008 will be a great first lady for my benevolent leadership of the US :wink:

1 Like