The Outsider WIP (July 23, 2018 minor update) Important Poll on #441!

As you guys may have noticed, this thread is open now! Thanks to RET for doing this.

Anyway, good news! I will be able to work on this project within next month or so once I pay for the graphics card replacement in a week or two! And I’m very excited to begin working on this again so I’ve been expanding more on the characters and the plot today.

I decided to have this thread open today because I’ve noticed some people has stumbled across this recently and clicked the “like button” and has sent me PMs talking about how they enjoyed this brief demo I have out currently. So why not make it easier for you guys to interact on here while I work on getting the replacement? :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Ahhh welcome back to the land of the living

1 Like

What? I wasn’t even aware that I died?!

Haha just kidding but thank you!

I like what is there! :smile:

And a tiny error report; I picked girl and when asked to choose skin colour it referred to my character as he on the first line:

Also, if I may suggest, an option for grey eyes and red hair? :relaxed:

Ah yeah, someone already reported on that but thank you for reminding me. :slight_smile:

Done! I will add these options when I am able to.

1 Like

That looks promising. To be honest you had me at superhero.
So obviously even if you’re trying to build this from scratch, I guess you’ll have to work hard and come up with something to make us forget that we are not, in fact Superman :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah a story where you are potentially the strongest person in the whole world (and a potential threat obviously) seems very interesting.

Especially if Batman is a woman

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind comment. :slight_smile: I am aware of the problem of making sure the reader doesn’t feel like Superman at all so I might make this story take heavy inspiration from Japanese anime since most CoG and Hosted superhero stories seems to take some inspiration from the comics.

While it is true that your character will grow to be the most powerful being on Earth, there will be others out there in the universe that outclasses your strength, hence the reason why this story will have a team up with the other unique superheroes of Earth such as Enju, Blur and Demolish.

2 Likes

Drawing inspiration from manga and anime is clearly an interesting way to write about superhero ! I like it and will follow your work ! Good luck !

1 Like

As long as I get to be Morally Grey Anti-Hero Superman.

I actually have some ideas dealing with this written down in my notebook! While you can’t be outright evil in this story (to be honest, that kind of route wouldn’t make too much sense in the story that I’d like to tell) you can definitely be an anti-hero if you choose to be. But I feel like I must stress in the fact that the team up will be required eventually.

1 Like

Anti-Heroes aren’t evil, at least not to me. To me, they’re someone who will do what they feel is right, even if everyone sees it as wrong. I actually made a mention of this in another thread.

As you can see here. It was in the thread asking what you preferred to play whether Hero, Villain or Anti-Hero.

In here. I just took a screenshot cuz I'm feeling a bit lazy lol

2 Likes

Yeah it is true that being an anti-hero doesn’t mean that you’re necessarily evil, Deadpool/Wolverine/Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z are the most clear examples of that trope.

I didn’t mean to imply that being one would make you evil, I was really explaining why there wouldn’t be a villian route in this story. Sorry for the confusion!

However, I will allow the readers to be an anti-hero if they want to be and I’d have to think up of something that will give you the choice to be a superhero or an anti-hero that will do necessary evil in order to bring about the greater good for everyone kind of like Doctor Doom and Magneto from Marvel comics. They did some real evil stuff it was done for the greater good, Doom’s home country where he is King and Magneto doing it for the greater good of the mutants because of his past as a Jewish person and World War 2.

2 Likes

You have my full support! Have a hug!

<3

c0fe84792af5858f21656cd2d535e6689384a158476aa803e658417ac3a2092e

5 Likes

Is that Monika from doki doki literature club ? Dear god I still haven’t recovered from that game

1 Like

Yay! Virtual hugs! Haha thanks.

2 Likes

I still haven’t deleted her.

1 Like

Man,i love it. this has potential to be one of the best games made with choice script. If you need beta testers or suggestions please let me know (im a huge fan of superheroes so im really happy to see something like that )

1 Like

Thank you @Pedro_Ferreira! That means alot to me. I’m always open for suggestions to add to the story but as for beta testing, it would be too soon to be asking for it now lol but I’ll be sure to ask for beta testers when the time does come for it.

LOL ,sorry man, I’m not familiar with these terms, actually I’m not even an English speaker, I’ve learned by myself. Soo talking about the game,it will be amazing, i have two questions : will have a fight between your batman like character and the MC? and the wonder woman like character (if she exists) will be an RO.

One suggestion: you could let the reader decide the gender of some heroes of the group (if you think that worth it )