The Outsider WIP (July 23, 2018 minor update) Important Poll on #441!

1.) Iā€™m still debating on that actually as Iā€™m fleshing out some of the characters but Iā€™m positive I might end up adding a character with that kind of role.
2.) Not exactly a gloryhound but you can choose be arrogant in battle through words and actions.
3.) While I do intend on changing up the MCā€™s appearance for the super transformation, I donā€™t really plan on making it a regular thing since it would become pretty bland and too OP throughout the story if I added it eariler on.

1 Like

Well, Chapter One may be coming sooner than I anticipated in the first place. All thanks to insomnia. As for the character customization, Iā€™ll allow you to input the first name that youā€™d like to go by but your last name will be permanently Johnson for story purposes, as well being allowed to choose to be male or female. Skin, hair and eye colors will be added. But it may be short since I intend to make the first several chapters based on the MC growing up as a baby through their childhood then finally adulthood. That means you wonā€™t be meeting the team for a while, and I still plan on basing the stats on the personality as I explained in the introduction so that may be a little tricky to pull off. When Iā€™m finished writing up Chapter One and post it, the updates will be put on hold while I research more into the personality traits that Iā€™d like to give to the characters you will be interacting with to make it all natural.

4 Likes

All hail insomnia, writer of novels, coder of games, destroyer of plans!

4 Likes

Lol right! I was planning on taking a 2 hour nap but it turned into a 13 hour sleep. Shiiiiiiiiiiit. Oh well, back to work on Chapter One!

1 Like

Chapter One is now up! Now available with choices to customize your MC. I hope you all will enjoy what I wrote for it.

4 Likes

love it kind of idunno waiting for more

Itā€™s good but definitely needs a lot more work. It felt rushed and you need to think a little more about how your going to make the whole ā€œwe need to take and shelter this kidā€ thing work. There needs to be a little more motivation behind Jonathan and Mary just opting to take this strange child and hide the space ship because it doesnā€™t make sense that they would automatically want to do that. Perhaps something like this would work. There is a little baby. Naturally, it canā€™t be left in the cold. Mary and Jonathan take her home but plan to call the police next day. Maybe, the next day strange people in black suits show up asking if they have seen anything suspicious. They are interviewing (interrogating) the couple but give off a dangerous vibe. Jonathan gets bad feelings about these people and decides they canā€™t turn the child over to the authorities and now need to protect them. I donā€™t know, this is just an idea but it just doesnā€™t make sense to me that they are going to just say ā€œwe need to hide this space ship!ā€ Also what is the point in making the MC look like the adopted parents? I mean itā€™s not a bad idea but curious why you did that.

1 Like

The plot isnā€™t exactly 100% fleshed out as Iā€™d like it at the moment, and keep in mind that this is my first time doing something like this so thereā€™s bound to be errors and trails for me to learn from. For a while, my main focus has been learning how to code and fleshing out the charactersā€™ personalities and itā€™ll be that way for a while. The reason why I put up chapter one like that is because some people has expressed their unhappiness with how short the story was and I share that feeling as well. But in the future, Iā€™ll be expanding on it to make it natural. You can say itā€™s pretty much a prototype of the story I want to write but whenever I am finished writing this, itā€™ll be much better than my original attempt. Iā€™ll also let everyone know that Iā€™ll be taking my time to research and write the basic outline, charactersā€™ personalities, the choices that will be available so donā€™t be expecting an update to this anytime soon but also expect a bigger update when Iā€™m done doing that.

1 Like

Ah, Iā€™m sorry. I understand what you are trying to do. Guess I didnā€™t really know what kind of feedback you were looking for. I hope you arenā€™t offended by what I said. Anyway, youā€™re doing a great job. A lot more than I could do.

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m not offended, Iā€™m very much open to all kind of feedback that someone wants to give me, so thank you for that. But I just wanted to be honest with everyone as well.

1 Like

i like it so farā€¦

1 Like

Thank you Carson! Iā€™m sure once I come around with the next update, youā€™ll like it more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will there be more hair colour options or perhaps to dye it diffrent colour later maybe in rebel teen years

1 Like

Honestly I donā€™t really see the point of having the option of dying the hair during the teen years since Iā€™m planning on making the first several chapters somewhat short because itā€™ll be more about the character development of the MC and some certain characters that will be around during that time, and the chapters will be significantly longer once the MC becomes an adult. But Iā€™ll add more hair colors, just need some suggestions for it.

2 Likes

Can there be a symbol of our race on the baby and can we later change into what our race looks like that would be cool

1 Like

Spoilers, spoilers. Lol :wink:

So I figure since the updates are on hold while I do my research, Iā€™ll give you guys a quote that will perfectly describe a character I have in mind.

ā€œNihilism is not only despair and negation, but above all the desire to despair and to negate.ā€ -Albert Camus

As you can see by the quote, nihilism will be one of the themes of the story. I always had a interest in that philosophy and Iā€™m very excited to have it involved in this.

1 Like

Oh did I just spoil or something I was just trying to give you stuff that we probably wanted in it

Haha no you didnā€™t spoil anything at all. But a symbol is definitely happening though. Every superhero needs one.

Oh I thought about the symbol more for his race since he a alien technically I thought all his kind had one on there body somewhere

Well Iā€™m afraid youā€™d have to wait and find out lol

On a serious note, I just spent the last hour doing research and taking notes. And guess what? I filled out 5 pages alreadyā€¦ I got a feeling Iā€™m going to have more than 100 pages by the time Iā€™m finished researchingā€¦ And itā€™s just only 3% of what I want so farā€¦ Wow.