The Outsider WIP (July 23, 2018 minor update) Important Poll on #441!

lol I just realized that you got a character named Harold.

1 Like

How could you?..
:cry:

I’m sorry! I’ll change it as soon I find another “dad” name :astonished:

1 Like

What? No, I simply said how could you forget my favorite character. It’s not like I own the name so I don’t see why you would.

1 Like

Haha well that’s a good thing though. Harold is a pretty great character in your game

1 Like

Great dad name: Jonathan.

Reference to superman’s adoptive father. :smiley:

1 Like

Okay now I like it better than Harold. Also fits since this story is inspired by Superman, Goku and Captain America.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the story right now looks heavily inspired by superman, so you’ll have to think of some many unique ideas to differ it from uh…Superman.

2 Likes

Right, that’s my main concern besides coding. I want to make the MC a completely unique character with abilities that you’d normally see in comics or anime.

2 Likes

Sounds really interesting!! I can’t wait for the demo :smiley:
Also it would be nice to have RO that’s a man instead just a girl. (Or just make player have a chance to choose enju’s gender) maybe i need tp wait for the updates to say more about ROs

1 Like

There will be male ROs. I do plan on making the MC gender-choice so you can play as male or female as well.

2 Likes

So what if instead of freeze breath he has fire breath and instead of heat ray he has freze ray
And no weaknes at all and in new moon he becomes a small teddy bear just to keep things interesting :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Since you said mc will be alien…im wondering how much ‘‘alien’’ will s/he be will they be human lookin but from space or more monster like

100% alien but completely looks like a human.

2 Likes

[smashes the door down like I’m the Kool-Aid man]

DID SOMEBODY SAY SUPERHEROES

Ok but seriously, superheroes are like my favorite freaking genre. I’M ALL ABOUT SUPERHEROES.
I had an entire shrine dedicated to Marvel characters when I was in middle school that was slowly supplanted by Deadpool and Star Wars.

I just…really love superheroes.

As @EditorAvila has already mentioned, this is the type of story where you really need to have a preconceived plot before you start hashing out details like stats and whatnot.

If you have the plot already, then it becomes a more simple matter of figuring out the various ways the character can achieve their goal.

Say the plot is as simple as trying to defeat the Lex Luthor expy. Say they’re trying to…[throws dart] manufacture a dangerous mind control serum but under the guise of…[spins wheel] a soda?

From there you can start planning possible ways for the MC (and presumably the rest of the team) to defeat him, and then from there you’ll get an idea of what kind of stats, mechanics, and story branches you’ll need.

It could be as simple as ‘#use your civilian guise as a news reporter to find evidence of his crimes!’ and then the MC does a series of stealth and investigation checks, meaning that you’ll have to create those stats.
You could even have instances where you need help investigating with a fellow reporter, and depending on your relationship with them can help or hinder you, maybe they could even be an RO if we’re going Lois Lane on it.

But yeah, with superhero stories in particular, the main plot is the necessary foundation for all following characters, mechanics, and story branches to develop from organically.

7 Likes

@rose-court Somehow I had a feeling that you’d jump on this thread sooner or later lol but on a serious note, I do have the main plot thought of. In fact, it’s kind of the reason why I made this interest check in the first place. It’s just not gonna go away until I write about it due to my very active imagination but as you said, I’ll definitely write the branching stories to fit in with the main plot and the characters involved while considering the gradual character development. Every good game needs those anyway! I must also admit I’m liking the idea of possibly romancing a human that isn’t part of the team so that will be considered as well. Although, I want to make this a good game for the readers that is interested, I also want to, say, write some intense stuff so I might consider adding death to the story as well to make it seem like no one, not even your MC, could get out of it safely since I don’t want necessarily make the MC too OP for the story so he/she will be prone to serious injuries. But as for the stats things, I want to make it based on personality so what if I added “Subtlety” where if you have it high enough, you can pass the stealth check versus “Direct” which would mean the MC will be reckless through actions or words?

2 Likes

Subtlety vs. Direct sounds like it can have pretty hilarious applications beyond just stealth checks, I approve!

3 Likes

Raven from Teen Titans can also be considered the rebel/brains of that group, correct? If not, there is also Wolverine from the X-men.

2 Likes

Man right now I’m thinking about making a scene where the MC and the rebel hero would try to break in somewhere but the MC is too loud due to high Direct stat and the rebel would be like “Oh… That was real subtle…” in a mocking tone. lol better save that idea for later!

3 Likes

Ok, that sounds like it would be freaking amazing! Anyways, this story definitely sounds like something I could get into. And truth be told, I was thinking of Goku as I read the plot :sweat_smile:

1 Like