The Operative: Fires of Revolution (Scifi WIP) (Updated 12/17/2018)

science-fiction
gender-choice

I imagine my MC to look like this guy from the Carcharodon Astra

they also have black orbs for eyes

300px-Sharks_Bitch!

I imagined mine to be basicaly a sci fi Corvo Atano

Light armored nanoweave wearer could slip around you and drop a blade or gun right into that weakpoint
big tank like him is not gonna cut it vrs speed.
Edit: joints, under chestplate design, neck guard, hips…

I see my operative as a Vindicare Assasin

Not against a space marine from 40k they are fast as hell for there size and weight.

Especially if you’re up against a primaris, the raven guard or the white scars or blood angels who are all much faster than the average marine. And may the God-Emperor have mercy if you face a terminator (there’s terminator armor pattern that gives you the same protection as other patterns but keeps the speed of power armor but I forgot its name. And apparently Gabriel Angelos wears it because he can backflip in terminator armor T̶h̶a̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶C̶.̶S̶ ̶G̶o̶t̶o̶!̶)

I think the starcraft human tank is not as fast as warhammer40k… they need support from other units to cover their flank…

That’s why i choose Liana and Designate 6 to stay close and cover my flank… :slight_smile:

I’m a bit rusty but aren’t those guys conscripts and their armor is just a glorified prison.
So why would you prefer them over the noble sons of the God-Emperor ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

thats becuase 40k is a op beast that contradicts itself to suit its needs and has been over engineered to equate to godhood.
starcraft human tank is closer to down to earth. makes sense to have backup noone can do it on their own in theory unless they are never seen.

Dare you insult Our spiritual liege ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
The ultramarines and grey Knights are the finest children of the emperor and depicting them as anything less is heresy

That was Jim’s friend…Lol, Jim got his own Suit…

Well i do feel the story line of Warcraft is much more warm hearted and perhaps more story oriented… problem with Warhammer 40k is those guys are too powerful, almost non weakness at all , and when we are too powerful, there aren’t much of a story to tell right? :-):wink: that weak spot you notice , is the perfect excuse i want Liana to stay close to me :-):relaxed:

But ultimately , i love Sarah Kerrigan… so this Warcraft armour has sentimental value for me …hahaha :-):grin:

And that’s why I enjoy the imperial guard more :wink: badass normals in a universe filled with gods

on his Wunderkind Smurfs who seem to not have defeat in their vocabulary, tanks that have design flaws that make tankers cringe on sight, not his fault he didnt get advisement to build anything.
however its fun to read about ignoring its absurdity.
the spiritual leige is cool. the emperor is just a nearly god like entity that the humans and eldar tried to work together to fix the throne to save him but only prolonged the enevitable. long live the new cannons leader.

buuuuut anyway back to the story before somone beats us with a derailing stick.

“Spiritual liege” is more of an insult than an affrctionate title actually :laughing:
Long live Aaron Dembski Bowden and Dan Abnett!
And yeah, let’s stop this discussion before we derail any further :yum:

yay for derailing :joy: and nay for derailing lol

Eh, I’m on the fence about it.
If you’re ok with it then yay

Lol I think it happens naturally in conversation, as long as it eventually circles back to the discussion at hand I don’t mind.

IMG_20180904_154715_246

Now I can go back to ranting about Spiritual liege and He who must not be named

Yeah… i think what we discuss is important to your story too…
It is about whether you would create godlike power for MC , i means if you give us Warhammer 40k type armour , ultimately it will result to less drama and more individual heroism…

If you give us Starcraft type armour, perhaps there will be more tactical approach and more drama due to our vulnerability … we could be injured during a battle and require help from our RO :slight_smile:

Clearly you’ve never seen the imperial guard in action :laughing: