The Operative: Fires of Revolution (Scifi WIP) (Updated 10/31/2021)

Just some thoughts while I’m working on this, I think Ari is also due for a rewrite for their introduction. It’s too fast and doesn’t let the reader get a feel for them as a character before you are asked what your relationship is.

My thoughts on fixing it are to merely prolong the first flashback to a little before the battle and fill in from there, which I’ve got an outline for already.
Then I hope to expand some, other things that I’m sure you will run into eventually haha

7 Likes

@0ccasionalNewb no worries and your welcome :smiley:

@spytim that sounds like a good idea to me lol having more content exspecially something that helps is good in my book :smiley: I look forward to seeing it.

4 Likes

Yeah, I concur, having to just imagine them as your “ideal partner” is not ideal.

1 Like

No worries :blush: I only know it because it was the game that got me into CYOA and hence I stalk it every few months to see if there are any news :joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Happy birthday… I think :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

Updated introduction to Ari, should be a little better, gonna flesh it out over the next few updates but you should be able to tell where im taking her characterization, before it wasn’t anywhere like I wanted it.

(Also yay me I worked till I turned older lol )

7 Likes

I must say, the WIP is really interesting…but the background doesn’t make much sense politically speaking.
I just don’t see how the US would ever ally itself with Russia but throw the UK under the bus and how the latter would go with China of all countries. Imo switching Russia with the UK would make a lot more sense and make this world much more credible.

6 Likes

I’ve waited for so long and I’m glad that it’s back.

1 Like

Fixed a bug in the first changes. Also working on the actual full update lol.
@Nexus yay!

4 Likes

I mean a lot can happen in a few hundred years. And there is the space travel thing making the geographic distances void (you see what I did there :joy::sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

@Vofademp
@Isi_Talks
I’m meaning to make the beginning history shorter and a little more vague anyway. Only history that needs to be known is closer to the start of the story.

2 Likes

Saves are working now :grinning:

1 Like

I haven’t play the updated version, so I did play it about a week ago and I’m not getting some of these scenes. Will replay it again to make sure, also gives me an excuse to replay the game again.

2 Likes

Is the end of the demo when it’s talking about you opening a minor? It goes into what I’m assuming is archive stuff, personnel and such, and then they’re saying there was a 404 error. When I reload it, it goes to the beginning again.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know

1 Like

That was a nice minor update ari feels more of a person then random insert from the MC past

2 Likes

Does it? I was hoping it would help :slight_smile:

It would be nice if we had more interactions with them in flash backs or you know a prequel :wink::wink:

1 Like

Oh there will be more

3 Likes