The One Chosen (WIP; updated 16/04/2024)

why cant they ever get it right the first time? we have better things to do than battle giant (world destroying) demons.

4 Likes

Can we absorb Artie’s powers?

2 Likes

when the duke said he wasn’t interested in charlie and that he only cared about henry all i thought was i want to kill him

9 Likes

Physical: 48
Mental: 2
Social: 24
Total: 74 (New save.)

Hopeful: 70
Mundane: 38
Lawful: 63

Ædmund: 57
Charlie: 65
Dahlia: 65
Helena: 79
Kevin: 64
Max: 61
Teri: 66
Xiulan: 68
Dating Helena.
Artie: 63
Professor Karline: 65
Ædmund chaos stat: 4
Extra stat: 58

1 Like

I am quite enjoying these responses… :innocent:

While I certainly don’t fault you with trusting the Devil over the average politician, I would have hoped that the friends/ROs would have been seen as slightly more trustworthy… :sweat_smile:

Thanks! I thought I’d dealt with that already. :roll_eyes: Well, third time’s the charm (that’s Logical magic, by the way).

No. Somebody else already took them, remember? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So we just need to do the same to them then huh

1 Like

I dont suppose our relative powerlessness in comparison to Artie will ever come into play, will it?

I have to say I’m kinda a sucker for the “I dont have powers so you cant hurt/control me” trope.

6 Likes

:disappointed_relieved: Waifu turned into a tree

1 Like

Just to check, were you using an old save? :thinking:

Strictly speaking, you already have, since this is what allowed you to enter the passage to the Earth dorms. That said, Artie could also enter, as they had all elements, so that might not count…

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Look i trust most of them but Max of course, but no way i am helping those academy people Lmao

Sure Karakhan may be the literal devil elder god that wants to have total control over all humankind and non humans until he dies with the galaxy exploding assuming he isn’t immortal but that’s kinda the whole on point on joining him lol (similiar thing goes for Witchhunters but joining a Eldritch demonic god is much more cooler and seems funnier)

Besides i am sure that Karakhan might just try to pull some things to convince us if we just say “fuck it” to the academy, like pulling a “hey remember how you joined the academy? OH YEAH they kidnapped you through mind control! How fun!” and my theory is that he was the one that oppened Mr Birton door or is the guy himself, depending on what happens I don’t even think that Karakhan would need to try enslave the MC that could join in willingly

But i feel like a Karakhan path would go either :

A) The “Join the Dark Side luke!” Path: “HEY GUYS! It’s me your old pal the MC! i am with Karakhan now! Join me cus our side has free icecream and cooler powers!”

Or

B) The Griffith Path : "You know what? Fuck you and everyone else cus i am joining The Godhe- i mean Karakhan! Kneel before your new god and their new flamboyant second in comannd cus i will do what i want now, MAY CHAOS TAKE THE WORLD!

11 Likes

The bender path: “i’m going to make my own apocalypse with blackjack and hookers”

14 Likes

yup!

1 Like

Thing is Karakan looks like a dog…my mc isn’t exactly fond of that. So I hope the cute elves at least make a better offer, sure, apparently the elves want your soul too…but how bad could that be?
Alder is really, really cute after all and my mc still has a weakness to that, even if he doesn’t trust his own “memories” or lack thereof.

Now…if my mc could somehow steal Karakan’s power…or well most of it at least…that would be a different story and what I was originally trying to go for, but with no memories he’d have no way of doing any research into that, so I don’t think it is going to be possible…sadly enough. :disappointed:

4 Likes

Yeah it couldn’t be that bad, at least they are hot so win i guess, something in my gut tells me that they might not be evil jerkasses, but if they are then oh well I for one salute our new elven overlords, else my surname is not quisling

I find your lack of faith in “dumbass pure luck” to be disturbing…

But stealing Karakhan power seems like a pretty fun idea, i wonder if replacing him as the new Demon Lord would be feasible or if it’s just a demon thing where only he can have the power

4 Likes

Please report these values to the writer:
Aidan Moon:
Physical: 18
Mental: 26
Social: 30
Total: 74 (New save.)

Hopeful: 50
Mundane: 43
Lawful: 60

Ædmund: 67
Charlie: 80
Dahlia: 55
Helena: 68
Kevin: 69
Max: 59
Teri: 64
Xiulan: 63
Dating Charlie and Kevin.
Artie: 60
Professor Karline: 66
Ædmund chaos stat: 6
Extra stat: 65

1 Like

This new chapter is even better than the last. But that cliffhanger is such a tease. How u can so evil like that? This is definitely one of the best wips I’ve read

5 Likes

Poor Max… :sweat_smile:

Well, that’s probably the issue. :sweat_smile: I guess I could try to prevent that from happening in the future, but I don’t think that’s vital right now.

“Dumbass pure luck” is literally the MC’s only power! :grinning:

Thank you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

And it seems to function the same way for them that it does for Al Bundy. Like win 10 million pounds in the lottery then get hit with a lawsuit that puts you out of pocket for 10 million and fifty pounds. :unamused:

In practice it seems that just like for poor Al in the 80’s every bit of good luck that the mc has needs to be karmically repaid with a slightly worse bit of bad luck. :worried:

6 Likes