The One Chosen (WIP; updated 16/04/2024)

Just to note: it isn’t just a beach. There is a beach, but there’s also more cultural stuff to look at. :thinking:

3 Likes

For sportier MC’s, they might like activities like football, canoeing or maybe something as silly as “4-wheeling” (US coloquialism for riding a small 1-2 person off-road four wheeled vehicle)

For others, there’s always the classic “melting yourself like a stick of butter under the sun” for the sake of a tan? Maybe not that one; it’s really bad for everyone’s skin, melanin% aside.

3 Likes

But that will mean other people would see the mc’s bad leg? The point where we are at in the story doesn’t seem the best time for that, unless it is to make a low point even lower of course…

By the way does meet Alder again count as a holiday activity? Always up for some fun with Eddie. So one cultural thing, aside from what is mentioned below could be delving into the local music scene with Eddie. I figure my mc is a passable singer, though by no means super talented like Eddie, but he could probably hold his own in a Glee club, although he won’t particularly like performing in public. :thinking:

Sadly weather being too warm prevents wearing sexy leather, but silk shirts would be quite comfortable and stylish too and my mc’s signature wardrobe of tall boots and breeches, unlike Eddie’s rockstar gear does come in quite comfy summer editions. :sweat_smile:

Honestly my mc would probably prefer further his personal ambitions and projects in whatever time he cannot spend with Eddie or Alder.
When it comes to that my mc would still need to integrate his magical computer project with mundane computers, so maybe he could persuade Max to help with that during the holidays. :thinking:
If that means indulging in a bit of nerd culture that’s a small price to pay.

5 Likes

My type of vacation. Visiting museums or historic locations, seeing local shows, browsing local shops, helicopter tours or ghost tours, carriage rides, trying local cuisine, visiting a zoo or theme park, riding a carousel or Ferris wheel.

6 Likes

Any of the “beach” location activities you normally find at resorts…

• scuba/snorkeling
  • surfing
  • parachute gliding (tethered parachute being pulled by a craft of some sort craft)
  • jet ski
  • day fishing
  • volleyball, tag football, soccer

Etc…

Need more ideas, just let me know.

9 Likes

I was certainly considering sandcastles, although now I’m wondering whether to have it as a contest or just as friendly fun… :thinking:

Remember that two of your friends already saw the demon ankle try to fully possess you, and then successfully possess Larabelle. I think the cat might be a little out of the bag on this particular issue… :sweat_smile:

Sadly, no. Alder’s reappearance is still a while away (if they even do come back… :innocent:)

Ooh, that’s a good one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

No MC! :angry: No work! Only fun! :angry:

As in looking for ghosts, or being led around by a ghost, because in a fantasy setting, it’s not that obvious… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Okay, so ghosts in this setting aren’t really just normal people except dead, but still… :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

Ghost tours are where you pay someone to take you to a bunch of supposedly haunted sites like a bunch of tourist attractions.

4 Likes

Now I want to see a tourist tour for ghosts :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hahaha, good point. I should have clarified. A lot of older cities offer “ghost tours” where they take you around in a bus/open cart/boat/whatever and visit the local historic/haunted places.

1 Like

Outdoors Events/ Outside of town

• If there are cliffs/mountains - Rock Climbing, Exploring local caves or trails.

• Touring historical sites such as Old Sacred Grounds/Temples/Ruins

• Test of courage in the local woods/forest

More Local and Cultural stuff:

• exploring local wildlife/flora, touring locations of local folk tales/legends.

• Hopping between different restaurants/ food trucks/bazaars (markets) to try all of the different foods and local craftsmanship.

If I think up of anything more, i’ll add it to the list :smiley:

9 Likes

Strange question, but why does the description of Helena’s house, give me an image of the borrow from Harry Potter? Aside from the multiple pairs of shoes, and other stuff.

Also, what about combat or something? Something for the MC to hit really hard, and work out their frustration. That might do, depending on the RO you take with you.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I probably won’t be able to include them all, but you’ve given me a lot of ideas to work with. (But feel free to keep suggesting if you have any ideas that haven’t been suggested yet.)

9 Likes

Please report these values to the writer:
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 2
Charisma: 48
Total: 58 (New save.)

Hopeful: 52
Mundane: 43
Heroic: 54
Lawful: 38

Ædmund: 56
Charlie: 61
Dahlia: 58
Helena: 65
Kevin: 58
Max: 60
Teri: 63
Xiulan: 60
Artie: 52
Professor Karline: 56
Ædmund bonus stat: 1

2 Likes

I wish we had more interactions with the Duchess, especially in the route where we live with her

1 Like

Well since you didn’t specify where the summer holidays are, only that it is hot there, I suppose I could suggest a safari, should the location lend itself to one. It’s diving into nature, as opposed to the local, human or magical culture I suppose.

5 Likes

Oi @ParrotWatcher don’t know if anyone informed this already…

When trying to interrogate Henry it says Fitz…

2 Likes

I’m so confused. And this gives me Harry Potter vibes, especially with that Duke guy ung.

Is the mc even the ‘chosen one’? I know they say they made a mistake but why the hell is dark lord dude haunting our dreams? Is he bored? Is it the Valentines card I sent him? Why am I playing this at 4am? :woman_facepalming:

Honestly I feel like this is going to turn into a story where instead of being named the chosen one, its earned through actions. I have so many theories, too many for 4am…:rofl:

14 Likes

So…rereads previous post I found the spoilers for the added summary part this morning.

I really shouldn’t read stuff at 4am, my brain doesn’t catch stuff.

I still stand by the Valentines Card though. Why? Well the bad guy seems like a troll so why not do the same :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

Strength: 14
Intelligence: 42
Charisma: 2
Total: 58 (New save.)

Hopeful: 54
Mundane: 37
Heroic: 54
Lawful: 50

Ædmund: 62
Charlie: 56
Dahlia: 50
Helena: 75
Kevin: 58
Max: 62
Teri: 54
Xiulan: 63
Artie: 52
Professor Karline: 58
Ædmund bonus stat: 0

1 Like

Ok that was good. What a twist. I can’t say much without spoilers but that update was epic especially towards the end. I can’t wait to see what happens next

2 Likes