The One Chosen (WIP; updated 19/01/2024)

Any specific points you’d want to say that? :thinking:

the point where we still think we’re chosen and they want us to do a speech during the parade.

1 Like

Okay, so… if people were given the chance to talk to someone who actually knows about the prophecies, what kinds of questions would people want to ask? (e.g. “Can there be two Chosen Ones?” That sort of thing.)

4 Likes

”What’s the chance that the prophecy is wrong?” or something like that, maybe? :thinking:

4 Likes

I would probably ask for a certain wording of a prophecy and look for a loophole in it. Also what are the chances of it being transcribed/translated wrong, lol.

1 Like

That would certainly be my first one, yeah!

That aside…

• If there is only one Chosen One, who is it? (better to be TRULY certain)
  • What exactly is the Chosen One? (we know what they have to do, but how that came to be, more technical details, something like that - it may also be just a concept that can be incarnated by anyone, etc)
  • What (or who) exactly is the Demon Lord?
  • Is the Chosen One destined to die when defeating the Demon Lord?
  • Are we both (MC and Artie) the Chosen One? (may seem redundant with the one asking if there can be two Chosen Ones or the one about who is the Chosen One, but if there is some weird thing about one soul separated in two at birth or something, that one may be useful)
12 Likes

Wouldn’t two Chosen Ones technically make it Chosen Two? :thinking: (Or would that be only if they’re supposed to work together?)

3 Likes
  • If MC is really not a Chosen One why did they got mistaken with them.

• Why so many attacks happening on MC, why demon Lord seem interested in MC.

• Why Artie and MC got exact name and details.

• If both are Chosen One’s why is Artie so powerful and MC is extra weak.

14 Likes

All good questions that may or may not get an expanation later in the game.
Though for now I like to stick with my theory that the mc really is just a commoner who got inadvertently mixed up in all of this cause that will make hopefully stealing some magical power from the demon lord for himself, feel much more like a genuine accomplishment and a satisfying culmination of all his planning and plotting dark Hermione style. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Just to note that this one has already been answered: nobody knows. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I actually already used that term… :sweat_smile:

Well, it might mean that you’re still the Chosen One. Or at least one of a Chosen Two.

You already know this one, too: you were born on the right day, have the right name, and were in approximately the right place. Now, whether this is all a big coincidence or something much deeper… that would be a spoiler. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Also, a few of the other questions are good, but aren’t exactly things it would make sense to ask at this specific juncture.)

3 Likes

Just to ward off more questions of this ilk, the person you are talking to is in their eighties… :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Lol what 'bout these @ParrotWatcher?

And

• Is there a link between MC and Artie?

• Would MC ever get truly powerful despite lacking magic?

2 Likes

I would ask if there’s any prophecy that talks or mentions anything about The Chosen One’s entourage Aka Their friends/companions. Just curious if the MC may fit in in there :joy:

1 Like

if our MC is assumed to not be the chosen one what role do we have to play if we even have one or are we just anomaly that sprung up out of nowhere I mean if we think about it a lot of things that seem chosen one worthy have happened to the MC but with very little explanation. And to that end if we are an anomaly outside of the Path of the chosen ones Destiny are we capable of deliberately altering the course of how things happen?

2 Likes

And another why is this person willing to answer these questions and who are they?

1 Like

Please report these values to the writer:
Angel Wen:
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 24
Charisma: 34
Total: 62 (New save.)

Hopeful: 61
Mundane: 45
Lawful: 59

Ædmund: 78
Charles: 60
Dahlia: 57
Helena: 68
Kevin: 60
Max: 56
Teri: 63
Xiulan: 64
Artie: 60
Professor Karline: 65
Ædmund bonus stat: 9

1 Like

As I said, some of these things are questions that wouldn’t really make sense to ask this particular person. :thinking:

You’ll find out when I finish this chapter… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Please report these values to the writer:
Alex Clarke:
Strength: 44
Intelligence: 2
Charisma: 16
Total: 62 (New save.)

Hopeful: 67
Mundane: 41
Lawful: 60

Ædmund: 64
Charles: 64
Dahlia: 61
Helena: 77
Kevin: 65
Max: 57
Teri: 63
Xiulan: 65
Artie: 60
Professor Karline: 66
Ædmund bonus stat: 3

1 Like

so I was kinda surprised at Helena’s answer to my question about going out, she said they were “too young right now” but like… young for what, holding hands and going to the park? lol she also says she’d like to date, but not go in a date? I hope it doesn’t mean mc said something suggestive, because I really just wanted mc to go eat some ice-cream.

4 Likes

oooh
i came back to this topic late and owo… a possible mysterious new person who could answer our questions? count me in! i am very interested. would love to ask all the questions mentioned above to someone who knew the answers jfdjkgfjkgf

2 Likes