The One Chosen (WIP; updated 19/01/2024)

Remember that the duchess will be providing the MC with enough money to afford things like food and clothes… :sweat_smile: It may not be as much as you got in your first year, but you won’t be dressed in rags. (Unless you want to be. :roll_eyes:)

And you can just use the school supplies for building gadgets, as long as you claim it’s for a school project… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Sure, “I need funds to buy an IBM summit to modify. It’s for a school project.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Now theoretically I’m sure that should my mc be successful enough a company could eventually be built out of reliably computerising the execution of magic along a unified field theory by converting either other magical energy or electricity, but then my mc would be literally trading away what is supposed to be his trump card and the thing that makes the juice worth his squeeze when it comes to performing magic. And ultimately it is power my mc is after, not money.

Yeah, but probably not really nice clothes or more expensive materials…like silk and quality leather.

I kinda took it to mean she’d be paying for just the mc’s horrid school uniforms and that for anything else we’d be on our own…so that’s not the case then?

I also wonder since his family kinda seems to have cut him off would Charlie have to suffer a fashion downgrade as well? :thinking:

1 Like

Thing with good quality materials is that they last long if you take care of them though, leather specifically is good for decades if handled properly. I doubt you would need to buy another leather jacket if you get one the first year (unless you need to give away the stuff you got then of course).

1 Like

Please report these values to the writer:
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 12
Charisma: 24

Ædmund: 63
Charles: 73
Helena: 65
Max: 59
Teri: 63
Xiulan: 63
Artie: 50
Professor Karline: 60
Secret stat: 4

Happy one-year anniversary! This is one of my fav WIP and seeing it updates always makes me <3 <3 <3. Hair dye and piercings sound really cool. I wonder how the others will treat MC from now on? So far it looks like they won’t be having a very good ride.

2 Likes

Yes, we do…remember…13 years old at the beginning. So the one we got is likely kid size and my mc is probably one of those guys who has his growth spurt late. If he’s lucky he can maybe hark the old kid size one second hand for maybe half the money he’d need to buy a similar quality adult size…and then there’s still the pants and the boots and that would just be the leather basics. :grin:
If you want to wear it frequently you’d need two outfits of it, minimum, as the pants and boots need to air out after use (and the jacket does too, if you ever wear it directly over your skin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

2 Likes

Well, you might need to “acquire” some stuff yourself. :roll_eyes:

You probably won’t get another super-formal suit, but luckily the one you do have is magically enchanted to allow it to grow with its owner, with only minor adjustments needed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A little, but he wouldn’t end up in rags, either. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

So would high secret stat Eddie be willing to help with the “aquisitions”? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah but you need at least three formal suits…and pick ones, preferably three piece ones where you can rotate the parts to have a decent formal wardrobe, wearing the (obviously) same suit all the time doesn’t really cut it. That’s what I tell the young twenty-somethings just starting out too in the real world, you don’t need a super huge (formal) wardrobe if you don’t want to but in this industry (and/or if you want to move in social circles with lots of formal occasions) you do need a decent one.
And of course if my mc wants more leather later on…that’ll take a fair bit of money…or other “aquisition” skills. Plus a magical car or motorcycle could well be one of the “gadgets” we might need later in the game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Well…let’s hope Teri will be generous enough to possibly take the mc clothes shopping sometime in coming years then.

Will the mc even notice it in-game or will we be totally oblivious to any minor style changes for Charlie?

1 Like

I admit I keep forgetting how young the mc is (and that a good deal of people keep growing past that age [in length], ahem). Got me there.

3 Likes

Strength: 14
Intelligence: 12
Charisma: 16

Ædmund: 76
Charlie: 69
Helena: 63
Max: 64
Teri: 62
Xiulan: 60
Professor Karline: 56

1 Like

Whoops; forgot to answer these earlier… :sweat_smile:

Any Eddie would. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: High-secret wouldn’t really require much persuasion, though.

Well, you’ll mainly be seeing him in uniform… :thinking:

2 Likes

Nice! If my mc manages to bring either Alder or Teri or both in on it too he’d have the perfectly sized heist crew for practically any “acquisition” job he can make a decent plan for. :wink:

Good to see you’re back btw, how has England been this last month?

I was rather hoping that as the game goes on we’d be seeing more of them out of uniform. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’d of course also love to see Eddie’s new, sexy, style. :grin:

2 Likes

Well, one is slightly more likely to be around than the other… :sweat_smile:

:sob:

A fair supposition. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Strength: 2
Intelligence: 26
Charisma: 14

Ædmund: 64
Charlie: 46
Helena: 54
Max: 63
Teri: 58
Xiulan: 58
Professor Karline: 63

1 Like

And updated again! :smile: The game is now at 108,000 words, with an average playthrough length of 43,000!

Plus there may be a couple of new characters to meet… :smirk:

25 Likes
Stats

Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Charisma: 26

Ædmund: 63
Charlie: 62
Helena: 56
Max: 54
Xiulan: 62
Professor Karline: 56
Secret stat: 5

So, it begins…

A new school year with the chosen one added to the mix, and already they’re much better than us. And that freakin reporter just had to rub it in too, huh? On top of that, EVEN OUR NIGHTMARES TAUNT US!!!

I’m looking forward to the next update but dreading it at the same time just because I feel like things will get worse for MC :sob:

6 Likes

WoW, are ya trying to kill me?!?
:smile_cat::joy_cat::kissing_cat:
I feel like dying and very much alive at the same time everytime you update this…
It’s good so far, G’Luck completing it…

1 Like

As requested

Strength: 6
Intelligence: 26
Charisma: 10

Ædmund: 59
Charlie: 46
Helena: 60
Max: 52
Teri: 66
Xiulan: 64
Professor Karline: 63

1 Like

Yay! :blush:

2 Likes

That was fun! And I might be a bit too involved in the new update but oh the bitterness my pc is feeling bc of not being the chosen one anymore(despite being reluctant about it last year) is just… chef’s kiss

Strength: 16
Intelligence: 8
Charisma: 18

Ædmund: 68
Charlie: 65
Helena: 64
Max: 54
Xiulan: 60
Professor Karline: 52