The Odessa Dating Games (WIP) - UPDATING IN MID-JULY!

nah don’t be sorry, everyone wants that sweet juicy password, unfortunately its only given to selected users, we just gotta wait for the next update

3 Likes

Do you think if we gave @tandra88 flowers or showed her an awesome motorcycle trick she’d grace us with the password? It (hopefully) charms the heir, so maybe it’ll work here!

12 Likes

I don’t think those of us with the magical password have seen much past that spot anyway, so no need to fret. Patience is always rewarded with more awesomeness with this story, sooooo - wait for iiiiit ;D

9 Likes

Just finished playing through the demo again, and it never ceases to impress me. Super excited that it’s still being worked on and can’t wait for the next update. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well apparently “Azraelisthecoolestbetatesterever” isnt the password so now I just have to pout in a corner till a update lol

20 Likes

Just finished the demo and damm I love the heir…
In the end there is a password quest.
Did I miss something or are there in game hints?

It’s just for beta tester. Nothing related to story.

6 Likes

Finished playing the demo and I have to say I loved it! The customization is great, loved the characters and I can’t wait to see how the plot develops!

3 Likes

Just finished playing and I adore this game! It’s wonderful, though I did have a one thing to note. For the !shyMC, I noticed that they have an occasional stutter. I think this is okay, but I think it’s more relatable if they were to have more vocal pauses(uh, um) instead. Or maybe just not have them say anything at all, and portray that they’re having a hard time finding words. Of course, this is just a suggestion. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello, I sent you an ask on tumblr about translating your game. I don’t know if you use your tumblr much though so messaging here as well. Prithee don’t be mad, I’m just asking but everyone got very mad last time.

Loading sends you to the stats screen with no way to go back to the game. Considering it’s a pretty long demo, it’s quite the way to start over every time. Which is a shame because it’s a pretty interesting and ambitious project, feels like it has a lot of replay value.

That’s not an issue with this demo or the author’s code. That’s an issue with Dashingdon, the site used for the demo and most other demos in the forums. To avoid having that problem try letting the page load a bit before saving and don’t go into the stats menu before you load.

10 Likes

Before you save, you mean? Loading, even when you’re on the stat page itself, seems to work fine (at least for me, at least so far).

4 Likes

I’ve had trouble with both

2 Likes

I’ll admit to fast click due to reading fast. Hopefully one of the saves is salvageable at least.

gotta say no. but A+ for effort :laughing:

so glad you enjoy it! yay! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

great guess. might have to change it to that next time :laughing:

thank you, and welcome to the forum! :heart:

thanks for the suggestion! it’s on my to improve on list. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: this message was a great reminder to continue to working in between lack of inspiration for the continuation of the plot!

13 Likes

hellooooo COG forum!

as I’m sure you have all noticed, I’m much more active on tumblr these days. thanks again for all the messages and asks over there.

this weekend I wrote 5,000+ words on the demo, bringing the total to 280k+! :partying_face: I’m polishing up meeting up the contestants before I start getting into the logistics of the first challenge. if you replay the game a lot, this should be no issue…js!

I want the next update to be a pretty big update, so it might not be a while. I’m shooting for April, but I could surprise myself and complete it earlier!

I will have one more update following the first challenge update and then the public demo will completed (i.e. no more password :laughing:). I will open up applications for new beta testers before the last update drops and announce who the team and I select when I drop the last little update.

I’m still finalizing qualifications for testers, but I will be looking for newbie testers and veteran testers. I’m sure a decent portion will also come from tumblr. The application process won’t be like a job application LOL, but pretty detailed so I know you’re serious and not just wanting early access to the game.

let me know if you have any questions (either here or on tumblr). have a good one! :grin:

48 Likes

Oh thank God cause my resume is a bit dated lol

7 Likes

Hi! When asking Robin about the Princess, I picked the first option (something about her feelings about the Princess after their breakup) and got an error, so I figured I should let you know.

chp2_coffee line 99: bad label citychoice

Since it mentions “citychoice”, I picked Carmelita as the MC’s hometown if that helps :slight_smile:

edit: Also, just found a pronoun error in a scene.

"Ryr looks up from his phone, which most likely held the itinerary for today, and chuckles.

“Ross, how about you leave her alone? There’s enough on her plate today already.”"

I chose the he/him option but it says her in this scene. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

edit: Another scene

“Soon enough, Name takes his seat. Well, that was easy enough. Name did not seem terrified of all the attention, but maybe that was just a front. In either case, it was nice to seem her again.”

Also I think “seem” might be a typo? Anyways, really enjoying the game so far, so I will keep updating if I find anything else!

edit: Aw haha never mind, I did not realize the demo ends right after that scene I mentioned previously. Nooooooo :sob:

4 Likes

Hello, I don’t really know what you did to the demo, but the demo kinda broken right now. It just crashes when you choose heir’s gender “chapter1_datingprofile line 405: Non-existent variable ‘royal_man_woman_person’” just letting you know. Other than that, I really enjoy the demo and the characters, hope you having at least half as much fun writing, as me reading it. :blush: