After losing a bet to your roommate, you’re forced to sign up for Odessa Dates, a wildly popular dating website taking your country, Odessa, by storm.
When an announcement by the Odessa Royal Family thrusts you into a competition for the heir’s hand in marriage, you quickly begin to realize that you’re in a lot more trouble than trying to figure out what spoon is the dessert spoon.
With rivals, romance and rituals around every corner, welcome to the Odessa Dating Games!
Hello everyone! Almost two months to the day I posted about my game idea in the Interest Thread, I’m pleased to say that The Odessa Dating Games is now ready for initial testing!
The rundown for this game:
- Play as a man, woman, or as non-binary! Be gay, straight, bisexual or pansexual.
- Romance loads of characters, including your roommate, the heir to the throne and more!
- Keep your friends close and your enemies closer as you work to uncover what threatens your home country of Odessa.
- Create the royal of your dreams, or play as a default royal character.
- Odi/Odanna Baxley: your roommate, whose gender you can choose. Can be romanced by any gender.
- Princess Mozelle: the younger sister of the heir, who is gender-locked to female. Can be romanced by any gender.
- The Heir: the heir to the throne of Odessa, which can be completely customizable! From skin tone to gender, what the heir looks and acts like is all up to you, or not. You can select which royal route you’d like to go through at the beginning of the game. Can be romanced by any gender.
- A number of contestants: at least one male, female and non-binary contestant will be able to be romanced, no matter your gender.
- Some secret ones too
- What is your inspiration behind this game? I’ve always loved reading and playing games that involved royal families and royals! As far as games/material, I was inspired by Princess Academy by Shannon Hale, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, as well as Drag Star from COG and various other HG and COG royal inspired games.
- When will this game be finished? I would love to have this game done before the end of the year/early next year. I am currently in between jobs so I have a lot of free time ATM.
- When is the next update? I’ll update the title when the next update is available! I can’t pinpoint down an exact date or time, as I work on this game all hours of the day and night.
- How many chapters will the game be? Looking to have at least 12 chapters. Might increase depending upon how the story goes, but there will be at least 12.
- Will there be a sequel? As of right now, no, but I’ll revisit the idea of this once the game gets closer to completion!
- Where else can I find you on the internet? Well, I’m all over, but I don’t have dedicated socials for just my writing. Best place to reach me is on this forum, for now.
- Can I create art for your story? Totally. Once the game nears completion, I’ll definitely need somebody to create all that for me. Just message me and we can work something out!
- I have more questions that aren’t answered here! Just post them in this topic and I’ll be sure to answer them. If they are asked often enough, I’ll add them here!
Game Related FAQ
- What kinds of personalities can romance (insert royal personality here)? All MC personalities can romance any royal personality. A mean MC can romance a shy royal character and vice-versa, for instance. The only thing that changes is their reaction. For instance, you bump into a mean royal and accidentally spill their coffee on them. A mean MC will curse the mean royal out, causing the royal to get even madder, while a shy MC will apologize profusely, potentially causing the mean royal to soften up a bit and maybe even issue an apology. The same scene still happens, but reactions are different.
- What setting/time-period is this game in? Modern times. There’s TVs, electricity, cell phones, but this country still has rather heavy royal customs. The Royals wear formal clothing when the situation dictates, but they also wear casual clothing as well.
- What do I wear in the game? This changes from chapter to chapter, but pretty much whatever you’d like, within reason.
- Why are there other romance options when it seems like we’re supposed to be with the Royal? A few reasons. For people who might want to romance the Royal when the game begins, but find it too tiresome as the game continues, for people who are interested in a competition story like this, but would rather romance somebody not as high profile and for people who want options instead of being shoehorned into getting with the royal!
- Will there be sexual content? Yes. It’s completely your choice whether or not you decide to have sex with your RO, though. You won’t be penalized stat-wise if you choose not to have sex at all during the game. It’ll be the typical lead up before fading to black.
CURRENTLY ON: Chapter 2 Part 2
CURRENT WORD COUNT: 45k+
As you’re playing, please let me know:
- If you encounter any bugs or continuity errors: I write the game in Google Docs before moving it over and coding, so I’m sure there will be things that I have missed. I’m also a coding newbie, so I’m sure occasionally I will miscode something, despite me playing it over and over religiously haha.
- If you think a feature/stat/character should be added: I’m open to all suggestions!
- If you have any plot/scene/etc. critiques: Is the pacing too fast? Is a character suddenly out of character? Stuff like this is great for me to know!
- If you wanna keep playing: I want to know this each time the demo is updated. If the answer is ever no, please let me know what I can do to make it a yes.
Without further ado, play the demo here! https://dashingdon.com/play/tandra88/the-odessa-dating-games/mygame/
Godspeed and God bless Odessa.