The Odessa Dating Games (WIP) - UPDATING IN MID-JULY!

I personally like the customization system. I dont use it in a normal way, though. I use a dice. This way, there’s a player influence, but it isnt absolute. It helps circumvent what many dislike about the system, imo.

3 Likes

How does that work?

Really interesting WIP, i love it :smile:

1 Like

I loved it! It´s an interesting idea, and I haven´t seen something like this
I´m really interested to see how the game develops

2 Likes

I love this and the customization with the Heir. If I’m not attracted or interested in the Heir then what’s the point.

9 Likes

This was such a fun WIP. This lowkey reminds me of The Selection series, which were some of my favorite YA books growing up. I’m excited to read what you write next! Keep at it! :heart:

2 Likes

Assuming you’re talking to me, If I roll a 1, then i select the first choice. If I roll a 2, then I select the 2nd. That way, I avoid the situation many find themselves in when they play the Sims and games with similar customization systems.

Interesting, I thought you were talking about implementing that within the game itself, not as a player. I do the same for other RPGs, though I use a number generator if there are too many options.

2 Likes

So, rather than choosing at the press conference, having them like a blank slate until later? Just want to make sure I understand what you mean! I like the idea of a default heir in addition to allowing customizations.

Okay, sounds fair enough! Totally doable to cut down on the customizing.

:wink:

Wow, I love this idea! I definitely want to play up the dating website aspect of this game. This is an awesome way to do so.

Yes, I’ll be adding that soon!

Oh no! Thanks for letting me know. I’ll be sure to fix that.

Ah, great point. I’ll make the sarcastic personality a bit nicer and play around with being more carefree. I’ll also add a “meanwhile”, “in Dia”, something along those lines during the Lyon and Bryce scene.

Just quoting this part, but I’ll respond to everything! Yep, so there’s an idea I’m thinking about implementing that might satisfy a lot of people. I’ll post about it separately. As far as the personalities go, I really want to make that happen! A mean royal and a mean MC will hopefully have a different gameplay than a shy royal and an outgoing MC.

OMG, you pulled a memory from me that I didn’t even know existed! Gotta go back and re-read those now.

9 Likes

I meant people should wait until we’ve talked to the Heir and seen more of them before they judge the character. Because I’m a fan of the customization, and don’t wanna see it go, beside giving the Heir a set name. Also yeah an option for a default Heir for those not interested in the customization part.

6 Likes

Glad I could help, I was actually surprised at how little there was of the dating site at first to be honest.

@No_This_Is_Patrick this would work well for their personality I think, though depending on how long it takes for us to interact with them the ‘blank slate’ idea might wear thin.

3 Likes

So, I hinted about this above, but I want to hear (and have you guys vote) about it!

I was thinking of implementing both the default heir and customization heir options as an option in the beginning of the game. As an option, you’re still choosing and still keeps the 99% match in check, since you’re choosing that you’re fine with the default heir looks and name (to be determined). Another option when it comes to the default route will be to have a default name, but the ability to choose a few attributes such as eye color, skin color and hair color.

If you choose to go the customization route, I’ll leave the same type of options, but cut them down. For instance, when it comes to choosing the first name, I’ll have four options, plus an input option. You wouldn’t have to worry about choosing the royal’s gender since that will be satisfied while you’re filling out the profile. Choosing the height, skin color, etc. would still be there.

Note, in all of these options, you’ll always be able to choose the royal’s personality.

Yay or nay? Vote below!

• I’d love to have the option to play with a default royal or customize my royal’s looks.
  • I’d rather play with a royal with a predetermined name, but be able to choose a few attributes about them (i.e. hair color, skin color, etc.)
  • I’d rather play with a royal with a predetermined name and looks, but be able to choose their personality.

0 voters

5 Likes

I do like the customization! I would not mind a default name but since there seems to be a lot of customization regardless choosing the name seems like it would be fun!

6 Likes

After reading the replies (and recalling other HG and CG games) I don’t believe any of them let you create your perfect RO. If so this could make this game stand out even more compared to the other romance games out there.

9 Likes

I love what I’ve seen so far! Looking forward to continuing to read.

1 Like

Most just have a selection that cover certain personalities, but the detail that this game offers is something I am looking forward to greatly.

5 Likes

This game looks really good, and I’m looking forward to it. I just doubt how you will be able to manage a character with so much variables… I like the feature of personalizing the Heir, even if I think having some predetermined traits (Name, eyes color…) would be better. Ah, and I would like the option to have a Law Degree, if you Can add it. Anyway, I really liked the demo, so good luck :wink:

7 Likes

Yeah, or a medical degree. Though I hope that these degrees will actually have some effect in the game.

This could ruin my reputation in college as an anti love whos never dated anyone in his life(yes i have been asked out before just so u know).But im in a online forum so what gives lol.Tell you what I am a sucker for a good romance plot.So looking forward to it. :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

I can empathise, except I haven’t even been asked out before :slightly_smiling_face:. I love me a good romance story.

9 Likes