The Odessa Dating Games (WIP) - UPDATING IN MID-JULY!

Hi.

Like I mentioned in the above post, I pushed out a small update last night that might combat rudequestions bug. People have already posted errors when it comes to the aloof route, but try the other routes and see if you encounter any other problems.

I am also aware of the missing R in the code when it comes to fxf routes, so I’ll fix that soon!

In the meantime, how about a Bex preview? Don’t click if you want to be surprised! :laughing:

Bex Preview

“So this is Dia.”

I stand on the sidewalk, across the street from Cape Odessa after I was dropped off in Dia by a taxi driver. It was a rather long ride from the town that I said I was from, but the driver didn’t seem to mind, especially once I told him why I was heading to the capital in the first place. That and, well, the additional tip I would give him despite the ride being paid for already.

“So you’re all tangled up in that contest nonsense as well, huh? Good luck then. I wouldn’t want to be a royal for all the money in the world.”

Oh, the irony.

Being the sole heir to the Fae crown was less about actually learning how to be an effective ruler and more about doing Juliet’s bidding since she physically couldn’t leave the kingdom. I was used to doing small things like this: gathering news about the outside world for her or hacking into less secure computer systems.

This took the absolute cake, though never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that all her paranoia could’ve led to something like this. I have to say that competing in a dating competition to take down Odessa was not on my bucket list.

19 Likes

Really, now? :smirk: Who knew that sweet little Mozelle would have a wild side to her… :laughing:

3 Likes

I get this error when trying to visit the gardens with the shy heir.

1 Like

Bex: After everything I’ve had to deal with growing up, maybe if I get the heir I can finally get some freedom.
Me: I’m about to ruin her entire plan.
My Mc:tumblr_mrnru2c1fe1sr0dmno1_500

22 Likes

Hi! First off really luv the game. Awesome :+1: story so far. It’s just after your newest update i tried the demo again on the Sarcastic Prince route w/a custom character, & got the error :grimacing: after telling King Fredrick I’ll compete in the games though i m nervous option​:thinking:. Good luck with future updates & hope to c how the game goes. :smiley:

1 Like

Also in the error :grimacing:

, who is Null Null? or is that name an error too

1 Like

Since the files were updated, if you used a save file it will not likely be that. Should be fine if you start over from the beginning and save.

1 Like

Can’t wait to meet Bex proper, seems like one of the more interesting characters.

1 Like

I was playing with the sarcastic!heir but i got the rude!heir’s garden scene and only 3 questions to ask

What can I say…she’s a rebel! :laughing:

Thanks! Will fix this soon.

LMFAO!

Hey there! Thanks for playing! I would restart the game from the beginning and then save again. After changing the variables throughout the whole game, some player’s files have become corrupted.

That’s odd. Are you playing with a saved file and while heir (default/custom) are you playing as?

3 Likes

i don’t know if this counts as a spoiler or not haha so just to be safe, can the player choose bex’s gender, or are they non-binary? or maybe i just assumed that? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m playing with both a saved file and a custom heir

Bex is non-binary. :smile:

If the game was saved prior to October 8, I would restart the game (as in replay from the beginning) and see if the problem still persists. Many people have said that their files have become corrupted and that they had to do this to fix pronoun errors and what not. I changed the royal code throughout the whole game, so I suggest doing this to see if it fixes your problem.

3 Likes

I got this error when the heir was about to meet my mc

Hey everyone. No, you’re not dreaming. This is an update in the daytime hours!

Before I go into the changes, I want to ask that everybody who has a saved game right now that is before October 8, to delete it and replay until the current demo ends. Might be a pain now, but some of the errors that were previously reported do not show up when I playtest. I believe that after changing the royal code, it caused some games to get corrupted, if not all of them. I myself even had to delete my saved games in the playtest for this very reason.

Besides, replaying now in early Chapter 2 beats the hell out of replaying at Chapter 6. Now, if you replay the game and still get the same errors, I’ll take another look at my code, but for now, please replay as I’m sure your errors (like names and pronouns) will likely get fixed!

Now, to what’s new:

• Fixed both the aloof and shy garden meetings, I believe. Nobody reported any other issues in other routes, so I’m going to assume everything is alright on that front.
  • Should be able to play as a woman who is interested in other women now! Fixed the missing r in the code.
  • Fixed error where you couldn’t advance after you say yes to the King’s bribe.
  • Fixed a few more jerk errors. I believe I’ve gotten them all, but hey, I do say that every time I update don’t I? :laughing:

Also @DollyTheSheep_23: fixed that error as well.

#luckypost666

25 Likes

I just replayed the demo (with a new save file this time), but it still gave me the rude garden scene + the 3 questions.

Also, another thing that i’ve found is this part when i played as the heir who was getting ready, and the queen said “You look lovely, Name" in the beginning of the 2nd paragraph. Sorry, i wanted to take a screenshot, but chrome won’t let me

1 Like

The new clothing options haven’t yet been added, right? I mean I know you added the options but also said the game ended there.

1 Like

Will there be an option for poly regarding romance?

3 Likes

Because I’m a noob I could only post one photo, here’s where I think the end of the demo came in.

Ran into one error, the other is me hitting the end of the demo…I think?

2 Likes