The Myrmidon (WIP) (Minor update 03/10/2017)

A few hundred memes containing the word ‘heresy’ (and a lot of space marines) over at the Guns of Infinity thread quite a while back now. A few hundred.

I don’t envy the mods who had to mop that all up back then.

Anyway, to get back on topic (sort of), what is this with authors allowing the MC’s to casually wander around in the nude recently? I don’t think there’s ever been a time when that happened in two WiP’s at the same time before…

6 Likes

They had a WiP with the MC nothing but nude… even I blushed at this. @Moreau 's story makes sense for me so far so it doesn’t seem gratuitous in any shape… besides I like the “companion” MC even if I don’t talk about that much.

1 Like

Well, Guns of Infinity is over 30,000 posts long, so there is no way I am trudging through all of that. I’ll just settle for imagination.

Two? Android Flash is literally unable to feel the emotion of shame on a theoretical level, so I understand that. But what other WIP has a naked MC?

For…research…purposes.

1 Like

I think most of those posts have been deleted, so it’d be difficult to figure out even when that had happened, even besides how impossible it would be to look for it with the sheer number of posts.

@Snoe’s WiP. I think it was called Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights or something. Apparently the troublemaker MC has a habit of refusing to wear clothes.

5 Likes

@Moreau will we get to play a sickeningly sweet character I’ve been inspired by @poison_mara to play the ultimate good guy that spreads love and sunshine and hates no one.

4 Likes

Yes, stick with what sucks for me, while everybody else continues to get taller, that’ll be an absolute joy. :disappointed:

Too bad height is not a tradeable commodity or I’d be quite wiling to take 9-10cm off your hands.

That is a horrible procedure that adds about 2cm to your lower legs, at most. I want to get taller, sure, but taller lower legs are not the first thing I think of when getting taller, If I were to wear boots over unnaturally tall lower legs, while the rest of me stays the same it would just serve make me look comically out of proportion instead of sexy. :disappointed:

In summary I’m sorely disappointed with the likely state of the art of modern medicine during my lifetime.

Good, catch, yes, though I made my Flash(template) practically into what I see as the perfect guy (and thank you @Moreau for giving us all those delicious character creation options) with the added bonus of sexy blue skin, I do value your insights into how the guy himself might possibly not think so, or in the case of real Flash have thought, that of himself and maybe even feel insecure. :pensive:

But at least they were talking to you like an adult, without you having to show them your papers/credentials. Until a couple of years ago my features made me look very young, in a way that I did most certainly not appreciate.

Ouch, yes I can see how that might be as hurtful as having to actually prove to someone you’re not only an adult but a fully qualified professional and them only half believing it even then.

Lots of women I know occasionally shop at the men’s department on purpose and given how silly many of the female fashions are I can’t say I blame them, still I get the frustration if you were really set on having that one piece they only sell in the women’s department, much like I wanted something only available in the men’s department and not something for teens that may approximate it somewhat. There’s also the fact that I hated the young teens department even back when I actually was a young teen, whenever my mom had the cash to spare or a well meaning relative took me there.

You mean the burden, though that was a much more silly game, sad it died though.
Although I think you’re referring to “Freak amidst the Neon Lights” @Cecilia_Rosewood?
The mc there, First, was literally raised as a lab rat and not really properly socialized, add to that non-developed sense of modesty the potential for a trouble making personality and well… Not that First, or Flash have anything to be ashamed about, imho. :wink:
And we all know Flash was literally born hours ago by the time they go wandering around in the nude, if you imagine Flash as essentially a baby in the body of a very attractive adult, it makes a lot more sense, plus the real Flash didn’t have a very developed sense of modesty either. :yum: :laughing:

2 Likes

AGGGH TO MUCH SUGAR I WILL DIE BY GOODIE PONIES AND TEDDY BEARS

A good Flash is a boring flash.

4 Likes

If you have as I did a sex boom Flash you as concubine has inside protocols about etiquette and human emotions and behavior, so my Mara knows perfectly that nudism is not well receive by social standards.

2 Likes

Ah, memories… :smirk:

4 Likes

Can’t we all just get along? :smile:

4 Likes

Sure, do you want a pois… cookie :skull_crossbones: :cookie: :urn: ? No, really I found good characters boring and uninspired . However this games gives lot of options for everyone.

3 Likes

I don’t think people continue to get taller; that’s the balance of perception for you when you’re in the minority.

And I like being this tall; it’s badass. Although I could put in a word to my sister. She hates being 6ft tall. 10 or so cm would be a good deal all around there.

Funny thing; that was actually sarcasm, but now I’m genuinely thinking as to what prosthetic stilts would do. Females are generally considered more attractive the shorter they are. Males can generally muscle up and they’ll appear larger. Or they can accept the fact that they’re smaller than average.

That’s the route I’m planning to take with Natasha to an extent; before the androidifying she was intelligent, sarcastic, fearless, took no shit from anyone and was a fiercely likeable person who genuinely cared about most everyone, and most everyone liked and respected her in turn. But after she became an android, she’s going to become shy, timid and easily intimidated until later in the story.

That’s going to cause hella problems with the gang when they finally realise the extent of the personality change. Especially with the RO, who’s going to be majorly upset when they realise that the person they fell in love with is no longer there.

I don’t really see it that way. I appreciate where you’re coming from and that sucks. I always thought being an adult would mean intellectual conversation. Not people starting off conversations with “how many times do you hit your head on the doorframe on average?”. That one is a bit extreme, but it’s happened. The main one is “well, you’re not what I expected”.

That must really suck; when I hit about 6ft people started to neglect asking me for proper I.D.; they still did sometimes, but the frequency diminished.

No, I do as well a lot of the time. Shirts, trousers and waistcoats; those are the kind of clothes that I prefer to wear as opposed to girly clothes. But the problem is when I do decide to get something from the women’s section it’s always a toss-up as to whether I’ll actually be able to get it.

I always hated the young teens department as well; I always liked how suits looked from a young age so the young teens department was an affront to everything I enjoyed. My sister loved that stuff though; I keep mentioning her because we’re polar opposites in everything. It’s good to have a frame of reference in that sense, at least.

1 Like

I agree normally but I want to take it to a ridiculous extreme.
I want it that when my MC gets stabbed in the back they help said stabber across the street while cleaning the knife they stabbed them with

4 Likes

We live to serve.

Pretty much, useful to the extreme as long as you develop those lateral thinking skills.

If it helps, Ser Farah stands at around 6’2.

6’3 if she stands on her tippie-toes.

I think you’re more likely to be like Mr Spock than a teenager. You’ll have more feelings and emotions, certainly, but you’ll be coping with them by reaching out to those around you and trying to learn from them, rather than turning inward.

For the most part anyway.

No heresy here, we make the appropriate animal sacrifices to appease our choice-loving overlords. In the spirit of tolerance that we have endeavoured to foster we also sacrifice a butternut-squash at the same time.

Shall I just write a scene where he gets a bucket of water thrown over him and be done with it? Everyone good with that?

All entirely thematically important, I assure you.

It was necessary.

For reasons.

Reasons.

(Scribbles notes)

No, actually I don’t need to scribble notes. Yes. If that’s the way your MC rolls, I have a dialogue tree for that.

You’re welcome. I’m glad you’re using them all so productively.[quote=“Sherlock221B, post:1857, topic:15992”]
That’s the route I’m planning to take with Natasha to an extent; before the androidifying she was intelligent, sarcastic, fearless, took no shit from anyone and was a fiercely likeable person who genuinely cared about most everyone, and most everyone liked and respected her in turn. But after she became an android, she’s going to become shy, timid and easily intimidated until later later in the story.

That’s going to call hella problems with the gang when they finally realise the extent of the personality change. Especially with the RO, who’s going to be majorly upset when they realise that the person they fell in love with is no longer there.
[/quote]

Yeeeesss.

Your angst, give it to me…

7 Likes

You say Flash would be Mr spock…WHY I WANNA BE KIRK THE REAL ONE NOT THE NEW THAT HAS LESS CHARISMA THAN YABBA IN MR UNIVERSE CONTEST

My sex bomb Flash is kirk :tongue:

5 Likes

Mara… all I’m going to say here is: gross.

1 Like

Hey, no I’m good. I have to deal with it in real life. Although it’s just another reason why Natasha will be insecure about herself in the future.

Maybe a confident Flash would. Spock grew up with emotions the same as humans do; Vulcans just temper them as per the culture. Oo; a Spock-like Flash in a relationship with probably cause more angst by doing something completely against what Flash would normally do because it was judged to be correct in the moment. Although an insecure Flash would likely let emotions consume them to a point.

…Natasha deserves niceness and happiness in her life. It’s a shame she won’t get any of it until much later.

1 Like

I played the update and it’s interesting how it changes the scenes depicting your moods/reactions. It’s also pretty funny that we can walk out naked…living up to the name Flash. One thing I did find confusing about the update was the way we have problems with buttoning our shirt. I played the thinker android, and would think that we at least could gain the theory of how to botton properly and make it work by methodical buttoning from bottom to top. But maybe that’s just me thinking too much about it. ^^ I’ll admit it does portray how the MC has no idea how to practically function in the world yet.

1 Like

The thinking behind that scene (scenes, technically I suppose…) was that you can be as smart as a whistle, but you’re still getting used to a changing body, and you haven’t quite gotten the finger-dexterity back yet. Your weight and the distribution of your organs, muscles and skeleton are different from Flash, even if that’s only by a small amount.

Your sense of balance is off, some movements overreach, some don’t move far enough. In a day or so you’ll be as proficient as you ever were, but today you’re a little bit helpless.

…it was also necessary to facilitate some unreasonably close contact with the other two ROs…

Also, thanks for playing the update, I’ll try and get some more out to you as soon as I can.

2 Likes

A novel suggestion if it weren’t for the fact that the taller guys are also pretty muscled up these days and as a consequence appear even taller, or to put it in another way, achieving the perfect physique would likely make me appear taller, vis a vis my lanky accountant friend, but it would have a negligible effect when standing side by side with my ex.
Plus there’s the fact I have utterly crap genes for bulking up, my body just won’t retain too much additional mass all that well, be it fat or muscle. I can get (and I was until fairly recently) toned, but not quite bulky, not unless I could somehow afford to make it my day job and hire a team to guide me with that anyway. :sweat:

Oh, it was, none of my (male) colleagues had to carry around their university degree, just in case, but somehow I did.

And back in the day nightclubs were the absolute worst offenders as they often just wouldn’t let me in and the bouncers routinely referred to me as underage jailbait, some even insisting my actual, real ID was “fake” somehow. :rage:

Of course it wasn’t just down to my rather limited height but also that the rest of my features conspired with it to make me look much younger then I actually was. :unamused:

Well I wasn’t planning on insecure exactly, his snarkiness and underdeveloped sense of modesty alone will probably still give somewhat of an air of confidence, but certainly on the Rebel and Mage path on obliviousness to his (smoking hot) looks, which also means he’d be rather bad at actually using them to his advantage, or even knowing the effect they might have on people, something I think real Flash definitely did have down pat before his untimely demise.
So, yes, I think he probably could be taken “advantage of” by less scrupulous people until later in the story too. Although, fortunately for Flash(droid) they probably won’t like RadJack’s reaction when they try.

Lord Flash is the one who will probably be forced to relearn these things rather quickly, but then he’s the one who will have a whole team focused on assisting him with exactly that, whereas the supporting characters on the other paths have different priorities, forcing Flashdroid to become aware of and re-learn those things at his own pace.

Yay! Hope he’s wearing a white shirt in that one, wet (T)-Shirt contest for everyone! :heart_eyes:

Meaning that on the mage path, Flash(droid) the Thinker might really have to use mr. Spock as a learning tool. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well at least Flash(droid) is a quick learner, cause I get the feeling that if I were to wake up in my dream body tomorrow it would probably take me between a couple of months to a couple of years to fully get used to it, with at least a couple of weeks, I fear, until my brain would have rewired itself enough for me to button a shirt with it.

3 Likes