The Myrmidon (WIP) (Minor update 03/10/2017)

All this brando sexy npcs and bars… This is entering in the spicy territory… Now only we need Mara Hefner create Playnoble
Edit PlayNoble has an advantage includes all options inside.

7 Likes

“What?! Why does it?! Why?!

Radjack looks down in confusion, clearly unaware of the problem.

“What? What’s wrong?”

Your face is now a rictus of horror, your accusing finger trembling as it points at the offending article.

“Why does it have pincers?!

Radjack looks back up, some of the confusion in his face turning to fear at your words, his response is halting and unsure of itself.

“To… grab onto you?”

Coffee/biscuit tin full of memories?

Welp, now I’m sad.

Well, there are some contextual clues for Engel, particularly zher mydriasia.

This condition is defined by unusual dilation of the pupil, and the configuration describes is shared by one particular pop-culture icon.

Much like Engel, he was a rebel.

You might even say he was twice the rebel that Engel is.

However I can’t deny that Ms Kovalev is also something of a contender.

3 Likes

The better to please you with, my dear! (evil witch cackling)

Does that mean he was twice as likely to tear his dress…? Was his face two times more likely to be a mess?

Who the devil are you referring to - how could I know?

4 Likes

I have a picture in my mind’s eye. And that picture contains liberal use of soft focus and lots of strategically placed teacups…

I will expect the first issue on my desk for proofing by Friday night.

Who indeed…

http://ling.umd.edu/~alxndrw/images/perplexed_gorilla.jpg

Hmm…

http://www.ooyuz.com/images/2015/10/1/1446357517862.jpg

Hmm…

Hm-SHIT!

Hmm…

6 Likes

I want to drop in and say I really love the demo so far, it’s one of the games that I have been keeping an eye on. Can’t wait for more updates!! Personally I would choose staying with the noble over the two others but I think I’m growing on the rebels…somewhat. Can’t wait to see more of Radjack and others from the Rebels!!

(Radjack…Rad Jack…? Jack’s rad…Oh dear…)

5 Likes

T cup? Do they even make things that size?

Tell that attractive stranger by the gorilla and the otter to hush up. I think those animals are trying to tell me who…

Wait. Wait a minute.

I don’t speak gorilla… And my otter’s barely passable.

Radjack

Because “NerdlordJack” doesn’t quite roll of the tongue.

6 Likes

Well… Maybe a gravy boat or two for the problem areas…

Always nice to meet one of the seething forest of eyes watching my project from the treeline. Do come in and make yourself comfortable, won’t you?

The reason for the rebels going first is something they’d probably be very much in favour of. It was decided in a vote on this very thread. The rebels won the right to have their chapter written first by two points, with the Nobles right on their tails.

Ergo, the Noble chapter one, tentatively titled ‘Keystone: The Arrival’ will be the next to be made after this one, which shall involve a very large piece of sapient mining equipment, a midnight scuffle with the Watch and a lot of conciliatory drinking.

So… Stay tuned, I suppose.

Oh, and if you have any questions you are quite welcome to ask them.

2 Likes

Well, I’d heard a rumor from Ground Control…

Alas, when in aesthetic doubt, my mind tends to fill any and all gaps with ethereal models. This makes even the U.S. deficit intriguing…

Hmm.

Suitable.

Yes, I am (fashionably?) late, but this thread has caused enough of my fascination with those who have passed on to make me think 'twas ancient Egypt…

Truthfully, I was more keen to see the spin on the eNNies, Navi and Nira; poor lasses so full of vim and vigor, yet without a celebrity face to call their very own.

And I must add that this is the first time in my COG history that, when given the choice, my “canon” shall not be as a noble. It’s a marvel that such an author exists with the ability to send me hurtling off the throne. There must be a badge for that…

2 Likes

One of these days I will understand his name, until then, I will pretend it’s greatest name ever given for the leader of a misfit band.

Plops down from the tree’s branch, hope nobody minds that I’m lurking over here. I will be in the corner if anyone needs me…yes, I will just quietly watch everyone until then.[quote=“Moreau, post:1691, topic:15992”]
The reason for the rebels going first is something they’d probably be very much in favour of. It was decided in a vote on this very thread. The rebels won the right to have their chapter written first by two points, with the Nobles right on their tails.

Ergo, the Noble chapter one, tentatively titled ‘Keystone: The Arrival’ will be the next to be made after this one, which shall involve a very large piece of sapient mining equipment, a midnight scuffle with the Watch and a lot of conciliatory drinking.

So… Stay tuned, I suppose.
[/quote]
I’m very excited to see the Noble’s chapter to come out! Because, you know, something about stoic Mr.Gray and Ser Farah are really attractive. Stoic servant with a mystery of a background or the lady knight with a tough exterior. Think about the opportunity!!

Okay, I’m gonna be honest, I’m here for the plot as well. I really like how things turn out for the protagonist, they met with an unfortunate turn of fate and now, an android is living in their stead. It comes out pretty confusing at first for me because I didn’t get whether we are playing as them or the android but it clicks after awhile.

It also makes me wonder that, if we date, say Momo or Radjack before this, would there any be reference of that event happened in the past or it’s simply something of preference? Is it possible to have new non-binary pronoun in the future? I use they/them so zhe/zher sounds as foreign to me as he/him and she/her. Hope this is not too much!! Thank you for working on such a wonderful project <3

3 Likes

I am significantly less sad now.

We aim to please. Or at least to titillate.

Hmm… I genuinely have no idea. I know what they look like to me, but I can’t even properly communicate that to the world at large.

Community Casting Call?

You should know that I have a habit of deflecting honest compliments with humour…

That being said:

Sorry, no higher significance I’m afraid. I thought the name was cool, people seem to agree.

It’s unusual for something I say to not have an obscure second meaning, but it’s thematically consistent for Radjack to be so utterly free of deeper symbolism and…

Damn it!

I’ll get Cooper to leave a brandy out for you.

Many people are devoting a great deal of time to thinking about the opportunities. You’ll run into them soon enough.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it, there are some (hopefully) very interesting plot points yet to come, clues may be found in the Synopsis and Teaser Scene Compilation documents posted at the top of the thread with the demo, so if you’re feeling antsy for potential spoilers, adventure lies in that direction.

That particular choice doesn’t dictate the MC’s romantic preferences, only Flash’s. You will be able to choose a new preference, or no preference at all if it pleases you. However the emotional meat of the Rebel path will be picking over the ruins of your facial forbear’s past relationships.

It will be pretty grim.

I’ll be sure to add that to my list of helpful additions, thanks for the input. I want this game to be as gender Utopian as possible, so every suggestion helps.

Flatterer.

Go on.

6 Likes

…I’m finding myself majorly brainfarting on lady cast possibilities. I’m a fraud, I’m sorry.

He’s so devoid of deeper symbology that it turns in on itself and makes him the most riddled with riddles… That’s how it usually works, right? Is this one of those situations where going deeper (wink) is the only course of action?

Ooh, question! Is Navi an RO? How would Radjack respond to the MC hitting on her? How would they both respond to an MC expressing interest in both of 'em?

3 Likes

Mm, did you think I was here for the plot?

[quote=“Moreau, post:1694, topic:15992”]Hmm… I genuinely have no idea. I know what they look like to me, but I can’t even properly communicate that to the world at large.

Community Casting Call?[/quote]

Challenge conceptualized:

Nira elle est Freida Pinto?

Pooks doing her terrifyingly accurate impression of Lily Collins:

If they both proudly refused to accept the unglamorous dust of destitution, naturally.

[quote=“Moreau, post:1694, topic:15992”]You should know that I have a habit of deflecting honest compliments with humour…

That being said:[/quote]

You should know that in another thread I claimed to be one quarter Hedonismbot. That being said, the hive mind continues to strengthen its hold…

[quote=“Moreau, post:1694, topic:15992”]However the emotional meat of the Rebel path will be picking over the ruins of your facial forbear’s past relationships.

It will be pretty grim.[/quote]

:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Although…I must confess that the fact I became almost preternaturally gleeful at such pain does lend credence to the possibility that I might just be a devil/masochist in a hoop skirt.

Addendum: I’m just going to leave this here. (tiptoes back out)

[quote]The eyes are a striking blue.

The eyes are an enchanting green.

The eyes are a deep chocolate brown.

The eyes are a steely grey

The eyes are a velvety purple

The eyes are a sunny yellow

The eyes are a deep, dark red[/quote]

More cowbellfull stops.

4 Likes

I’ve some more things I was wondering about, if that’s cool with you.

So… If - when choosing to go with Radjack - Vitruvian had been successful in his retrieval attempt and had been able to bring the MC back to Arinthas… What then? Dude couldn’t exactly force the MC to help him out, right? Would he simply be all “you’re not even who you think you are, just come help me?” Would he resort to torture?

Also… How would the rescuing party react? Poorly, I’d imagine…

Also also, might’ve been asked already, but heights. How tall is everyone? Or are they all roughly the height of their actor/actress… Projections? And I promise I’m not just asking to confirm my headcanon that my “shorter than average” MC’s gonna need to stand on his tiptoes to even come close to being able to give Radjack a kiss… Not at all.

1 Like

Sorry for phasing out of reality for a day or two, migraines take me to strange places…

Anywho, back in the game now.

We’d best skip the trial and go straight to the sentencing, shouldn’t we?

Navi is in point of fact an RO. Her story is all about being in her brother’s shadow, being vehemently protected by him from damn near everything. She likes it sometimes, but resents it at other times. She develops a deep and resounding crush on Flash which she nurtures for many years, unable to worm her way into your heart because to Flash and everyone else she was the baby of the group.

She’s an adult, and she wants to be with someone who sees her as such.

Unfortunately she also very much wants that person to be Flash.

How would Radjack deal with the MC making moves on his little sister? Not well, I would assume…

As to being interested in both of them, I don’t think Radjack or Navi would be that accommodating…

Not for a second, my dear. Not for a second. Incidentally, Freida Pinto is actually a pretty good casting, might be adding that to the official list.

More full-stops will be ordered. I have them imported, you know.

Well you have no evidence whatsoever that I react to lore questions with anything other than blind rage and threats of violence, so I understand your reticence.

Hmm… I suppose if you were absolutely determined not to do as you were told, then Arinthas would simply amputate your limbs and remove your sensors (eyes, ears etc…)

He only needs the piece of your internal circuitry that can be coerced into communicating with the Nomad, and ‘do as I say and you can have an eye back’ is a pretty good incentive.

Wow. That got dark quickly.

Nice fluffy question. That should clear my palate.

I do believe this was discussed somewhere up in the lofty heights of the past. I think that Baselines were likely to be between 5 foot and 6, with Augments occupying the higher end of that scale as a rule. Radjack would be a pretty tall guy, so tippie-toes would be a valuable tool in your robotic seduction arsenal.

5 Likes

I retract my comment. Just started the game again and it’s been updated. Sweetness.

1 Like

Well, then… It’s going to be exciting to see how she takes to this newbie in Flash’s clothing.

Exciting or deeply heartbreaking, I guess, depending on whether or not history repeats itself and hers remains a crush unrequited.

It’s such a fine, fine line between “blind rage” and “being completely cool with the thing” anymore.

Jesus H Christ, Arinthas. I know he’s kept himself away from civilization for a while, but he surely remembers how not to be rude. Would he at least open with a “please” before diving straight into the deep end? Maybe promises of candy or something?

Tippie-toes… and a stool would probably help in this case, too. Maybe some platform shoes?

But that settles it - somebody’s ready to get on their mack with a certain Radjack.

…this got deleted somehow, but…?

No need to apologize. Absolutely zero need for that, sir.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity do all roads lead to Helping Arinthas? since if you refuse to go with him he says he’ll call you when he’s ready.

2 Likes

Good question. In this story, no.

I can’t rule out the future.

Neither can Arinthas.

4 Likes

Lucky for me Flash in my playthroughs used to be a pretty tall guy himself, what with being descended from blue-skinned superhumans and all, so I quite like the idea of my Flash(droid) being able to look Radjack in the (his very pretty) eyes. :heart_eyes:

Yeah, I already asked this and my conclusion was that our dear author is saving that one as a potential sequel hook.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you suffer those. I do too and I wouldn’t wish them on anyone. Well, hopefully your trigger is gone for a bit and you can recover fast. It usually takes me a couple of days to regain any strength before I can go forward with anything.

Still, your progression is nice at this point in development and I’m not worried about pauses.

1 Like