The Myrmidon (WIP) (Minor update 03/10/2017)

How about purple Flash himself, I mean the courtesan droid has to have that kind of stuff programmed in, right? And the Thinker could probably come up with some really creative stuff, if likely verging on the side of Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness when they do take the time to query the upper brain for info on the more romantic subjects.

Otherwise my bet is on RadJack himself, a guy that cute is almost sure to have that kind of stuff come naturally to him, particularly given our dear Jack’s chosen occupation.

6 Likes

Mad Libs: The Wedding Vow.
Truly I am this close to tapping into my Latina blood and whispering a tale about truck tire witches. Gentlemen of the courts beware…

Radjack:

MeFlash: :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

That’s almost cheating at that point. It’d also depend on how they’re played, too. Just because you can turn a phrase doesn’t mean you always will.

I’d think it’s Radjack as well, but he’s much too obvious, and I’m a fan of when the champ of this sort of thing is someone you wouldn’t expect. That’s why I want it to be Vitruvian.

Also…

…when you look like Marlon friggin Brando, you could read the phone book out loud and pout strategically… and everyone in the room would be yelling for you to take them now!

3 Likes

o.k. being held by those arms just umm… ya.

6 Likes

Lol i always mixed witch with and which. Oh that’s son simple stuff the contests ones are better. Pretty guy … maybe if @Moreau written a noble flirting i would posting more in topic Spanish flirting and pick up lines

5 Likes

Hey! No fair, I thought we’d be restricting ourselves to the Rebel path characters, if we’re not I’d at least add the Chevalier to the running as that guy practically has to be made out of wit and charm, he’d also be more unexpected than RadJack, considering who and what his daytime persona is. :wink:
As for Vitruvian, I don’t think he’s had quite enough socialization for that sort of thing in this life of his running with Arinthas. On the other hand I’m almost certain one or more of his previous incarnations would no doubt have been absolutely masterful at this sort of thing. :pensive:

Or maybe it really is Arinthas himself, the most human of them all, even if he does deny that.

Well, that’s why I specifically said, purple, sarcastic/snarky Flash as a player who constantly chooses that option for their Flash(droid) is likely to prefer to play them that way. :wink:

Okay, now you’ve established it in my mind too, RadJack obviously has to look like young Brando now! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Moreau oh oh i found something xD “Whoops… sorry. I was told the my name was…” > I think maybe you were going for that. ->“Whoops… sorry. I was told that my name was…” but maybe I am wrong xD but it felt weird reading it like that. ( I don’t remember this being brought up earlier but then again I had to go through a few hundred posts o.o so maybe it was xD if so my apologies.) EDIT also keep up the amazingly wonderful work :smiley:

eh as far as flirting goes I’ve always be fond of the french xD a lot of the words are just…belle et romantique. tho my french is a bit rusty xD

2 Likes

Ah, that does change the game up a bit. Nah, I meant out of everyone, but I probably should’ve specified…

Ahh… I was thinking of the courtesan MC who isn’t so keen on speaking their sweet nothings when I made my post. That said… snark/sarcasm doesn’t necessarily translate to having an affinity for good wordplay or being able to sweep the object of one’s affections off their feet with but a single sentence. I’m having flashbacks to some horribly cringe-worthy purple Hawke moments in Dragon Age 2 and… some of those moments are flirts.

Considering all the romance novels he probably definitely has read… I’m changing my vote to grumpy single dad.

I’m in agreement here, c’est si bon! Even if the meaning of the words happens to be quite… not poetic, the words themselves are magical. Example: Voulez-vous coucher avec moi? is basically ‘wanna bang?’ but it sounds much prettier than that.

4 Likes

Then I still think the Chevalier and RadJack are going to be very closely matched indeed!

I’d currently put RadJack, the Chevalier and Courtesan droid Flash in my, non Arinthas, top 3, though I still like to think my Thinker droid Flash will have his moments too, though those may end up coming across more as adorkable rather than the pinnacle of smoothness, come to think of it.

Some of those moment’s are hilarious tho. But I get you not exactly smooth, then again maybe reserve those for snarky Thinker/Combat droid Flash who may sometimes (or even often) fail at it despite trying very hard, but the sex-bot should still be among the top contenders, maybe once they get their bearings a bit, imho. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Unfortunately Flash(droid) is never going to be the object of his affections, though this does mean I have to ship Wolf/Arinthas now!

3 Likes

In another lifetime, Arinthas probably could’ve slept his way through the Three Rings and back again… He could in this one, but he doesn’t seem to want to.

Also, adorkable, yes! Very good. That’s my aim with my own Thinker MC, sir, can you read my mind or something? Either way… high five!

[quote=“idonotlikeusernames, post:1653, topic:15992”]
Unfortunately Flash(droid) is never going to be the object of his affections, though this does mean I have to ship Wolf/Arinthas now![/quote]

Yeah… now.

hurries to close 150k word Wolf/Arinthas coffeeshop AU fic in Microsoft Word

3 Likes

Hmm, well I suppose a little snifter before work would be…

It tastes of sparkles…

I could write an entire book (several possibly) on the English language’s obsession with time and how it has bled into the national consciousness.

I should probably stick to angsty sci-fi smut for now though…

I imagine that in matters of the heart, Engel could probably talk the hind leg off a donkey while simultaneously selling water to a whale.

While as you may have noted, Radjack could read off a list of horrible skin diseases and as long as he enunciated properly people would shed their clothes in a heartbeat.

Engel having competition? Zhe won’t like that at all… Or… Maybe zhe would?

I dunno, I can see him tripping over his words and not noticing flirtations until you get to second base at least.

Do you need a sit down? Someone will fetch you a glass of water.

I’ll respond to the rest in due course, as soon as my head deflates enough to fit through the door and go to work.

I have to say, I’m inclined to agree with Mara here, English is a terrible language for flirting, to the point that all of our conversations related to flirting are called pickup lines and rightly condemned to hilarious obscurity.

9 Likes

If you name your character Flash it makes the game stupid. I did this after naming my character Dash, and thinking that it was funny that my character was obsessing over a simple letter change. So I really hope you fix or change this. Pretty cool otherwise.

I didn’t mean for that to be a reply. Sorry.

Ok, do you have any suggestions about what the original characters name should be? A name that nobody would think to emulate? See, the name Flash was picked for a whole slew of reasons, but one of the more convenient ones is that Flash is not really a real name (Flash Gordon aside). If you have an idea for the original characters name that eliminates the issue you mentioned, I’ll be happy to consider it.

Otherwise, did you have any other thoughts about the game? Tone, dialogue, setting, that sort of thing?

I’ll admit that I did the same thing just to be a smartass - because I knew the original character’s name was Flash.

You could work it so that the player simply couldn’t enter Flash as an option - when they do, be like ‘right, Flash. Pick a real name’ or something.

And then five seconds later, they’re being called Flash anyway and the player’ll be like ‘wtf?’ but you have to figure that, in-universe, a noble lady like Calinas wouldn’t name their adopted heir Flash. Being able to use any other weird name for the MC can easily be handwaved with a ‘well, she knew their original name, and it probably wouldn’t fit for her to keep it .’

5 Likes

Please, please please, keep the original mc’s name Flash, I like it, please don’t give them a less cool name now. Besides naming conventions on the Rings have evolved for the better, for the most part it seems, as I like Flash, Atticus and Tychon much more than George, Herbert or Philip.

This, simply disable Flash as a name input. Dash on the other hand would be both hilarious and further confuse poor Flash’s former friends.

4 Likes

This is true of British English in general - especially some of the north/north-eastern dialects.

1 Like

Ah, but they were being deliberately flowery so as to weave a compelling fantasy tale. Everyday conversational English tends to be quite bland

1 Like

I think that varies between people. I certainly prefer short, sharp and to the point. If you take a coastal detour when explaining things to me I’ll eventually reach a point where I’ll cut you off and nail you to your point for example :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion…

Future possible titles:
2001: An Embrace Odyssey
DownOnKnee Darko

[quote=“cptowe, post:1656, topic:15992”]
If you name your character Flash it makes the game stupid. I did this after naming my character Dash, and thinking that it was funny that my character was obsessing over a simple letter change. So I really hope you fix or change this. Pretty cool otherwise.[/quote]

Tough Crowd: When the audience requests not merely an omniscient pov, but for the author to actually be omniscient.

Imagining fka Flash now going in to the Forge as the freshly dubbed Logicbomb.

Something like?
Charge - Word waffling
Sentence - Crucified by metaphor

7 Likes