The Myrmidon (WIP) (Minor update 03/10/2017)

@Moreau Does she prefer being called Momo or Navi?

1 Like

No, see… You put the sawdust on the floor so that it doesn’t get slippery when… oh… I’ll tell you when you’re older…

Whoopsie-Oopsie!

Neat/crushing, it’s all good, right?

Either way, both flaws fixed.

Interestingly, writing for Engel has been really difficult, as zher pronouns switch depending on what zhe is saying. My brain hasn’t figured out that we’re using zhe as a distinct pronoun, so when I’m typing Engel might spend two pages as a he and then switch to a she, and it’ll be several hours before I notice and forcibly go back and change them all.

Zhe’s been a trip to write, but I like zher.

Flatterer.

Go on.

Two different characters, I’m afraid. Momo is short for Kataka Moshi (and if your name was ‘Kataka’ you’d probably want to shorten it too) and Navi is short for Navara Rostrum. Navi is considered the ‘baby’ of the group at 19, and Radjack is very protective of her, so she tends to steer clear of the violent missions. There’s more info on both characters in the Synopsis document at the top.

I’ll make sure that the next scene separates them more effectively.

4 Likes

I’m so confused. I googled ‘sawdust medical uses’ and I found uses related to gunshot wounds which makes some sense (absorb blood and all that). But apparently it can also make pykrete (basically super-ice), fuel, and was even used as a filler in some meats.

All I ever really paid attention to was sawdust as bedding in a barn stall… Apparently there’s a lot more than meets the eye.

Anyway,

I was thinking about Momo’s li’l line of:

Out of weird, morbid curiosity- have the Lady Calinas-type Nobels (or Lady Calinas herself) ever actually used these drugs? If they do exist, why didn’t she just use them on the MC? Or are they mostly just rumors floating on the wind?

2 Likes

When you’re performing a surgery, the floor can get… slippy. Bits of the patient that have no right being exposed to the open air occasionally fall out and smear blood and other fluids onto the floor. This is generally seen as a bad thing.

On these occasions, the Surgeon deploys a layer of sawdust to the operating theatre floor to soak up the blood, thereby ensuring nobody slips or loses their balance at a critical moment. This is especially useful in naval conflicts where the whole ship is rocking, creaking and threatening to fall apart under enemy fire.

Tar is also useful to have on hand, but not for coating the floors…

Interestingly Pykrete was designed to facilitate one of the most insane military projects of the Second World War, and this was a war which had the Nazis in it.

The Allies were looking for ways to deploy fighters all over the Atlantic, and Geoffrey Pyke told Allied Command that he could build an enormous unsinkable Aircraft Carrier out of Pykrete that would be more than two million tons in size.

Naturally it was so bone crushingly stupid an idea that several tests were performed and a scale model was built to test the viability in Canada.

Ahem… Got a little sidetracked there…

Hmm… Mostly rumours I should think, nothing that would allow the Lady to exert the perfect control she wants. Also, Flash wouldn’t have had any ‘special’ abilities, and poor people are not amusing to the Court.

8 Likes

Yeah just re read the synopsis Momo and Navi are two different people i should read closely next time :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@Moreau I WILL INCLUDING YOU IN THE LIST OF COMMONERS SYMPATHIZERS… WHERE IS MY PATH??? . UHHJ Mara seems angry … lol If i were you I wouls control mi beverages… Mara has contacts and poison… :wink:

5 Likes

In due time, Lady Mara…

In due time…

12 Likes

Or a bit of the real Flash shining through, as the original also seemed to have various issues related to keeping their clothes on. :joy:

Well they can have the remnants of some once very impressive gene-mods and of course sexy blue skin, though apparently 5% of the Ring’s population now has that. Still the original Flash was undoubtedly a very talented individual with much promise that was snuffed out in order to make the template for our Android.
Besides in the noble path Calinas does “adopt” someone nearly everybody thinks is an amnesiac Flash.

The new content is great by the way, like the others I really like Engel (fun fact Engel is Dutch for Angel, but then you probably already knew that!).

One tiny error, it says file not found at the end, but I assume the file the game is referring to is the part of the rebel chapter that is not written or ready for public consumption yet.

7 Likes

The update’s great - meeting the rest of the Rebels was a blast, although I was a bit relieved I didn’t decide to look for one of my rescuers when the very next page mentioned I was naked. I liked how the introductions to Engels, Navi and Nira all stood out - although, despite the ‘Mr Radjack’ adorableness, I think that Engels might be my favourite.

I also got the same error, by selecting the ‘crash through the ceiling’ option for the first thing you clearly remembered but an error message appeared saying it couldn’t load the scene ‘ending’. Not sure if that’s happens with the other options, though.

5 Likes

You just reached the end of the update :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have convinced her to don’t slaving you to writing the noble part first as you should. BECAUSE NOBLES ARE BETTER IN ABSOLUTELY ALL TO MUD COMMONERS…

6 Likes

Another tiny error:

Well he remembers how to be a sarky little wotsit, so I’d say that’s half the work done already." Should be snarky, obviously.
On a sidenote, I just love Flash(droid)'s innate snarkiness and I hope we’ll get to see it on the noble and mage paths as well. :laughing:

I thought we just established that much of rich (old) people food is infinitely worse than what the normal people consume, particularly with some of the things moving about in the Rings. :wink:

6 Likes

Nope that’s yourself saying that. Mara is eating seafood rare birds elephants … chocolate and slaves covered in ice cream a perfectly awesome diet… compared with the poo mages eating.
Edit in Spanish eating can be used as a sexual innuendo lol No cannibal… i know you literal ENGLISH

3 Likes

This is one of the reasons why we love you Mara. Your rich imagination and interesting wording brings to our minds some of the most colorful visuals… :imp:

7 Likes

@Moreau

I was literally just thinking of the pykrete aircraft carrier when you brought it up.

Get out of my head! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

1 Like

You’re so literal to everything. That’s why you have fame to be terrible in flirtation. A Italian a French or us Spanish we use exaggerating metaphors who doesn’t mean anything except a seduction tool. While English stay there quiet and say Hmm You’re nice and I guess I want bang you… Sound lame in my Latino book ENGLISH NEED MORE PASSIONATE INNUENDOS MORE METAPHORS… or maybe I am too exuberant for your language

2 Likes

When everyone exaggerates and everyone understands its just exaggeration all is fine, but we native English speakers unfortunately have no such understanding, and there are too many people who are quick to assume harassment or discrimination so we English speakers have learned to guard our tongues for fear of accidentally offending someone who reads something negative into our words that we didn’t intend.

I suspect much of the media fascination with Trump is due to the fact that he’s a rare English speaker who does exaggerate and doesn’t guard his tongue. He’s not even very good at it, but he’s novel enough that a lot of people still find him entertaining.

6 Likes

We, as a community appreciate your exuberance (:heart:) … silly.

6 Likes

Oh I could be more exuberant and inventive with my metaphors and insult banters than Trump he is not enough subtle he at least tries.

7 Likes

Yes… just go into my Helvetti thread and see how … inventive she was when she thought I was writing about bestiality… apologies @Moreau for the off-topic… i just want to share Mara’s exuberance…

3 Likes