The Myrmidon (WIP) (Minor update 03/10/2017)

Neither because that’s not his real name…

Oops… Did I say that bit out loud?

Ah well… G’night!

10 Likes

Oooooooh you did not! You sly fox. Now all the Gray fans have something to discuss. Who is Mr Gray really? The plot thickens!

Edit: good night

1 Like

I… demand snuggles with my favorite character.

It seems nobody has any love for the King Toise, even though there are few more deserving of it. I am, frankly, shocked and saddened.

1 Like

Brennan Grey wouldn’t marry Mr. Gray. I just don’t trust that guy in the slightest. Maybe it’s the A in his name. Gray is not nearly as nice sounding as Grey.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Wait, that’s not his name! YES!

Brennan Grey will remain the best!

5 Likes

Crisis averted! We may rest easy.

1 Like

Ah! That was post 666! It’s ok though. I saved us by making another post.

You’re welcome guys.
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Sooo no Fifty Shades of Gray Parody with Grey and Gray?

Also welp, it’s time to put on our detective hats 'cause now I wanna figure out what his real name is.

5 Likes

Reginald. His real name is Alfred Reginald.

3 Likes

…would it be too lazy to suggest that his name is actually Grey with the E?

Yeah?

All right, then, how about Guy Incognito? I got nothing.

1 Like

Ooh, Moreau!

(I legitimately cannot stop smiling, oh dear.)

3 Likes

So I have know idea if you guys are still talking about this but, I’m looking forward to more of the rebel path. I want to delve into the life of are dearly departed former main character.

7 Likes

Actually, given Calinas’s rapaciously predatory nature, and all the effort she’s planning to invest into making her new pawn a perfect match for a princess/prince, It wouldn’t surprise me if she decided to take her creation out for a few spins in the bedroom herself assuming she isn’t ace. I think it would make for an interesting twist. @Moreau How about it?

1 Like

I promised myself I wouldn’t go there, but you make a compelling if vaguely incest-y argument…

5 Likes

lol. She isn’t really the MC’s mother, she didn’t meet the MC until he or she was an adult, and she doesn’t have a maternal bone in her body, so calling it incest is a bit of a stretch. It also doesn’t hurt that she’s hot. :wink: Honestly, I don’t think it should be a full-blown romance with a HEA. But it makes a lot of sense to have something develop, as long as there is some sort of “escape” from the situation possible if the player wants to avoid it.

Imagine it from her perspective. She’s like a master chef who has just made the most delicious and potentially most important cake in her life. A lot is riding on this cake. Sampling the cake would:

1. Give her an idea what changes if any need to be made before shipping the cake off.
  2. Feed her ego as she’d have had the first bite of the next Queen/King’s cake before they did.
  3. Potentially give her an additional emotional lever with which to manipulate the MC into doing her bidding after the MC wins the favor of the prince or princess.

:imp: :imp: :imp:

6 Likes

Buddy, you said a mouthful…

7 Likes

I’m gonna start pushing for a fling with Arinthas.

Sure, he’s centuries old and has been utterly focused on a specific goal for the past forever.

…and he’s the closest thing the MC has to a father figure. And he created the MC for a very specific thing- which is something that will, from my understanding, ‘raise his standing’ in the world (though in a vastly different way from how Lady Calinas wants to use the MC to raise her own standing in the world, but the essential idea of ‘I’m not where I should be in the scheme of things, darn it’ is there).

(Now that I think about it, the whole Forge thing is weirdly sexual reproduction-y: the Lady provides the ‘womb’ with Flash as the ‘egg’… Arinthas does the necessary things to ‘fertilize’ the ‘egg,’ and then they give ‘birth’ to an adorable little baby android…)

But… Wait, actually, a situation where the Lady Calinas and Arinthas are somehow forced to live together and raise the MC would be far better than whatever I was going for. That’s the kind of thing decent sitcoms are made of.

7 Likes

i would watch this like married with children with a centuries old father and a plotting mother.

2 Likes

You just basically described the actual plot of Married with Children.

Plus Katie Sagal with the big hair? Rawr. I have no idea what Al’s problem was…

6 Likes

No thanks. That lady better not touch my MC if she knows what’s good for her.

1 Like