The Myrmidon (WIP) (Minor update 03/10/2017)

Personally I prefer options like that to have an effect on something other than the player’s imagination, even if it’s just fluff. For example someone meeting a small MC for the first time: “I was expecting someone taller.” Or perhaps a tall MC bangs their head on a low door frame. Little things like that, to aid immersion.

That’s just me, though. I like all of my choices to have some degree of weight. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’d like that. I think there will be little fluffy bits like that, but I was thinking that I can’t really work full plot points around them. There will be acknowledgement of the choices you make, but not massive acknowledgement.

8 Likes

I’d say do whichever you’ve got the most plotted out for already. Those usually tend to go quicker and are less viable for writers block and more viable for sudden bursts of inspiration and whatnot.

2 Likes

Thankfully, they’re all plotted out.

You’ve seen how seriously I take plotting things…

1 Like

That is very true.

Okay, then cool. I’ve no special preference since I’m interested in all of the paths. So whatever you chose I can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

Retires to newly cleaned parlour, shooes Cooper out, pours brandy…

You watch the delicate hands of the pocket watch creep closer and closer to the top of the hour, knowing full well that the foolish man is probably standing on the other side of the door doing precisely the same thing.

You retire to the bedroom and wait, affixing a thin smile to your face and taking one last look in the mirror as the hour strikes.

You hear the door latch click as Mr Gray walks into your rooms, the clack of the immaculate shoes on the wood is perfectly timed as usual.

“My Lady, the sun rises in Kadana at the same hour as it does in Strom. I see no reason that your timekeeping should be so poor as to forget that already.”

You hear him leafing through one of the hefty books on your desk, no doubt with that same wry, teasing smirk you have been noticing out of the corner of your eye recently.

“You shall simply have to give the lesson in here Mr Gray, I am quite unmoved by your scheduling.”

You wait a moment for effect, knowing that he will not have moved one inch. This is all part of the game.

Now, Mr Gray.”

For a moment, the silence makes you think you’ve gone too far, but after a long moment of tension the shoes begin to clack.

He opens the doors and steps into the room.

You are of course quite naked.

His entire body communicates complete and professional nonchalance, the only indication that he has even noticed you is his left eyebrow, which has been discretely raised by no more than a quarter of an inch.

It’s more than you could have ever hoped for.

“I knew you were still alive in there. You’re not quite the machine I’ve been pretending you are.”

Mr Gray’s thin lips twitch with amusement, and moves his hand to his neck, ready to tear his cravat off and join you. His eyes have that strange predatory aspect that make you feel as if you are being watched by some dark jungle cat.

Ah-ah! Leave it on…”

The hand stops, returns to his side. He closes the door behind him.

He leaves the cravat on.

You asked, remember that you asked.

15 Likes

I like the rebel and noble path, but I vote rebel first because I can’t romance Lady Calinas and because I want more Momo.

7 Likes

I must say this makes me admire Mr. Gray’s professionalism.
Mostly because if it were me in his situation I’d break down laughing.
Boy got moves.
And caravats.
Caravats help.
(Out of curiosity, does Mr. Gray own caravats of different colors? And does he then color coordinate his caravat with his outfit? I don’t know why this occurred to me.)

5 Likes

Mr Gray’s cravat game is always on fleek.

7 Likes

Of course. How could I be so naïve?

(By the way, unironically googling caravat couture does not disappoint when thinking of Mr. Grey arriving to some important meeting with Lady Calinas wearing one of those bad boys.)

2 Likes

My interest scale:

Rebel path 9/10

Noble path 7/10

3 Likes

I would say the noble path and the rebel one as a close second.
I think it could be fun to have an MC who gets convinced that their ‘‘mother’’ loves them and only wants them the best with no ulterior motives and the fact that we know what she did just makes it all the better. I would also like to see more of Ser Farah and it would be interesting to see if she would start to take pity on the MC or start liking them and try to drop hints or outright try to convince them that their ‘‘Mother’’ is a scheming ***** . Or if the MC’s rebel partner/ex would try to get in contact with them to find out why they stayed and the surprise when they find out the MC has no idea who they are. imagine the shock of the MC when someone comes in through the window asking what the hell they’re doing.

The rebel route also seems interesting, to see what they are going to do about the whole awkward situation of ‘‘Hey thanks for the rescue but who are you again?’’ And to see the interaction between the MC and their so called partner.

1 Like

I’m with you. Need more Momo. I’m still waiting for some fluffy romance stuff with her.

2 Likes

I gave you a robo-twin threesome with Momo!

What more could you possibly want?!

What more could she possibly want?!

9 Likes

It’s weird hearing ask this talk of “Mr. Gray”, as I always give my main characters the last name Grey, with an E and not an A.

2 Likes

You started the fire with that. Just like you started the Gray fire with the cravat scene. (Or maybe fueled the fire fits better) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also im not trying to sound demanding or be annoying I hope I don’t come off that way if I do I apologize. I’m just very much in love with the story so far and eager to learn more about it and the characters within it.

1 Like

Don’t ever apologise for your enthusiasm, I love it. More questions! More demands for snuggles with your favourite characters! More I say!

2 Likes

110% sure you just opened the floodgates! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also in that case I would very much appreciate some Momo fluff ol’ chap!

I’m gonna leave this cookie here. Should you decide you want it completely unrelated to me asking for fluffy bits then please help yourself. :cookie:
Also allow me to pour you a drink good sir. :wine_glass:

1 Like

So if your Mc marries Mr Gray which last name do you take?

1 Like

Combine them! Have the surname Gray-Grey. Or Grey-Gray in their MC’s case.

EDIT: Or would it be Mr. Gray-Grey and Grey-Gray?

Do people usually put their own surname first or their spouse’s?

2 Likes