The Myrmidon (WIP) (Minor update 03/10/2017)

All I can think of is a call and response song:
“I say emotions you say prostate exam!”
“Emotions!”
“Prostate exam!”
“Emotions!”
“Prostate exam!”
“Emotions!”
“Prostate exam!”
“Yeeeeaaaaahhhh!” cue the guitar riff

1 Like

Have you had a prostate exam you weren’t expecting?

3 Likes

You have a knack of popping in and making a post that makes me do a double-take. Well done, Sir.

1 Like

No, but I was sort of wondering if the author had, since he brought it up. :wink:

4 Likes

I tend to just skim these high-traffic threads watching for new content updates and posts that catch my eye.

3 Likes

All this fascination with my prostate is very touching,

I’m almost inclined to spend the evening contemplating the rich tableau of friends I’ve made here instead of writing that Ser Farah love scene you’ve all been clamouring for…

10 Likes

humm… i suppose if your contemplating the rich tableau of friends you’ve made here comes with comments that could prove interesting xD but then again your love sense are rather outstanding… xD if we to vote i think mine would be split :smirk:

1 Like

I don’t know that we’re good enough friends for me to touch your prostate…

Buy me dinner first, at least?

1 Like

What even is this topic?

Question: so this forge creates an entirely accurate replica of the body that goes into it, right? Does that include internal organs, and if so, could this potentially be used for medical things? And are these replicas considered human? Or would they be seen effectively as possible organ labs? Or am I asking things that have nothing to do with anything because the forge is still experimental and not known about?

1 Like

I’d say that it’s more on-topic than not… but that it gets really, really weird when it veers off course. Not that I help anything.

Also!
This may answer the last bit of your second question.

There’s a lil more discussion about the MC’s status as a ‘human’ way further up, but that’s more in terms of legal stuff and pertains specifically to the MC.

2 Likes

Right?!

This is actually a pretty complicated question, so I’m gonna have to ask you to bear with me on this…

The Forge creates Myrmidons, which are androids designed to emulate human beings.

Myrmidons were designed to fulfil a variety of roles that used to be the domain of humans. As technology and society advanced, Humans weren’t needed for anything. They could outsource all their manual labour, their governmental bureaucracy and even their scientific advancement to specially designated machines.

Myrmidons did all of the manual labour and came in a variety of sizes and configurations, and were genetically designed to be obedient and unconcerned with their lot in life.

They were placid, uncurious and uninterested in changing their status in life.

Then things changed.

Nobody quite remembers what exactly the King of Golems was. Some say a brilliant human with a penchant for coding and revolution, others say a malfunctioning machine who accidentally received the gift of self-determination.

Whoever they were, they wrote and introduced a new code-directive to the Myrmidons’ programming. Remember how Arinthas could talk to you inside your head? Myrmidons have wireless communications hubs inside their heads. The King of Golems introduced his code parameters into their minds by winding it into a song that echoed through the ether straight into their heads.

The Myrmidons were sapient now, able to choose which orders to follow and which to ignore.

This upset the already crumbling social structure of human society so much that war was inevitable. The humans found themselves severely outnumbered and badly outmatched, and you can probably guess the rest.

The Forge creates realistically ‘organic’ organs and musculature and can be used for medical purposes, indeed the Forge attempts triage on the ‘patient’ before being told not to by Arinthas.

2 Likes

The King of Golems = Skynet!

3 Likes

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Eh… Sort of?

1 Like

Hmm…so I guess that makes a combat myrmidion “the Terminator”. Fun!

“I’ll be back…” (in Austrian-accented English)

:robot:

3 Likes

An argument could be made for the concubine myrmidon as well…

1 Like

1 Like

…is this a hint that combat and charisma focused MCs should make it a point to avoid vats of molten steel?

2 Likes

… Nah, you’re probably good.

I would advise against taking grenades to the chest though.

That shit voids your warranty.

10 Likes

Grenades to the chest, sure.

What about modifying my chest so that it is the thing shooting grenades at other people’s chests?

1 Like