The Magician's Burden

Got an error at either chapter 7 or 8… it was after taking an herbal bath to improve the MC’s skin for tomorrow’s celebration.

“celebration line 23: invalid return; gosub has not yet been called”

1 Like

I’m almost done with TMB but there are only a few hours left til the deadline so the demo not working isn’t my priority. It will be fixed sometime tonight.

13 Likes

Just focus with the competition for now!! the important thing right now is to submiting it before deadline!! Hang in there!! its almost done… Good Luck!! :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

You can do it. You didn’t come this far to stumble at the finish. Just tune everything else out.

Also, probably stop checking the forum. So hopefully you don’t see this until you’re done.

4 Likes

Phew. I wrote the last 3k of TMB, got it to pass Quicktest, and proofread the whole thing. Now I just need to get it to pass 10k iterations of randomtest and then I’ll submit it! I’m cutting it obscenely close.

10 Likes

Have we mentioned lately how much we admire you?

3 Likes

Surprisingly, no. :open_mouth: shame on you!

When your browser is 2k iterations through random test and then crashes -_-

5 Likes

Go somewhere with fast Wifi if you need to.

3 Likes

Boi.

19 Likes

MINOR UPDATE:

I have completed Rigel’s and Keano’s romance arcs, which amounted to another 7k words. Now TMB is complete, and it’s by far my longest work at 230k.

I also proofread all 8 chapters and changed the relationship stats to fairmath. I’ll be leaving the demo up for another few days if anyone wants to provide any more feedback before I start working on Winter of the Bovine. :slight_smile:

Also, a little insight into the personalities and baggage of the various ROs:

After you officially romance them and go back to their houses, then have sex, or not:

Violet: has a panic attack and kicks you out :frowning:
Rigel: has an anxiety attack and has to leave to get some air :confused:
Keano: drank too much and runs outside and pukes -_-
Mabelin: gives you a massage :smiley:

20 Likes

Ah, that remind me! I’m not sure if I asked you this already but… will there any major/minor character death(s) later in the demo?

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to read the last chapter. :wink: (All 8 Chapters are up and all the bugs are fixed, now)

7 Likes

my reaction to chapter 8:

mOWBOW??? dAD??

7 Likes

Heh.
Twenty characters

2 Likes

i catch some typo/mistake, so i’ll just put it here… i’ll be back if i catch some more :grin:
report :

well… im with Keano, so its kinda surprise me (lol), i have to take a double take and then wondering what did “Mabelin’s nightstand” do in Keano’s Room :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

did you notice the space there? (i guess its called line-break --if i remember it correctly) after worry and before Keano, sorry if im being nitpicky with that, it just doesn’t feels right and kinda throw me off :sweat_smile:

did anyone notice the last chapter title mention seven of seven while it should be eight of eight ?! :joy:

that’s it for now :grin:

3 Likes

Would you be able to beat him later? The fight with him wasn’t that satisfying cause you barely won and got wounded yourself too (unless you let Zaleth take over). It would be interesting if you could be a strong mage and completely beat him like how he beat you before or how the demon defeated him easily.
Oh also about stats with percentages, there is an issue with them that they are not very fair. For example if you have 80% relationship with someone and get a +20% bonus you only get up to 84%, but if you take a -20% you get a massive -16% that takes you down to 64%.

2 Likes

Yay! Great job.

Also, I know you said that you intend to let the MC use things bought from the black market, but I still felt inclined to ask: Hypothetically, if you put it in someone’s food and they die, and then a cannibal decided that they want to eat the corpse, will they die as well?

Also, can Zaleth actually leave by will after hijacking MC’s body?

And just in theory, if the MC did the ‘you’re gonna stay here forever by the way everyone hates you ha ha get rekt’ thing, then come back a week later to say ‘Guess what? I lied.’ or something, what would Killian’s reaction be?

Ok last question. This is just for fun. Would the MC ever be strong enough to throw salt in a Kihbok’s mouth?

Sorry.

3 Likes

Is there even a super tiny chance of Zaleth ever liking the MC? Part me keeps hoping he’s just a hardcore tsundere beneath all his bravado.

5 Likes

am i the only one who got this error ?

So cute!

@curious_boy
Damn, I wish I caught those before the contest. Thanks, I’ll fix them tonight.

@frog
Fairmath makes it more like real relationships, in my opinion, because it rewards consistency. And I pretty much almost only use %-3 and %-5 :slight_smile:

In the next two volumes, you’ll end up being almost as powerful as Zaleth through Melithar’s training. (Able to use 2 mana spells regularly and 3 mana spells when pushed.) So you could theoretically destroy Killian, but as of now, I don’t have any plans to put that in there. That could change as I write the next 500k of the series, tho. :stuck_out_tongue:

@jinx
Thanks!

Uhhh, I never thought about it. :joy: they would probably just get sick.

He can, but he would NEVER choose to leave. :stuck_out_tongue:

Killian would be quite pissed and then relieved.

Lmao, someone already asked that, strangely enough. No, Kihbok is too fast and powerful for that.

@ivoryowl
Haha, @anon49824592 said the same thing. Just wait for The Magician’s Enigma :ok_hand:

@curious_boy
TMB passed quicktest so idk what’s up with that. I’ll investigate tonight, but for now, try clearing your cache and refreshing the link.

7 Likes